Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Plenty

Getting ready to fly SYD-SFO. Observed Annie taking the NZ Lounge over. Priceless - she got everything under control, wheels and deals with seats and upgrades, and strikes the perfect balance between taking care of her kids (that's us PAX) and making sure no-one gets out of line. United needs more Annies.

Last edited by travelcomments; Aug 10, 2008 at 12:42 am
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:53 pm

Programs: GM
Annie has mad skills. She greeted me & asked me to step aside while she quickly helped another flyer. Then as she began to help me, another guy interrupted us to enter the lounge. He was frustrated that he didn't qualify to enter, and she firmly but politely told him that he'd soon qualify to enter at the rate he flies. It was masterful handling of the situation. Clone that woman United!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
Yes, Annie is fantastic. The last UA survivor at Station Sydney.

I have not seen her for about a year, but I get to see her on Wednesday. I am truly looking forward to her big smile everytime she sees me. Last year I even got to introduce my wife, to whom I am always talking about how great Annie is. Of course they had a wonderful conversation among themselves and my wife later got to hear some of her firm, but informative, announcements. That was in the old, underground, club. Now she rules from upstairs.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 12:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
Wirelessly posted (xx: BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.55 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Just got to meet her last week for the first time. I now understand.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:30 am

Programs: UA MP 1K 2MM
I agree--Annie is special. On a LAX-MEL rt in June/July, we headed for the NZ lounge during the stopover at SYD. Interestingly the UA (or UA-contracted) folks at the gate were all over us about not having time to go to the lounge. Annie wasn't there for the morning stopover, but on our way back she was running things very nicely. I look forward to the SYD stopover--what a great employee:-::-::-::-:^^^

Flyer 420
in Seattle
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
I agree - I still get greeted as one of her "regulars".
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:09 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Annie is simply the best. There is no other employee working for united worldwide that even comes close to her ability to recognize and service passengers. Does United have any form of global recognition program we can nominate her for? Visiting the NZ club on way to to the US or to NZ is such a treat whenever Annie is around. We need her to lead customer service training globally!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Annie is the nicest UA employee I've ever met.

And the NZ SYD lounge rocks. It's the nicest lounge I've visited so far.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
Annie is simply the best. There is no other employee working for united worldwide that even comes close to her ability to recognize and service passengers...!
There's one GA in DEN that comes close, but other than him I agree, she is a master-diplomat with a firm hand on the mic unrivaled throughout the RCC network worldwide.

I was pleasantly surprised to see her in the Koru Club on my return flight last week. I have been using that Club for the last 18 months or so vs. the cave downstairs. It beats the cave hands-down. Having Annie stationed in the Koru Club was a smart move when they shut down the RCC. Good to hear her voice again. In my book, she got upgraded! Picture windows looking out on Botany Bay and SQ's 380's, what an improvement over the hole in the basement.

I have fond memories of awaiting an upgrade call last year and she called me out, the last name eligible. ^^
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Platcomike
Yes, Annie is fantastic. The last UA survivor at Station Sydney.

I have not seen her for about a year, but I get to see her on Wednesday. I am truly looking forward to her big smile everytime she sees me. Last year I even got to introduce my wife, to whom I am always talking about how great Annie is. Of course they had a wonderful conversation among themselves and my wife later got to hear some of her firm, but informative, announcements. That was in the old, underground, club. Now she rules from upstairs.
Annie is also a survivor from PanAm. Those of us who fly to Sydney as crew love her too. Just wish we could see more of her and more like her. Go Girl!!! ^^^^
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Glad to hear that others share my views on this particular UA employee!! ^

She has always been helpful to me, and did a very nice re-accomodating my colleague on an earlier flight SYD-AKL during last year's CNZ fun.

Good on her!! :-:
Dave
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 2P, IHG Royal Ambassador
Let Annie know!

Annie's not the type of person to "toot her own horn" much, and we're not going to SYD for some time, but I hope someone tips her off to the compliments she's getting- and, so richly deserves! (And, tips off UA so they know we appreciate what a great asset she is!)
Old Aug 23, 2008, 2:56 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
This isn't the same Annie who orchestrates the standby upgrade list as a form of a raffle, right ?

Oh well, I will see on Monday what I stored so falsely in my memory.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 4:12 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by weero
This isn't the same Annie who orchestrates the standby upgrade list as a form of a raffle, right ?

Oh well, I will see on Monday what I stored so falsely in my memory.
I was surprised too, because I think it's the same Annie!

You're thinking of the one who calls up each person from the upgrade list, puts them in suspense, and then shouts either "You are not upgraded!" or "You have been upgraded, what seat would you like?" loud enough for everyone to hear. Right?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 5:57 am

Programs: UA, DL, & DJ
I've read a lot of about Annie, hopefully she's there on Monday. If no-one beats me to it, I'd be happy to tip her off about the comments that are still flowing for her around here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.