Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fleet week pics and reports

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Care to give us some color on the destinations? Or were you sworn to secrecy?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Also at the meeting with the VPs three new international routes were announced and we should also see some MP changes today.
Any specifics on what the MP changes would be?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Any specifics on what the MP changes would be?
No specifics - I have a sense it may have to do with the CO entry into *A.

On the routes, they aren't finalized yet but they were looking at two new routes to Africa and one new one to Europe.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I this whole possibility of a new upgrade structure would warrant its own thread. Its kinda a big deal and buried in fleet-week many/most will probably miss it.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
No specifics - I have a sense it may have to do with the CO entry into *A.

On the routes, they aren't finalized yet but they were looking at two new routes to Africa and one new one to Europe.
Which destinations in Africa? (hoping for Nairobi)
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:55 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Which destinations in Africa? (hoping for Nairobi)
He would not say.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2 MM; , SPG Plat Amb/LTP, Marriott Gold, HH, Hertz Pres Circle
Thumbs up thanks again - awesome event!!!

Thanks again to United for letting us consumers into the event - it's such a thrill for an airline enthusiast and loyal UA flyer like me - and I was doubly excited to see N175UA as the 744 open for walk-through - was on that a/c back in April for my first ever mileage run SFO-FRA.

I also really enjoyed the meet and greet with the VPs, even though we got there late, enjoyed the conversation we did have and their honesty and candor.

And a HUGE thanks to Frank and the rest of the volunteers who made the event possible - even snagging the gate 69 red carpet and signage! LOL.

Can't wait for next year!!!

Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:49 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by ryan182
I this whole possibility of a new upgrade structure would warrant its own thread. Its kinda a big deal and buried in fleet-week many/most will probably miss it.
Indeed it does have its own thread here and posts discussing the upcoming upgrade program have been moved to this separate thread. Please use the separate thread for all further discussion of the automatic upgrade program, which is expected to be announced tomorrow, October 13, 2009. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Co-Moderator, United forum.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by l'etoile
He would not say.
Per the other thread, it seems that NBO are off-limits so it's likely that it would be CAI or South Africa.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 12, 2009 at 3:55 pm Reason: correction
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Many thanks to UA for including FTers!!!

What a great event! We flew up to SFO for the event (on UA, of course) and got up close to the B747 and A320 that were on display. The engine repair shop was also open, and there were a lot of displays and employees on hand to answer questions. There was a $26M B777 engine on display (it was there because of "performance issues") according to the manager who was there.

On board the 747, volunteer FAs were there to usher people through and to get you into the line for the flight deck. There, a really helpful volunteer FO was on hand to answer questions. (He previously worked the 747, and was recently reassigned to the A320/319 as result of the downturn and 737 retirement.)

Prior to the Blue Angeles taking off, another B747 took off and flew slowly over the maintenance base. It was to do a slow flyer over the Golden Gate Bridge as part of the Fleet Week air display. (Smart move, United Marketing Dept!!)

Overall, a great event. Many thanks United, Frank and the other United volunteers who set this up and invited a few FTers to participate.

Here's my Evacuation Slide Video (I was right at the base of the slide as it depolyed.) Enjoy. KH

747 Slide Deployment
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
Here is my Flickr Photoset of Fleet Week. Enjoy!
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:53 am

Thank you so much SeattleDave and others for the info for the Fleet Week Events! The photo's and videos were excellent! Great job on the plane pull! Who won the plane pull? Did anyone go to the dinner afterwards? I really wanted to go to the event. Maybe next time!
Old Oct 13, 2009, 8:20 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
More pictures and links are posted in the original Community thread:

United Airlines Invites You to Join Our Fleet Week Employee Event: October 11, 2009

Originally Posted by northsideguy
Did anyone go to the dinner afterwards?
Yes, I believe there were 53 of us there. Lucky has the exact numbers. Three were from UA and it was great to be able to share a meal with them and speak with them in a more relaxed setting.

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 14, 2009 at 1:20 pm
Old Oct 13, 2009, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
More pictures and links are posted in the original Community thread:

United Airlines Invites You to Join Our Fleet Week Employee Event: October 11, 2009

Yes, I believe there were 53 of us there. Lucky has the exact numbers. Three were from UA and is was great to be able to share a meal with them and speak with them in a more relaxed setting.

Thanks Pat! Do you know who won the plane pull?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Pic of Flyertalk's Fleet Week Plane Pull Team!

Here's the pic!

If people see themselves, update the post, and I'll go ahead and list all of the FT'ers in the pic.

Left to right...
Back Row: ?
Front Row: HunterSFO, HungarianHC, Katy1579, Tattikat2

Last edited by hungarianhc; Oct 14, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.