Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Wow big day in the lounge, the big shots from NZ are here also.

I just met the Monna the regional Manager for NZ. I told her to keep up the great work NZ has the BEST lounges in Star for sure!^
Old Apr 6, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by sdflyer1976
Doesn't the computer just tell them what to do? That's what happened when I was there in March during my SYD run. She did not let me talk...she just said let's see what the computer tells me.
If only the HNL RCC dragon was competant enough.... she tried some typing, then called someone, then finally showed me a piece of paper that stated only RCC members and United First. Business pax only. When I... um... very patiently... pointed out that this was for T-mobile access only and again showed her my A* benefits printout she ungraciously let me in. I still think they need a touch of "annie" training.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I was in SYD on Tuesday but I missed Annie as she took the day off. I spoke with her boss and she told me the same thing - thanks to FT and this thread, someone from WHQ was coming out to do an interview which will appear in Hemispheres. She is definitely a "rock star" around the world.
Can't wait to read the Hemispheres blurb. She is SO deserving of the recognition.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:44 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
I don't think I have ever seen such an accolade about a single employee of any airline on FT that has been given to Annie and rightly so. I met her last year and what a lady! She should be proud to be -and is - both an ouststanding UA employee and a true Australian. You are a credit to both.

We salute you Annie!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Originally Posted by cubfan99
Can't wait to read the Hemispheres blurb. She is SO deserving of the recognition.
+1. I was in the lounge yesterday. Annie was off... asked Matilda (also an outstanding UA employee) if she knows when the article will appear, but does not.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by why fly
NZ has the BEST lounges in Star for sure!^
Well, that's debatable.

Have you visited TK, or TG, or OZ, or NH (just to mention a few)?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by why fly
I am in the lounge now and just met Mary from United HQ! She was here getting pictures of Anne for the internal United network.
I met Annie last week and she mentioned that she had just been photographed. I was so jealous, because as a photographer I think she would have been fun to shoot.

I was in the 1K line with a few others before the counters opened that day. The employees were standing and having a quick meeting. As the meeting broke up, Annie walked over to the First, GS, 1K, Business lines and made sure that they knew they were welcome to come to her club for a hot meal. She's great.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:53 pm
Company Representative - United Airlines

Programs: United Public Relations
Hello,
I don't normally post internal communications that are sent out, but I know you were all excited about Annie. This was for an internal communications channel, not Hemispheres , but I hope you will enjoy nonetheless.
Cheers,
United PR

Win Australia: Annie's Wow Factor
Posted April 17, 2009

"That must be 'Annie' over there -- I can tell by her smile," said a customer at our counter in the Air New Zealand lounge at Sydney Airport as Anne Walton approached.

Anne, known to her colleagues and our best customers as "Annie," has served as a customer service representative (CSR) in her hometown Sydney for more than 20 years, becoming a much sought after representative, friend and confidant to our best customers.

Annie's supervisor, Leanne, Sydney station manager, is often stopped by Global Services (GS) customers who ask about Annie.

Recently, one of these customers found Leanne in the departures area to ask if Annie would be checking him in that day. He said he had heard of the "Annie experience," but had yet to meet her himself and was hoping to say hello to her that day.

"This kind of thing happens with Annie everyday," says Leanne. "She is a legend here."

When Annie's name is mentioned on customer Web sites, like Flyertalk, the comments flow, such as this recent string:

* Annie is simply the best. There is no other employee working for United worldwide that even comes close to her ability to recognize and service passengers.
* She is a master-diplomat with a firm hand on the mic unrivaled throughout the RCC network worldwide.
* I have not seen her for about a year, but I get to see her on Wednesday. I am truly looking forward to her big smile every time she sees me. Last year I even got to introduce my wife, to whom I am always talking about how great Annie is.
* Just got to meet her last week for the first time. I now understand.
* Annie's not the type of person to "toot her own horn" much, and we're not going to SYD for some time, but I hope someone tips her off to the compliments she's getting and so richly deserves!

Not that she's counting, of course.

"I don't read the comments -- it's not why I do this," says Annie. "I'm so happy doing what I do and I want to make our passengers' experience with us the most positive experience possible. It is my job...and I absolutely love it."

She adds, "If I can greet each person with a smile, put them at ease and make them feel welcome and valued, then I'm doing my job."

Back in the lounge, after being checked in by Annie, another GS customer shares, "I fly all the time and I always look forward to seeing Annie. She makes my experience so enjoyable each and every time."

Adding that he has status on both United and one of our competitors, he mentions that he finds our premium service far superior "because of the people like Annie."

To Annie, one of the keys to help us "win Australia" is very simple.

"I treat each and every customer that walks through my door as an individual." True enough, Annie even knows each of her passengers by name, not to mention their birthdays and children's names.

She adds, "Every customer is valuable, whether they are traveling in economy or first class. As far as I see it, everyone deserves the best service possible."

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 17, 2009 at 8:46 pm Reason: per policy
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by United PR
Hello,
I don't normally post internal communications that are sent out, but I know you were all excited about Annie. This was for an internal communications channel, not Hemispheres , but I hope you will enjoy nonetheless.
Cheers,
United PR
Thanks for posting this United PR. Hope it makes Hemispheres eventually, great to learn about such an awesome employee
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I agree, thanks United PR for posting this. While Annie is not the only great employee in that customers get to interact with, I hope this article serves as an example for the less-than-stellar employees out there. Kudos to United for recognizing their strength with people such as Annie and Capt. Flannagan, etc.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
United PR - Thank you for posting this. I'm glad to see Annie is getting the recognition she deserves.

Edited to add: Hopefully I will be able to meet her again when I'm in the SYD Air NZ lounge 5/25/09.

Last edited by restlessinRNO; Apr 17, 2009 at 6:28 pm
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
I actually got two hugs and a kiss from Annie on the 13th - The box of Ghiardelli chocolate I gave her for helping me the last time I was through there could have had something to do with it
Old Apr 18, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Thanks United PR for posting this. I showed the post to Annie who was very excited and gracious. The NZ reps also wanted a look and were very pleased for Annie

Also, btw, unless i'm mistaken Nick Cave is in the lounge

Jeff
Old Apr 19, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by jswong
Thanks United PR for posting this. I showed the post to Annie who was very excited and gracious. The NZ reps also wanted a look and were very pleased for Annie

Also, btw, unless i'm mistaken Nick Cave is in the lounge

Jeff
Very cool ^.

Annie was very sweet to my daughter, MINI DG when we were in the RCC with her ^. She was also working the check in area one time when I nearly missed check in due to terrible traffic and a broken suitcase handle . A few kind words from Annie, and I was checked-in smoothly and feeling calm again .

Way to go Annie :-:. I am so hoping you are working on Thurs 21 May as I would love to stop by and say HI again .

Keep up the great customer friendly service, you are a credit to UA ^ ^ !
Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Premier Plat (1.2 MM), Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, GE
I'm sitting in the Star Alliance Lounge at SYD waiting for my flight to LA (UA 840) and enjoying the beautiful lounge and Annie's warm hospitality. She is indeed, very special. A wonderful way to end my first MR to SYD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.