S 0600 - 20:00
S 1100 - 19:00
Print Wikipost

Lufthansa Lounge Access in DTW/Detroit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
This thing w UA *G gaining access to the LH lounges in IAD/DTW when on domestic tkts is just a lucky loophole in the rules. I wouldn't count it to go on much longer
funny...it's been going on for about 4-5 years now. i think it's here to stay.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM+1K; Marriott Platinum; HHonors Diamond; Avis First
Originally Posted by spin88
First time I tried to get in with the RCC card, they said no, only *G. So I showed them that and I was in. Have used it about half a dozen times.
That has been my experience as well. 100% success rate w/RCC & 1K card on domestic (usually DTW-ORD) every time I fly home from DTW. Probably 8-10 times over the past 2 years.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by DriukasLT
That has been my experience as well. 100% success rate w/RCC & 1K card on domestic (usually DTW-ORD) every time I fly home from DTW. Probably 8-10 times over the past 2 years.
I have also used the LH DTW lounge for domestic flights on UA departing from DTW with my *G credentials many times. It's a very nice lounge. I hope we're not messing it up by discussing it here, but it's something I've enjoyed and appreciated. It's such a stark contrast to the skanky, filthy, over-crowded, dilapidated, classless lounges that UA runs.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Going to be flying out of DTW on 12/25 on UA. It looks like the LH flight to FRA is not operating that day. Will the LH lounge still be open or would it be closed?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann
Going to be flying out of DTW on 12/25 on UA. It looks like the LH flight to FRA is not operating that day. Will the LH lounge still be open or would it be closed?
Anyone know if the DTW Senator Lounge will be open on Christmas Day?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:05 pm

Lufthansa Lounge Access in Detroit

The DTW Senator Lounge is closed today. Sign posted on door says it is closed 12/24 and 12/25.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sannmann
The DTW Senator Lounge is closed today. Sign posted on door says it is closed 12/24 and 12/25.
Having visited this lounge many times, I will say that it can be closed at somewhat random times and without notice.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold
Does anyone know if I will be able to access the LH lounge with a Amex Platinum card (non airline branded)? I will not be flying on LH. Most likely American.

c|d
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: United GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cardood
Does anyone know if I will be able to access the LH lounge with a Amex Platinum card (non airline branded)? I will not be flying on LH. Most likely American.

c|d
the amex platinum card does not provide lounge access to Lufthansa.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:44 am

I am not sure if it's been asked before, but just in case someone has the answer - would I be able to access the lounge upon arrival? I'm going to be stuck at DTW for about 3 hours coming in from FRA and it would be nice to be able to take a call for work from a relatively quiet location. I don't mind going through security again, but will they even let me through?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: United GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by highlanderfil
I am not sure if it's been asked before, but just in case someone has the answer - would I be able to access the lounge upon arrival? I'm going to be stuck at DTW for about 3 hours coming in from FRA and it would be nice to be able to take a call for work from a relatively quiet location. I don't mind going through security again, but will they even let me through?
you need an onward boarding pass on a *A flight for access and i presume you are *G?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by maxinkuckee04
you need an onward boarding pass on a *A flight for access and i presume you are *G?
I'm terminating at DTW, so I'm guessing my status is irrelevant? I'm not sure what my status is as my booking shows *O (first class with miles), but shouldn't it be *A or *F?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
They won't not unless you have an onward boarding pass.

I'm terminating at DTW, so I'm guessing my status is irrelevant? I'm not sure what my status is as my booking shows *O (first class with miles), but shouldn't it be *A or *F?
If you are terminating in DTW, how do you plan on getting back airside though without a connecting boarding pass ?

Once you arrive you have to go thru immigration, and you will be in landside, not airside, the LH lounge is airside in the departure level.

FYI, status means elite status. O class is the booking class for star alliance first class award ticket.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If you are terminating in DTW, how do you plan on getting back airside though without a connecting boarding pass?
I'm not planning anything - that's why I asked. I have only flown into DTW once from overseas and clearly don't have the requisite experience needed not to ask, nor do I have enough experience using lounges. Thanks for clearing it up, I appreciate it.
FYI, status means elite status. O class is the booking class for star alliance first class award ticket.
Right, that much I gathered. Makes sense it would be a different code for a non-United-branded flight.

BTW, is there a thread here somewhere with status and other abbreviation explanations? I'm quite familiar with the lingo, working for a company that thrives on three- and four-letter terms, but am routinely lost on FT.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by maxinkuckee04
the amex platinum card does not provide lounge access to Lufthansa.
We are going to be flying from DTW on USAirways which is *A. Still no access with Amex Plat? Looking at Amex website, it says that Amex Plat would get us in via USAirways.

c|d

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.