Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jimmc66
Given the absurdity of Australian labor laws, I'm quite sure Annie doesn't work seven days a week.

Anyone know what her schedule might be?
Absurdity?

United US BASED FA's from SFO doing Three (3) turns a month to SYD, with 5 star hotel layover on each one and per diem in USD, and that being a legal monthly working duty roster

THAT is absurd. @:-)

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 19, 2009 at 2:26 am Reason: unnecessary
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
WHen i was in the lounge many months ago, an employeee from UA HQ was doing an interview with Anne, they also interviewed FT'ers and I was also. I think it was for an internal article I never did see it posted.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
There will supposedly be an article featured in Hempishperes, though we haven't seen it yet...
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:37 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
There will supposedly be an article featured in Hempishperes, though we haven't seen it yet...
See post #83

Jeff
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Absurdity?

United US BASED FA's from SFO doing Three (3) turns a month to SYD, with 5 star hotel layover on each one and per diem in USD, and that being a legal monthly working duty roster

THAT is absurd. @:-)
Ahem - perhaps you should check your info before you post things about United FA's staying in 5 STAR HOTELS in SYD ! I can tell you now, that is just totally untrue . There is NOTHING 5* about where they are staying.

Given that each turn takes approx 5 days out of the FA's week, doing 3 or 4 of those a month (plus adding in other routes where they can get the work), takes up a good chunk of time, so its hardly bludging. If you think they have it so easy, why not join up as a UNITED FA and enjoy it for yourself .

Back to topic: We managed to sneak in an extra impromptu trip to the USA in July. I saw Annie in the lounge and she greeted MINI DG and I like we were long lost friends and we were treated like royalty ^. We had a lovely chat with Annie and really enjoyed our time with her in the lounge. Annie is a 5 STAR UNITED employee and I really look forward to seeing her again at the end of September.

Last edited by Downunder girl; Aug 19, 2009 at 6:18 am
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Ahem - perhaps you should check your info before you post things about United FA's staying in 5 STAR HOTELS in SYD ! I can tell you now, that is just totally untrue . There is NOTHING 5* about where they are staying.

Well you better break your newsflash to Marriott. Their website seems to show you are the one who needs to check their info.

http://www.mirvachotels.com/sydney-marriott-hotel

UA crew used to stay in SYD Hilton before that.

And if they have changed, it will be nothing too shabby, trust me.

Three (3) turns a month down here for senior FA's is a legal roster. SYD is the plum route of all plums. Most of them do not want any more than that. Heaven forbid. Hence my point.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Well you better break your newsflash to Marriott. Their website seems to show you are the one who needs to check their info.

http://www.mirvachotels.com/sydney-marriott-hotel

UA crew used to stay in SYD Hilton before that.

And if they have changed, it will be nothing too shabby, trust me.

Three (3) turns a month down here for senior FA's is a legal roster. SYD is the plum route of all plums. Most of them do not want any more than that. Heaven forbid. Hence my point.
Since I have several friends who fly for UA, I know what I am talking about. I am NOT going to tell you what hotel they stay at NOW, but its NOT 5 STAR and its NOT Marriott - lets leave it at that and get back to topic .

Anyone seen Annie lately?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Well, since the UA Crew that I know don't stay at Marriott, I suggest, respectfully, that it is you who should check on what is and isn't a 5 star.

Dave

Last edited by bseller; Aug 19, 2009 at 7:28 am
Old Aug 19, 2009, 8:06 am

I was surprised to see this thread to veer off topic completely. SOTP os my favorite hotel in Sydney.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
SOTP is my favorite hotel in Sydney.
Back on topic, Annie is my Fav UA employee in SYD!! (btw: I agree with you on SOTP! )
Dave
Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
United FA's staying in 5 STAR HOTELS in SYD
It's the Marriott, which I don't think deserves *****, but that's
another issue.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by violist
It's the Marriott, which I don't think deserves *****, but that's
another issue.
Sorry, my good friend, but its NOT the Marriott!
Back on topic - Annie IS a rock star

Dave
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Annie treated Mrs. & I like long lost friends back in June, and it was the first time we'd met her! Looking forward to seeing her again next month. (hope she's there)
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
All of which begs the question "If she's so wonderful why hasn't one of the *real* airlines snapped her up long ago." I'd think one of the Asian carriers would kill to have her working for them at SYD.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by bseller
Sorry, my good friend, but its NOT the Marriott!
Back on topic - Annie IS a rock star
A couple years ago, for my FA connection, I think it was the Marriott for both her
and her husband. Not that I care, I avoid SYD and its denizens (except for
Tetsuya Wakada) as I am able.

P.S. I have seen some interesting encounters with Annie. The secret is, if you
go by the rules, she's a gem; if you try the tiniest transgression, even a harmless
one, she will be down on you like a hod of bricks. I think her philosophy is - the
rules can be stretched, but it is she who is entitled to do the stretching, not you.
And that's fair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.