Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Problem between US/UA for Status & EQS/EQM Posting?

Old Oct 25, 2009, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

There seems to be an issue in the link between US and UA right now and I was curious if anyone else has experienced it. Two weeks ago my US flights went fine and there was no issue with status. Last week I flew six segments throughout the week and none have posted yet to my UA account.

Though one thing is in my mind wondering if they will get lost. Last week was the first time US told me they no longer had electronic access to UA for status confirmation. therefore even though my UA MP number was on the ticket it would not show Star Gold nor would choice seats be available to me until it was called in manually. Obviously this was unacceptable since I wanted a choice seat. Once transfered to a manager he was kind enough to call right then and have it confirmed.

Then Friday 10/23 I booked four more segments and was told the same thing. Only reason it started to sink in a bit more, because none of my segments from last week had posted. Normally it only takes an extra one or two days.

Anyone think whatever root cause is stopping automatic status sync could be causing my EQS to not post?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 2:54 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by 6cf0uMBz
There seems to be an issue in the link between US and UA right now and I was curious if anyone else has experienced it. Two weeks ago my US flights went fine and there was no issue with status. Last week I flew six segments throughout the week and none have posted yet to my UA account.

Though one thing is in my mind wondering if they will get lost. Last week was the first time US told me they no longer had electronic access to UA for status confirmation. therefore even though my UA MP number was on the ticket it would not show Star Gold nor would choice seats be available to me until it was called in manually. Obviously this was unacceptable since I wanted a choice seat. Once transfered to a manager he was kind enough to call right then and have it confirmed.

Then Friday 10/23 I booked four more segments and was told the same thing. Only reason it started to sink in a bit more, because none of my segments from last week had posted. Normally it only takes an extra one or two days.

Anyone think whatever root cause is stopping automatic status sync could be causing my EQS to not post?
I flew US on 22 October using my M + account. BP showed * G and I was assigned Zone 1. Flights posted yesterday. No pain here.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Maybe US is falling behind the curve on CO integration?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iwc
I flew US on 22 October using my M + account. BP showed * G and I was assigned Zone 1. Flights posted yesterday. No pain here.
Interesting, then certainly my 10/18, 10/19 and 10/22 segments should have posted.

Hmmm....
Old Oct 25, 2009, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, HHonors, Hertz Gold
I flew a US segment on October 1. As I checked in - I handled over my *G card to make sure my UA FF number was on my ticket. After several weeks of waiting for it to post - I sent in my info for missing mileage. After submitting it I got the "it will take 4-6 weeks to verify" message. Within two days the miles were in my account. I was really worried since the missing miles would have a major impact on a MR later this year. Thank goodness it cleared so quickly!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrekkerMary
I flew a US segment on October 1. As I checked in - I handled over my *G card to make sure my UA FF number was on my ticket. After several weeks of waiting for it to post - I sent in my info for missing mileage. After submitting it I got the "it will take 4-6 weeks to verify" message. Within two days the miles were in my account. I was really worried since the missing miles would have a major impact on a MR later this year. Thank goodness it cleared so quickly!
Thats where I am with these...with the economy this past year I am squeezing every last segment i can on UA/US to maintain status. I can't afford for even a single one to potentially be posted after the end of the year. Back in August it was evident my company wasnt going to fly me enough for miles so I've been segment whipping myself ever since.

Good to know they posted quick after you mailed it in for credit. I'll give it until 10/31 but then come Nov. 2 I'll overnight the paperwork for credit. I still have all six stubs which show the correct MP# so there shouldn't be any processing difficulties.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 6:24 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
My US segments on 10/5, 10/15, 10/19, and 10/22 have all posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.