Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Reports that UA is Awarding Status even if short a few EQM/EQS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports that UA is Awarding Status even if short a few EQM/EQS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:00 pm

Check Status

I'm a new FT member, and fairly new to frequent travel. I'm currently a 2P with 47,529 EQMs this year (as of a flight yesterday).

How can I tell if the double EQMs from this offer have posted? I've flown several times since the offer began, and have a few more flights coming up that I would like to have 1P status in time for.

Is there a way to check when/if the double miles have/will post?

Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by cristofer8
I'm a new FT member, and fairly new to frequent travel. I'm currently a 2P with 47,529 EQMs this year (as of a flight yesterday).

How can I tell if the double EQMs from this offer have posted? I've flown several times since the offer began, and have a few more flights coming up that I would like to have 1P status in time for.

Is there a way to check when/if the double miles have/will post?

Thanks.
After the regular miles post to your account, they usually post the next Friday.

Also, no way to track them, other then manually (I personally use a spreadsheet).
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
After the regular miles post to your account, they usually post the next Friday.

Also, no way to track them, other then manually (I personally use a spreadsheet).
When we say they (DEQMs) will post the "next" Friday, does that mean the first Friday after flying? I'm still a bit confused on that. There must be some cut-off time for each sweep.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I have had flights post on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and the DEQMs post on Friday of the same week. YMMV
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I have had flights post on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and the DEQMs post on Friday of the same week. YMMV
I hope it doesn't (mileage vary from yours)!

It's a tough waiting game. I'll feel better as soon as the regular EQMs post. First time I've had a glitch where I've had to call to get them taken care of. And the way the CSR made it sound, if I hadn't called, they would never have posted. Ouch!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by VA1379
I think UA is expecting a big drop in elite members for next year. Otherwise, they would not be bumping people up. FWIW, I have flown about 72,000 miles this year. I am a light 1K but not a super light one.

UA should consider doing what AA does in giving soft landing to members who do not requalify for 1P or 1K. I think it would encourage some people to stay with UA.
Ooh, great idea! Of course, since I'll drop from 1K to no status next year, I'm terribly biased. While it would be nice if UA offered soft landings, I don't expect them to, so I'll be playing the field next year. Not having FF status makes it so much easier to try out the competition...
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Guess that means that our new cards are off to the printers.

The only obviously reason I can think of that they would do this now is to sure up the list of 2010 cards to be printed and reduce the number of people who end up getting 2 cards (one for their status "today", and another for the new status level they hit between now and the end of the year) - especially given that 2009 status now ends only a month into next year rather than 2 months in like it used to.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:07 pm

Hey guys…I’m new to the whole FF thing but have been reading up the last few weeks. What a great resource! I am at 49200 EQMs and was just bumped to 1P. I would have made it regardless on my intra Asia flight tomorrow. Anyway, I am flying to HNL over Thanksgiving and from what I hear if I am ever going to get an op up, it will be on one of these legs. People seem to be split on whether or not I need to call and have my MP # reentered on my reservation. Is there a definitive answer? Also, does it matter if my HNL travel is on an ITN with segments already flown? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:40 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by JetAway
Is it really still necessary to call MP in order to have one's "new" status entered into current reservations? I reached 1P mid-trip earlier this year, did the call-in thing and the rep said that it wasn't necessary as my reservation showed my new status.
It must be a YMMV situation. My daughter became 1P overnight prior to our flt from HNL to LAX recently. We had already checked in 24 hrs before our flight so the 1P didnt show in her ressie or on her BP. To have it reflected the checkin agent said he would have to offload her and rebook her. We decided to let it go, wasnt worth losing our already upgraded seats.

I am quite surprised with all the DEQM promos this year, that UA is also giving people a lift up over status lines. In previous years they were not so generous. They must be quite desperate to hang on to their elites .

Originally Posted by ozstamps
OMG.

UA gives near everyone with a pulse walking thru an airport 1K this year for a few $1000 if they are bothered to go for it, and as that did not dilute things enough, they are giving it to their next door neighbours as well.

Memo to self .. check-in at coach lines counter . . the lines will be shorter in 2010 than the 1K ones. ^
Why are you worried? Arent you supposed to be GS now . I am sure I saw threads saying you were going to be GS. That means your own special GS red carpet .

