Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by mechteach
I just received a MM congratulations packet in the mail, with a cute little acrylic plaque (as well as more coasters, luggage tags, and drink certs). It's a small thing, but I really appreciate that gesture!
Congrats perfesser!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Congrats perfesser!
Thanks! It's a long way to go to catch up with you, though!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I’ll hit my 1 MM on August 29th. I fly DTW-IAH, then layover, then IAH to CUN. The first flight should be the one that makes it. It’d be nice to be acknowledged but I’m not expecting it. Still, I’ll figure out the mileage so at least I’ll know when I actually hit 1 MM. ��
mechteach and narvik like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Started flying for work approximately 3 years ago and I have to say; you million milers (or 2M,3M,4M,etc) are really really tough people.

Barely hit 500k recently and I'm feeling 'tired', especially since this year has been constant travel every week. Hopefully I'll keep up the pace and hit MM before I leave my 20s.

Major Props to you guys. Thanks for all the Flyertalk wisdom you share.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
I passed the 1MM mark last night on an MX-delayed flight into ORD. I arrived at my connecting gate 3 minutes after scheduled departure and the plane had already pushed back from the gate. It was the last flight of the night so I spent the night in Chicago. Not the way I had imagined celebrating my newly minted MM status. At least my RPU cleared so I was in first.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Started flying for work approximately 3 years ago and I have to say; you million milers (or 2M,3M,4M,etc) are really really tough people.

Barely hit 500k recently and I'm feeling 'tired', especially since this year has been constant travel every week. Hopefully I'll keep up the pace and hit MM before I leave my 20s.

500k BIS in 3 years (assuming little prior to your work) is stressful and being tired is your body telling you to back off or figure out how to relax more. As long as you make 1K your progress toward MM (or 2MM, 3MM or higher) should come organically. Remember that the most important feature of status is to use it to reduce the stress of frequent flying. Priority boarding, preferred (F, PE and E+) seating, International lounge access, SDC, priority luggage and priority communications are tools to help provide you with greater flexibility to ease your passage.
Best of luck
jjmoore likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:05 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by laxmillenial

+1 to the above. 500K BIS in three years is in the right tail of the distribution even on FT (or left tail depending on your perspective). I hit 1MM BIS at 29 and I think I fly a ton (with for sure some negative sleep/health realities related to that travel schedule) and I had ~350K in BIS from my childhood travelling with my family. Just know that your current travel load is indeed as bananas as you think it is.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM GS, Delta Skymiles Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Couldn't have asked for a more special crossing of 1MM on my recent ICN-SFO flight, a flight that has been a constant fixture in my life for the past few years. I'd sent a short note to GS earlier in the week sharing my excitement of the upcoming flight.

It started off fun having the same crew as I'd had on the outbound; after champagne and congratulations from the flight attendants during boarding, at the tail end of boarding the pilot came out with a hefty set of documentation about the flight, and an amazing signed flight plan and annotated United North-Mid Pacific Orientation Chart showing the exact 1 million mile crossing location (similar to what some have shared previously in this thread). After a really nice chat and photo in the cockpit, snuck in a peek at the crew rest area in the front of the 787.

Thanks United for making this flight ultra-special, and ultra-thanks to the FAs and pilots/FO who dedicated some of their precious time to share in my overexcitement.
jonlibby, Pat89339, wxguy and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Lifetime PassPlus, 1K, 2MM, LT United Club, HH Diamond
Just boarded my flight, ORD-SAN. Will put me over 2M. A GS rep. met me at the gate, offered any help and gave me a thank you card from Oscar. Nice, low key touch.

Pleasant surprise on my 2MM flight. I'm sitting across the isle from the VP and Chief Technology officer for United. He graciously reached across the isle and shook my had with a sincere thank you for my loyalty to United and congratulations on the milestone. Gave me his card and said if I ever need anything to contact him. Very gracious indeed. Class act.
UA_Flyer, Pat89339, wxguy and 6 others like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 28, 2019 at 10:48 am Reason: merging update / consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by flyformiles
Pleasant surprise on my 2MM flight. I'm sitting across the isle from the VP and Chief Technology officer for United. He graciously reached across the isle and shook my had with a sincere thank you for my loyalty to United and congratulations on the milestone. Gave me his card and said if I ever need anything to contact him. Very gracious indeed. Class act.
Congrats! How did he know that this was a milestone flight for you?

David
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS 1M / EK Platinum / Bonvoy Titanium Elite / IHG Platinum Elite
I'm flying in a few weeks from SAN to SIN and will hit 1M on the outbound segment. I'm about 5k away. I called GS to let them know about this flight and their response was a bit disappointing. They more or less said thanks but we can't do anything and will note your file. Is there a different approach folks would recommend? I'd love to get the flight plan and chart.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by cubsko
I'm flying in a few weeks from SAN to SIN and will hit 1M on the outbound segment. I'm about 5k away. I called GS to let them know about this flight and their response was a bit disappointing. They more or less said thanks but we can't do anything and will note your file. Is there a different approach folks would recommend? I'd love to get the flight plan and chart.
Send a note to the Twitter team if you use Twitter via DM. I had a wonderful experience including cockpit photo, champagne toast, chart where I hit the mile stone signed by all of the flight crew etc. Even a gift bag up on boarding from the gate attendant and an announcement at the gate, which had items from all of United International hubs very nice experience
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: UA GS 1M / EK Platinum / Bonvoy Titanium Elite / IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

Send a note to the Twitter team if you use Twitter via DM. I had a wonderful experience including cockpit photo, champagne toast, chart where I hit the mile stone signed by all of the flight crew etc. Even a gift bag up on boarding from the gate attendant and an announcement at the gate, which had items from all of United International hubs very nice experience
Great tip. Thanks. I just sent a DM.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Lifetime PassPlus, 1K, 2MM, LT United Club, HH Diamond
I asked him the same question. He just smiled and introduced himself as the Chief Technology Officer!
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium
Made 2MM on flight from IAD to MUC. The Captain came by to personally thank me and presented me a nice note and card signed by the crew. All very thankful on major milestone.
Flying Machine and narvik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.