Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Reports that UA is Awarding Status even if short a few EQM/EQS

Reports that UA is Awarding Status even if short a few EQM/EQS

Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by orisky
Sorry to bring up this old thread from a year ago. Looks like I'm going to finish at 59.5, based on current travel schedules and I really would prefer not to go on a mileage run the week after Xmas. Any other experiences people can share?

Thanks!
There is no way to know until it's too late to do anything about it. Past performance is not an indicator of future gains, as they say.

Seriously, what United does for people who just barely missed is a complete crap-shoot, based on past years. The only thing we know for sure is that any sort of buy-up offered will likely be very expensive.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
..Seriously, what United does for people who just barely missed is a complete crap-shoot, based on past years. The only thing we know for sure is that any sort of buy-up offered will likely be very expensive.
Given that they have finally slain the abominable TOD daemon, I somewhat regret (mildly) to have abandoned UA.

If they also fixed the SWU process and terminated the ludicrous boarding rain dance, I could live with UA again. But without SWUs and lowly stinkin Premier Ferrite priority, it will not be wise to try a comeback.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.