I wonder if UA are being more generous with their GS offers this year as well.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 5, 2009 at 6:15 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Still just a mere 1K right now. Along with half the Western World it would seem.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Still just a mere 1K right now. Along with half the Western World it would seem.
Reading the board, it seems to indicate the 1k ranks shrinking next year even with the extreme measures by UA. Do you have anything tangible to counter this?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:15 pm

48,882 miles is not enough for 1P

So I called a second time and finally got the miles posted from the first part of my SFO/ORD/MSN trip... now sitting at 48,882 miles with a flight this Saturday to Australia. No bump to 1P yet! Might be something done during a sweep, and not an automatic thing?

So at this moment, I'm sweating it out a little bit, hoping the DEQMs post as usual on Friday night. Cutting it just a wee bit close!!!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by steepndeep
Hey guys…I’m new to the whole FF thing but have been reading up the last few weeks. What a great resource! I am at 49200 EQMs and was just bumped to 1P. I would have made it regardless on my intra Asia flight tomorrow. Anyway, I am flying to HNL over Thanksgiving and from what I hear if I am ever going to get an op up, it will be on one of these legs. People seem to be split on whether or not I need to call and have my MP # reentered on my reservation. Is there a definitive answer? Also, does it matter if my HNL travel is on an ITN with segments already flown? Thanks in advance.
Hi, welcome to FT

If it was me, I would make the call to ensure it was reflected. You lose nothing if you call and your new status is already reflected, but if its not, then you do lose out if you are flying and you are not high enough on the pecking order for op-ups or meal choices etc. Its your decision, of course .

As I listed above, my daughter was already on an open itin of which she had flown LAX HNL when her status changed to 1P on the day of her next flight HNL LAX. The pnr didnt reflect her new status because we had already checked in the day before. So that may have been what messed it up. I cant say for sure. So I would call .

Good luck on your flight.

TO Mike Jacoubowsky: I am so hoping for you that your new status comes through before your long USA SYD flight. Got my fingers crossed for ya ! I have read your posts for a few years and I was a 2P like you for years. So congrats at making 1P and lets hope you get to enjoy it on your flights. If it doesnt come through in time for you to see it on your pnr before OLCI, I would ask at airport check in for them to print out your new status on a piece of paper, if it happens to show up on day of travel. Sounds crazy I know , but this is what we did at HNL airport for my daughter (when her new status wasnt reflected). Then we just showed the UA printed page when they came around asking about meal choices. Doubt it made a difference, but who knows . She did get her meal choice on that flight (for a change )! The status paper might also help get you into the lounges which you are entitled to as a 1P, so thats another good reason. Make sure you go see Annie at the NZ Koru lounge in SYD. Its well worth the effort .

Last edited by Downunder girl; Nov 5, 2009 at 8:54 pm
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
TO Mike Jacoubowsky: I am so hoping for you that your new status comes through before your long USA SYD flight. Got my fingers crossed for ya ! I have read your posts for a few years and I was a 2P like you for years. So congrats at making 1P and lets hope you get to enjoy it on your flights. If it doesnt come through in time for you to see it on your pnr before OLCI, I would ask at airport check in for them to print out your new status on a piece of paper, if it happens to show up on day of travel. Sounds crazy I know , but this is what we did at HNL airport for my daughter (when her new status wasnt reflected). Then we just showed the UA printed page when they came around asking about meal choices. Doubt it made a difference, but who knows . She did get her meal choice on that flight (for a change )! The status paper might also help get you into the lounges which you are entitled to as a 1P, so thats another good reason. Make sure you go see Annie at the NZ Koru lounge in SYD. Its well worth the effort .
Thanks, and I hope to be a very worthy humble 1P, one that doesn't neglect the lowly 2Ps that I once was and likely will again be in 2011. Don't know if I'll get a chance to meet Annie or not. We will have a bit of time between the MEL-SYD and SYD-SFO legs, so maybe a stop in the NZ lounge will work out.

Meantime, see if you can turn down the heat a notch in the Outback. We'll be at Ayer's Rock next Wednesday & Thursday.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Nov 5, 2009 at 10:43 pm Reason: Change to read 2P again in 2011, not 2012!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Thanks, and I hope to be a very worthy humble 1P, one that doesn't neglect the lowly 2Ps that I once was and likely will again be in 2012. Don't know if I'll get a chance to meet Annie or not. We will have a bit of time between the MEL-SYD and SYD-SFO legs, so maybe a stop in the NZ lounge will work out.

Meantime, see if you can turn down the heat a notch in the Outback. We'll be at Ayer's Rock next Wednesday & Thursday.
LOL...hmm good luck with that. I can control some things, but the heat is NOT one of them . Have a great trip.

I will likely be back as a 2P in 2011 too . See you there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.