Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-LAX-LGA same day turn =1 CR-1??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
JFK-LAX-LGA same day turn =1 CR-1??

I am wondering if I was able to have all flights confirm for business/first at time of book, would the chicken take 1 cr-1 or would it pull two?

I understand that it works when I fly SFO-HNL-LAX or SFO-ORD-IAD-LAX but I have yet to try it from the JFK and coming back to a different airport (LGA) but the same city pair? Can someone with experience guide me?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Is it ticketed as a one way JFK-LGA, two one ways, or a round trip?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
I guess it will be ticketed as a round trip but I am not sure? Will it be booked as JFK-LGA one-way?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
It's hard to predict how IT will look at this itinerary. I'm assuming that your connections are all less than 4 hours, and that you're flying JFK-LAX-XXX-LGA.

One CR-1 might get you all the way back to LGA, or to XXX, or just to LAX. I don't think it really matters if it's booked as one-ways or a RT - it just depends on the IT system and what it "determines" the origin and destination to be.

I did manage one e500 on SMF-SFO-"UA hub"-SMF last week even though the flight was booked as a RT SMF-"UA hub" - it basically calculated the need for 1 e500 from SFO-SMF since the first SMF-SFO leg was a EMB-120 with no F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.