Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Please Accept Our Apology" (Online Replacement for Skykit) Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:30 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I mailed in one of the new kits 2 weeks ago and I have yet to receive any compensation or response. Is there anyone who has successively redeemed one yet? And, yes, I kept a copy.

The previous web based PAOA worked fine. Why did they change it?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am in the same situation. Mailed in the envelope 2 weeks ago and no word from United and nothing in my MP account. I sent an email to 1KVoice and got a reply thanking me for being a MP member since 2000 and that they will have someone look into the broken seat (which is what I was asking about)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
They changed it because this system works for UA.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

The please accept my apologies card worked for me, but I sent it online.

FA filled out their part onboard and gave it to me (they didn't suggest that they would take it). I didn't even ask for it - they just gave it to me a while after I told them the screen wasn't working.

I went to the feedback page (united.com/feedback) filled out the form and there is an option there to add an attachment. Scanned and attached the part of the form that the crew filled out. Within 5 days (as a plat), received an email back noting they would separately send a $250 ecert. That arrived 2 or 3 days later. So at least it does seem to work if you submit it online.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
How stupid. What used to be easy is now much more difficult and more time consuming. What on earth are these people thinking?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
UA and thinking.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just realized that i have an expiring ecert from skykit.

Can anyone remind me if it's possible to use it on an itinerary with multiple travelers if i call web support?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by demkr
How stupid. What used to be easy is now much more difficult and more time consuming. What on earth are these people thinking?
Well that's with many other things with the new UA.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by azepine00
I just realized that i have an expiring ecert from skykit.

Can anyone remind me if it's possible to use it on an itinerary with multiple travelers if i call web support?
Possible, but don't go into the call expecting them to say yes. It's technically in the T&C that it can't be done, but if you get a nice helpful agent, they may be inclined to do it for you and manually discount the overall fare for the e-cert value while simultaneously voiding it.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:18 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I mailed in one of the new kits 2 weeks ago and I have yet to receive any compensation or response. Is there anyone who has successively redeemed one yet? And, yes, I kept a copy.

The previous web based PAOA worked fine. Why did they change it?
I waited 6 weeks and there was no response and/or compensation to the new snail mailed-in PAOA form so I attached a scanned copy that I kept to the poorly designed web form at http://united.com/feedback .

Has anyone received any response to the mailed in form or is it a black hole?

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Mar 3, 2013 at 11:42 am
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I waited 6 weeks and there was no response and/or compensation to the new mailed-in PAOA form so I attached a scanned copy that I kept to the poorly designed web form at http://united.com/feedback .

Has anyone received any response to the mailed in form or is it a black hole?
I no longer get any response from the /appreciation site, however, I have recently had luck getting an actual response from the /feedback site, including an e-Cert.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
3 weeks ago had a Broken Seat in PS First.
Received the new PAOA SkyKit.
Completed it & gave it to the Purser.
No response from UA.
This afternon sent an email to http://united.com/feedback .
Within half an hour of having sent that email, received an email back from customer care an apology & informing me 15K RDM deposited in my MP account. Very Impressed with the speed with which Customer Care @ new United Responded ^
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RockinRon
I am in the same situation. Mailed in the envelope 2 weeks ago and no word from United and nothing in my MP account. I sent an email to 1KVoice and got a reply thanking me for being a MP member since 2000 and that they will have someone look into the broken seat (which is what I was asking about)
I finally emailed 1kvoice and after a bit of back and forth was given 7000 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.