Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Reports that UA is Awarding Status even if short a few EQM/EQS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports that UA is Awarding Status even if short a few EQM/EQS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, WN Cargo, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Lifetime Platinum
I was mid-trip with a similar situation. I was in Newark for a total of 22 hours. I woke up the next morning to check in and try to find a window and noticed I was now PE. When I printed my pass at the airport that evening it printed with Boarding 1. The gate agent was of absolutely no help. The MP line said that I could have it removed and re-entered with reservations and then reprint my pass at the kiosk and I'd be good. Reservations said they couldn't do it. Not like it really mattered as I still had room for my carry-on 10 rows back, but it would have been nice. At least I got the double miles bonus on the flight back.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
If you're close enough to a status level (i.e. under 1,000 EQMs) and are hoping to be bumped to the next level without doing any more flying, you should also consider using Choices to get the last 1,000 EQMs (for 10K RDMs/Choices) in mid- to late-December in the event that your status has not been bumped up.

Personally, though, if I were that close to an elite level, I'd make sure to pad a flight with additional segments or strange routings to make this discussion moot.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
My status shows as 1P in my summary as of Fri 10/30 (was 2P on 10/29), but it still apparently has not updated in the reservations system, which is, according to the agent with whom I spoke yesterday, different from the MP system. I'm on 4 days and counting and still can't select an exit row, still printing BPs with "Premier" and "Seating 1". What a pain.
Just to make sure, you need to have your status updated on each and every PNR you have in the system.....it is not a global change. A couple of years ago when my status changed mid year, I made the request for each record and my new reservation carried the privileges of the new status.....ie, I was able to select an exit row.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Maybe UA will also deposit 2 SWUs in my account if I am a few EQM short of 150K
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Just to make sure, you need to have your status updated on each and every PNR you have in the system.....it is not a global change. A couple of years ago when my status changed mid year, I made the request for each record and my new reservation carried the privileges of the new status.....ie, I was able to select an exit row.
I think in thier instance... it just didn't filter through the system.

IME, I have never had to do anything with old PNR's to reflect higher status (after about a week, I was able to change to exits and my BP's reflected 1P.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA - currently w/o status :(
I'm sitting at around 97K and still 1P. My next trip will put me at 99.8K, so we'll see what happens then. Getting 1K early would make it nice for the e500 upgrade window for my final trip of the year to ensure 1K.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I am at 99,487 EQM, and I am now a 1K. I think UA is bumping anyone within 1,000 miles of the next level.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by VA1379
I am at 99,487 EQM, and I am now a 1K. I think UA is bumping anyone within 1,000 miles of the next level.
Sure sounds like it, would be interesting to see whether they are doing it with all, or just with folks who already have a trip booked for the rest of the year. I'd figure if you were 99,xxx in late October, chances are you would have at least one more flight anyway, and if so bumping you early is a nice gesture that costs very little.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by whakojacko
Including DEQM on all future booked flights and the 5 US segments ive been too lazy to request credit for, Ill have 96243eqm by the end of the year. Ill likely get another trip, but not entirely sure. Guesses on whether or not UA will give me ultra-lite 1k?
Well, I'm at 97,512 and no bump up for me. Although I'm in the middle of an ORD-RIC-IAD-PHL-ORD trip, so I'll be back to the good life at the end of the week. My advice would be to get a MR in for your last 3,700 miles - just clear 100K and guarantee yourself the status as opposed to being close and hoping.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by JetAway
Is it really still necessary to call MP in order to have one's "new" status entered into current reservations? I reached 1P mid-trip earlier this year, did the call-in thing and the rep said that it wasn't necessary as my reservation showed my new status.
I became 1K between the 100-hour and 72-hour cutoffs for a flight I had requested an e500 upgrade on. The upgrade did not clear automatically; it cleared immediately when I called.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
well what about me?
im only 37k short of 1k! I should get bumped also!

im never flying UA again!

:P
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 2K MM - Marriott Gold
About 15 years ago I was 40 miles short of 1-K and inquired as to whether I could receive an exemption. After about a month and receiving no reply to my letter, I called. Turns out they keep your correspondence to them attached to your MP# and she pulled up my request.

The quote, and I still remember it to this day!

"No way, Mr. Triple-7. These people work way to hard to earn this status, and you will need to fly like they do, or you will remain a Prem-Ex for next year." Approx $100.00 LAX - PSP r/t did the trick.

I have never asked them for anything since, and never will.
So if they are giving away status like candy, then they must know something now that they didn't think of back then, like needing revenue anyway they can get it.

I don't begrudge "lites", but being "heavy" sure takes the suspense out of "Who dey luv", at this present moment in timel!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
FWIW, I have no booked flights, but I am planning on buying a ticket for Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
are the DEQM miles credited immediately? I thought it would take a while. I am at 91k but thought I would be at less than that at this point.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by djakio
are the DEQM miles credited immediately?
Theyv'e been posting within a week or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.