Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA134 (SFO-ORD) downguaged to 757 Fri 11/13

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver

I can't complain too much as I seem to have been one of the lucky ones who ended up in F and not everyone can have been that lucky.

I checked in online two hours ago and it was still a 767 with new C then, but I just happened to check on gates for tomorrow morning and saw that all was not as expected.

Its going to be tough on quite a few folks tomorrow when they realise they're in E+ and other who get E- and then yet others who get no flight at all. And tough on the gate agents too probably.

Anyone know the reason for the change?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:05 pm

Well it is Friday the 13th after all.

In actuality, there are a few 763's out of service, hence the tail swap.

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid

Its going to be tough on quite a few folks tomorrow when they realise they're in E+ and other who get E- and then yet others who get no flight at all.

There is only one seat difference in capacity between the 3 cabin 767 and the 752 so not really "others who get no seat at all".

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 13, 2009 at 3:07 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
I can't complain too much as I seem to have been one of the lucky ones who ended up in F and not everyone can have been that lucky.
Out of curiosity, how do you know you'll end up in F?
Old Nov 13, 2009, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
I know I'm in F because easy check-in online shows that the 757 seating plan and let me pick a new seat and print a new boarding pass.

What I'm not so sure of is how they'll know who has new BPs and who has old ones.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Its going to be tough on quite a few folks tomorrow when they realise they're in E+ and other who get E- and then yet others who get no flight at all.
Only true if the flight is 100%+ booked.

What I'm not so sure of is how they'll know who has new BPs and who has old ones.
Computers are really good at that kind of thing.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
UA 137 went from 777 to 757 on Friday 13 Nov too

I don't know the reason for the change.

I checked in in EWR about 11:00 AM; my flight to ORD was a bit delayed and I got to the gate at ORD with only about 15 minutes to spare before scheduled departure. There was an enormous line and lots of unhappy travelers, one of whom told me that the aircraft had been switched and that lots of people were unable to take the flight.

I got involuntarily downgraded from C to Y, and I wasn't the only one. When my BP beeped loudly, the GA said "I apologize for the seat change" and handed me my new Y seat assignment. It was obvious that some planning had been done, as my new BP was E+, in an exit row at the window (one of the better seats in Y). They were buying drinks for us (too bad I wasn't drinking…) but not food.

There were no explanations, no apologies from the flight crew for what was obviously a very big annoyance for all passengers on that flight. Even those in Y suffered since a 757 has very limited overhead bin space relative to a 777 and it took an extra 30 mins or so to gate check everyone's bags.

What a pain this day was.

Any idea what's going on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.