Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Please Accept Our Apology" (Online Replacement for Skykit) Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Please Accept Our Apology" (Online Replacement for Skykit) Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by UCBeau
perhaps we should start a thread discussing the various redemption offers..i am tempted to use the 10% off cert but cant decide.
isn't that the questions - is it useable? I still have my $50 elite choice from last year that I have tried unsuccessfully to use multiple time.

Those options for the skykit do sound pathetic. I'd just write a letter given the options available and ask for vouchers somewhere between that offer and the old ridiculous values (for some issues)
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Before the change they were ridiculously generous, that's for sure. For domestic low fare flights I think the current system is more in check with what it should be, but for international flights it's a total insult.

The really ridiculously great days of the skykit are over, that's for sure.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Congrats, you got the new SkyKit Lite
Old Mar 4, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
My recent experience with the new customer appreciation forms:

JFK-SFO ps Broken C seat - 5000 RDM.
LAX-SFO audio problem - 5000 RDM ^

Doesn't seem well thought out.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Oh no, I went online prior to reading this thread to cash in my first ever appreciation card (or skykit) for broken audio (well, for only one movie; but the only one I wanted to watch, Enchanted).

It's was HKG to SFO, since I'm only a 1P, the compensation level was Cat X, for 10% off future flight, $35 voucher, or 4,000 RDM. I took the 4,000 RDM.

Oh well, it's still great to get the 4,000 RDM for only one movie. And I would know for next time to call it in (we have another flight to HKG this weekend form LAX via SFO).
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Before the change they were ridiculously generous, that's for sure. For domestic low fare flights I think the current system is more in check with what it should be, but for international flights it's a total insult.
Agreed. At a minimum they need to differentiate international from domestic like they used to.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Got one today HKG-LAX for my special meal that wasnt catered !

So can I look up what the system offers and decide later or do I have to select right away ?

5K would be ok for me and no CSR will lift the compensation for a meal that wasnt catered. Just being realistic here... saving myself a phone call
Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM RCC, DL 2MM/FC, Marriott PL
Interesting. Wife and I were on a flight ORD-PVR last Wednesday and the video screen wasn't working (we were in 1A/B - no alternatives), and I asked the FA for a skykit and got one of these web certs with a serial number. I hit the web when we got home Saturday night and plugged in all the info, selected the 500-mile upgrade e-cert, but never got an email back and have yet to have seen anything credited to my account. Go figure...
Old Mar 8, 2008, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
A few days ago, I was flying LAX-SYD and had no laptop power. My (and my seatmate's) empower sockets weren't working. I pointed this out to the FA, who said "I'm sorry, there's nowhere else we can move you" ... which is lame, since I didn't want to move anyhow, but she couldn't be bothered saying or doing anything else and I just used my laptop less than I'd wanted and slept more than I expected.

When I got on my SYD-MEL leg, the video screen was one of the floppy ones that falls down all the time. I didn't care much (except when it hit my knee unexpectedly) and told the FA mainly because if nobody tells them, it's not going to get fixed. This FA gave me one of the new "Please Accept Our Apology" cards and when I told him about the lack of laptop power on the previous flight, he gave me another card for that too.

I took the miles for both, as the 10% off offer excludes flights from Australia.
The miles posted instantly though, so excellent on the lack of hassle factor.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kremmen - as a 1K on a 14 hour fllight with no laptop power, how many miles did you get? Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GoingAway
as a 1K on a 14 hour fllight with no laptop power, how many miles did you get? Thanks.
I'm guessing it doesn't matter what the problem was. Both cards gave me 5k miles.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kremmen
I'm guessing it doesn't matter what the problem was. Both cards gave me 5k miles.
just checking for clarification - i was afraid that was all you got
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, new system might be reasonable for domestic shorthauls, but a total insult for international flights, IMO!
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold

Yah under the old system - IAD-FRA got 400 for no laptop power as a 1K in C
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA (1K;2MM), AS (G), DL(3MM;GM), BMI G, BA G, AA EXP, SPG (P), IHG Plat Amb, HY Plat
Broken seat - Sky Kit Teir W

On a flight yesterday MCO-LAX I had a seat that would not stay upright. I asked for the Sky Kit and received the new "customer appreciation" card with web link and a code to enter. Upon landing at LAX while at the RCC wating for my next flight, I was able to log into the site and entered my code and MP info. I was given a choice of 4 options, including $50 off domestic cert, 5,000 MP miles, 10% off domestic travel, or one 500 mile upgrade.

With the old sky kit, this would have yielded a $200 discount cert for domestic travel . The option of $50 was useless to me, so I opted for the 5,000 miles. I like not having to pay postage, the immediate response, and the electronic cert (as opposed to paper). However, the less generous compensation was a big disspointment.

The miles posted overnight and were labeld as customer appreciation tier W. I do not know if UGS gets different compensation levels. All in all, a mixed bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.