Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA1K, F9 Ascent
Sorry about that. I got lost in all these threads and thought I had posted in a general celebrity sightings thread. However, I do not know how to move it.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K!, NWA PE
I saw Morris Dees on a flight to Chicago from NYC.

I think I'm the only one who recognized him. (go ahead and google to find out )
Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Havent seen him personally but GS rep told me skater/snowboarder Shaun White is a 1K MM...apparently flies to asia alot the rep told me
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I sat next to Mac 10 of WestSide Connection from LAX to LAS (First Class). He had just finished an appearance on the Jay Leno show.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:32 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by albutt27
I sat next to Mac 10 of WestSide Connection from LAX to LAS (First Class). He had just finished an appearance on the Jay Leno show.
LAX to LAS in F on UA? Please tell me how to avoid the rar!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, former UA 1K
Celebs galore

Sat next to Dusty Baker in F on ORD/SFO a couple of months back, right before the World Series. Boarding pass doesn't show "Dusty" as first name...sat with Chris Berman of ESPN fame at a gate in ORD back in Sept...I've seen both Oregon senators and my local US rep on numerous flights, mostly connecting in ORD (are Congressmen "celebs"?)
Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by JSBrewerJr
(are Congressmen "celebs"?)
Only if they have played pro sports, been on Law & Order, or were Sonny Bono. (Wait, there was that Love Boat guy too ... )
Old Jan 17, 2008, 3:53 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by Doug 1029
Would be interesting to see if Hanna Montana walked in.
Or her body double.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
TravelKhatt sat behind Mike Ditka in F on the early morning ORD to BDL last Saturday.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:02 am
Suspended

I saw Madeline Albright in 1A on UA224 this morning.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, CO Plat. DL Silver, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat., HH Diamond, Hertz PC, many more
Originally Posted by JSBrewerJr
Sat next to Dusty Baker in F on ORD/SFO a couple of months back, right before the World Series. Boarding pass doesn't show "Dusty" as first name...sat with Chris Berman of ESPN fame at a gate in ORD back in Sept...I've seen both Oregon senators and my local US rep on numerous flights, mostly connecting in ORD (are Congressmen "celebs"?)
Not really, but your ex-Senator Packwood and that fellow from Idaho are close.

Saw George Tenet (and bodyguard) on Flight 100 before Christmas.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by figer
I saw Madeline Albright in 1A on UA224 this morning.
Then you and I were on the same flight (SFO-IAD redeye on Friday night)! I saw her too. I was in F but not seated next to her (it's "Madeleine," BTW).

I Googled and found that she had been in San Francisco (and vicinity) doing some speaking/book tour engagements on Thursday & Friday -- for example, at the Commonwealth Club & the World Affairs Council. (She lives in the DC area and teaches at Georgetown U.)
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:52 am

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
Originally Posted by UnitedF1RST
Havent seen him personally but GS rep told me skater/snowboarder Shaun White is a 1K MM...apparently flies to asia alot the rep told me
I wouldn't be surprised. I met his mother and sister on a domestic leg of their return from the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino. They were very nice and he had just won gold a couple of nights before. This was before all the Amex and other endorsements, just a skater dude from CLD near San Diego. His mom just kept saying "My son just won a gold medal in the olympics for being on a snowboard! He told me he wanted to go to the Olympics and I never believed him!" She was so proud, it was really nice.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by gmitchs
It was my impression, from back then, that it was up to the entire crew, pilots and FA's, to decide if a family member could fly in the jumpseat.

There may even have been a rule, written or unwritten, but alas, this option was not offered for my NKOTB flight. The only times (maybe 3 total) I ever flew in the cockpit were when my dad was the pilot and the other pilot agreed and the back of the plane was full. I did get booted from the cockpit once when one of the crew spoke up.
I thought pre-9/11 it was up to the discretion of the pilots only, and often just the captain/PIC. At least that's how I remembered it as a non-rev during the 80s.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Saw Mike Tyson in the 'B' term at IAD today getting some Japanese food at the Matsutake Sushi restaurant. He's lookin quite chunky.
Oddly, I ran into him at DCA years ago as well. Strange.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.