FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/853681-annie-rock-star-aka-united-australia-retired-2020-a.html)

UNITED863 Aug 19, 2009 8:07 pm

I'll be back in SYD on Sunday, and hoping Annie will be there... maybe will show her these latest posts, if she has time. One of the NZ agents there had me show her this thread in March, so maybe they check it once in a while.

Regardless... I've always had pleasant experiences at the Koru Club. And have previously posted my +1 about Annie in this thread. She's fabulous.

bseller Aug 19, 2009 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by violist (Post 12252047)
A couple years ago, for my FA connection, I think it was the Marriott for both her
and her husband.

I trust you implicitly!! Which is why I believe that Ozstamps thinks it is Marriott as well. ;)

It is just that it was a "couple of years ago". ;) :D

AND, Annie IS a rock star!! Seeya in SIN, my friend!!
Dave

UNITED863 Aug 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Just posting another wonderful experience with Annie in SYD today, and here we are:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2534/...0b4fd3e907.jpg

Cheerfulflyer Aug 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Thank you for posting a picture of Annie. Finally a face to all the FT fame! YES, our heads will be always bowed to her. :-: :) ^

weero Aug 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by violist (Post 12252047)
..P.S. I have seen some interesting encounters with Annie. The secret is, if you
go by the rules, she's a gem; if you try the tiniest transgression, even a harmless
one, she will be down on you like a hod of bricks. I think her philosophy is - the
rules can be stretched, but it is she who is entitled to do the stretching, not you...

Most definitely. She holds 'upgrade raffles' and governs the lounge as her own little kingdom.

And she's good with faces - when I flew NZ and hence used the NZ lounge, she allowed me to stay in the lounge despite not flying United that day.

I hope she means these things in a joking way .. but I am never too sure.

flyerbjorn Aug 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by weero (Post 12271042)
And she's good with faces - when I flew NZ and hence used the NZ lounge, she allowed me to stay in the lounge despite not flying United that day.

Why would she not allow you to enter the NZ lounge ? You're a *A gold member with a same-day*A BP.

I'm flying SYD-BKK soon on TG or SQ and will definitely be using the NZ lounge :)

MrSydney Aug 24, 2009 12:59 am

Originally Posted by weero (Post 12271042)

I hope she means these things in a joking way .. but I am never too sure.

She was pulling your leg. It's owned and operated by NZ. UA pay NZ for the use of the lounge.

weero Aug 25, 2009 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn (Post 12271152)
Why would she not allow you to enter the NZ lounge ? You're a *A gold member with a same-day*A BP.

I'm flying SYD-BKK soon on TG or SQ and will definitely be using the NZ lounge :)

:confused: ... she did allow me to come in.

Originally Posted by MrSydney (Post 12272278)
She was pulling your leg. It's owned and operated by NZ. UA pay NZ for the use of the lounge.

No she wasn't joking .. she just was on autopilot. The time was right and was the familiar suspect.

So once she realised that I was flying 'competition', she had to say something and that something was worded in a funny way.

Renard Aug 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by MrSydney (Post 12272278)

Heck I think that even this is the lounge that DL is using this lounge for its BizElite as I say the DL logo on the lounge sign under affiliated partners for lounge use. :eek: So it goes to show that Air New Zealand will lease out lounge space even to the 'competition'. I was a bit surprised to see it frankly.

(Please correct me if I am incorrect on this one.)

weero Aug 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Renard (Post 12283240)
..So it goes to show that Air New Zealand will lease out lounge space even to the 'competition'. I was a bit surprised to see it frankly.

(Please correct me if I am incorrect on this one.)

Well NZ abandoned the SYD-LAX route eons ago .. so technically speaking DL is not a competitor of NZ on that run, unless we talk about SYD-AKL-LAX passengers.

robertr Aug 26, 2009 2:39 am

i will be in the lounge for the first time next Tuesday - off to LA , with various airlines sharing this facility, are the United boarding calls relayed through to the lounge?

MrSydney Aug 26, 2009 2:47 am

Originally Posted by robertr (Post 12284271)
i will be in the lounge for the first time next Tuesday - off to LA , with various airlines sharing this facility, are the United boarding calls relayed through to the lounge?

Yup, they sure do.

restlessinRNO Aug 26, 2009 2:48 am

Originally Posted by robertr (Post 12284271)

Yes, they are. :)

seanp7 Aug 26, 2009 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Renard (Post 12283240)
Heck I think that even this is the lounge that DL is using this lounge for its BizElite...

You are correct.

FoundInRNO Oct 24, 2009 9:45 pm

I can confirm that Annie was in the ANZ lounge today. Very, very helpful. Called out pax names if they were missing, and at one point said, "just wait here for a little while longer. The gate area is packed."

Now I know....