Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Food for sale in LAX and DEN RCCs ("dine menu")

Food for sale in LAX and DEN RCCs ("dine menu")

Old Oct 17, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by exerda
Although a step in the right direction (how long have we been asking for the RCC to provide some kind of food for purchase above the slowly-improving snack options?!), I still am spoiled by the LH lounge experience at IAD and the free food offerings.
Yes I guess I am spoilt for choice after being in "real" lounges like SKL and NZ Koru club, but I dont find having to pay for food that other lounges offer for free is any sort of great enhancement .

If they can offer this food, then why isnt it included for FREE as per other lounges? WOW, and people actually pay for RCC memberships .

I saw the Menu cards in LAX RCC last week too and I was shocked that they expected people to pay.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Has anyone tried the dine in service at the rcc?

9/10 bucks seems a little steep for a salad or a sandwich which doesn't look very big looking at the one the guy next to me is eating!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Not sure if this is old information, but I saw some table tents for the RCC dining options in SAN the other day.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:20 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Railroad flyer
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

9/10 bucks seems a little steep for a salad or a sandwich which doesn't look very big looking at the one the guy next to me is eating!
Yes, I buy a sandwich now and then, especially when I am flying out on an evening flight after driving straight to LAX from work. Yes, I could stop at In-N-Out, but I'd rather get the uncertainty of how long check in and security will be out of the way. I don't find the meal options inside T7 very appealing and at least I can sit in quiet and multi-task while my dinner is being made. For $9 plus a few extra for tip, I get a sandwich and a side of chips (plus a Diet Coke and the various snacks from the towers).
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I don't find the meal options inside T7 very appealing and at least I can sit in quiet and multi-task while my dinner is being made. For $9 plus a few extra for tip, I get a sandwich and a side of chips (plus a Diet Coke and the various snacks from the towers).
Five mins walk to T8 will get you to Gordon Biersch. ^
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:02 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sadly, I do not drink beer, but I do loves me the garlic fries. ^
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
For a moment there I got really excited. I read the title of this thread as:
Food for sale in LAX RCC ("dime menu").
I thought UA was selling sandwiches for $0.10...
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
I think forcing RCC members to pay for drinks and food is horrible. What is the point of paying for membership when you then have to pay for everything in the club?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I think forcing RCC members to pay for drinks and food is horrible. What is the point of paying for membership when you then have to pay for everything in the club?
Does your country club give you unlimited free food and drink? I doubt it. If the RCC had unlimited free food and drink I'd just keep buying fully refundable tickets and live there.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
Does your country club give you unlimited free food and drink? I doubt it. If the RCC had unlimited free food and drink I'd just keep buying fully refundable tickets and live there.
So now we're comparing the RCC to a country club? Puh-leeze.

If the RCC continues to move toward pay for everything inside the club (as it seems to be doing), then what becomes the point of joining? An internet connection that many have already via 3G or airport WiFi? It becomes akin to paying a cover charge to eat at a subpar restaurant.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
No but the CO Presidents club gives me unlimited free booze and many other non-US airlines are able to provide unlimited food and drink, why can't the RCC?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
A small clarification, please.

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
No but the CO Presidents club gives me unlimited free booze
<snip>
I think that observation deserves a small clarification, to wit: unlimited free booze of a certain quality.
I'd say a lot of the brands and alcohol you might well want to enjoy come with a "co-pay."
This condition, or at least the "double drink chit" requirement for some drinks in RCCs has been bemoaned in other threads.
The distinct impression I had at the EWR PC a week ago was that "the good stuff" was being marketed on the upper levels of a tiered display, clearly suggesting its superior status.
A free splash of Kahlua and Bailey's over ice was acceptable, I will say.
On another note, leave us not rhapsodize over much about the snacks/food. "We were not amused."

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 5, 2010 at 12:34 pm Reason: fix html
Old Jun 5, 2010, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcutcher
I think that observation deserves a small clarification, to wit: unlimited free booze of a certain quality.
I'd say a lot of the brands and alcohol you might well want to enjoy come with a "co-pay."
This condition, or at least the "double drink chit" requirement for some drinks in RCCs has been bemoaned in other threads.
The distinct impression I had at the EWR PC a week ago was that "the good stuff" was being marketed on the upper levels of a tiered display, clearly suggesting its superior status.
On another note, leave us not rhapsodize over much about the snacks/food. "We were not amused."
I'm not looking to get tanked in the club, but sometimes it's nice to have a few beers gratis before boarding en route to a vacation. Seems like a small thing for the airline, I'm not asking for vintage champagne and Macallan 25.

Last edited by GetSetJetSet; Jun 5, 2010 at 4:14 pm
Old Jun 5, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, United Club lifetime member, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcutcher
I still think the PC drinks policy is way better than in the RCC. Particularly if you are saying you can get Kahlua and Bailey's over ice for free there - the last time I had a Bailey's on the rocks in an RCC, they demanded two drink chits for it, which is outrageous.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Railroad flyer

So while I was at LAX earlier today, I had a quick look around Starbucks and a couple other places selling packaged sandwiches. 8-9 bucks for a normal sized sandwich (neither large nor small). 9/10 doesn't seem too unreasonable, especially if I have a cup of coffee or a soda with it.

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
If the RCC continues to move toward pay for everything inside the club (as it seems to be doing), then what becomes the point of joining? An internet connection that many have already via 3G or airport WiFi? It becomes akin to paying a cover charge to eat at a subpar restaurant.
If they can offer additional services for a reasonable per-use cost limited to people who have access, then I'm all for it. If they want to offer paid massages (without reducing the amount of seating available), why not?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.