Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by npei

Agree BOS GS team is really good. They approached me on one of my SJC-BOS-SJC flights last September to hand me a gift and congratulate on my crossing 3MM.

This January on my SFO-SIN flight, captain announced 1 passenger crossing 1MM and another crossing 3MM. It caused a bit of ooh-aahs amongst some passengers.

Not to mention on my SFO-HKG just recently, someone passed the 4MM mark on that flight. Man there are a lot of big-time travelers out there.... makes 1MM feel somewhat insignificant... but then again, I'm just getting started.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Will be crossing 1MM on Thursday night (02/25/2019) on UA2410 LAX-MCO (red-eye flight)... been a long haul to this point flying mainly domestic (25% of this total was done on ERJ-145 / CRJ-200 / CRJ-700). A considerable amount of int'l lies ahead of me, and I'm looking forward to the millions more to come! I will have a happy wife, who lost her Gold status after January this year and has been sloughing it in E- this month.
Congratulations!
jjmoore likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Smile

Will be crossing 1MM on Thursday night (02/25/2019) on UA2410 LAX-MCO (red-eye flight)... been a long haul to this point flying mainly domestic (25% of this total was done on ERJ-145 / CRJ-200 / CRJ-700). A considerable amount of int'l lies ahead of me, and I'm looking forward to the millions more to come! I will have a happy wife, who lost her Gold status after January this year and has been sloughing it in E- this month.
Not to mention on my SFO-HKG just recently, someone passed the 4MM mark on that flight. Man there are a lot of big-time travelers out there.... makes 1MM feel somewhat insignificant... but then again, I'm just getting started.
congrats. Several MM friends all say their SO have become more enthusiastic supporters of their travel and away from home. With GS MM companion status, it is the ultimate fringe benefit of travel.
jjmoore likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by npei

congrats. Several MM friends all say their SO have become more enthusiastic supporters of their travel and away from home. With GS MM companion status, it is the ultimate fringe benefit of travel.
That's what I'm hoping too... now when she travels alone, her experience will be like mine, and I don't think she really knows what she's in for.

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by PremEx
Checking in at the 2 Million Mile mark, somewhere between KOA-SFO, in the Shakespeare Seat, CPU upgraded at the 48 hour Gold spot.
A belated congratulations, PremEx! I haven't seen you posting in some time.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:43 am

I had an interesting experience this week. I currently have 998,100 lifetime miles. This week I flew back and forth IAD to LAS on an award ticket.

I guess the flight and ground crews get some warning that your million mile threshold is coming up, because on the outbound, the FA serving drinks said something like "Sorry for waking you up mister million miler! Thanks for all your business and congratulations". On the return flight, I was sitting in my exit row aisle seat at the gate and before push-off, someone comes back and asks if I was Mr Biggreg. I said yes, and she said "Hi, my name is Cookie. I'm the customer service lead here and I wanted to congratulate you on reaching a million miles on United" I said thanks, and she continued "Do you mind if I take a picture with you?". I said "Uhhhh sure I guess", and she pulled out her phone, crouched down next to me in the aisle, and asked another passenger to take our picture! I sort of wonder where that picture of me about to fly a red-eye after a long day ends up, but it was interesting.

Since both these flights were award miles, my lifetime total hasn't changed... I guess we'll see if I get a third acknowledgement on my next paid flight when my lifetime miles actually tick over 1 million.

I didn't get any special perks or treatment, but it was kinda of nice to be acknowledged.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:11 am
boa

Programs: UA 1MM 1K and constantly changing status in a bunch of Hotel programs
I achieved MM this past week on my flight segment SFO-ORD. (Brief pause for Kermit flail.) The purser come back to me in E+ (failed GPU upgrade, sigh!), confirmed my identity, then congratulated me on hitting 1 million during the flight. Then one of the FAs for my cabin came to me with her congratulations and asked if there was something she could get me, like some of the "good wine" from up front. :-) So my perks were a glass of sparkling wine then a glass of white, and a bowl of nuts. I don't think it was announced over the PA but I had my headphones on much of the time.

Coincidentally, the guy in the window seat said he was about 20K from MM so he was interested to see what might happen when he hits hopefully in the next few weeks.

Interestingly, I also got congratulated by an FA on my next flight ORD-DEN, even though I was about 900 miles past 1 million at that point. An old and close friend was on this flight with me for a family related reason, using an award ticket from me as she went from 1K to no status when she changed jobs in her company and had not flown even for personal reasons in a long time. She was very happy for me though it just reminded her how far she had fallen, FF-wise. (I think she had made it only to about 700K lifetime when she stopped traveling.)
SS255, Flying Machine and jjmoore like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
My recollection

I hit 1MM on a regional jet flight and nada happened but that was four years ago. Crawling my way to 2MM and should hit it a year before retirement. Things are clearly more data-driven than they were a few years back.

Im hoping my upgrade clears on my birthday in a few weeks. That would be like hitting the lottery!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Well my FT friends, it just happened: Four Million Miles. This morning on UA449 BOS-ORD.

i arrived at the UC in BOS to a nice welcome from GS. A few minutes later my phone rang -- and it was Oscar! He thanked me for this achievement, with regrets that he could not greet me personally. Of course I replied, "Thanks, Oscar!" And you know what he replied ��

At the gate, I was met by BOS station management and a VP who happened to be in town. They had a "4M" balloon, a few gifts, and a card signed by the BOS staff.

On board, the Captain gave me a signed copy of the flight plan and made a PA exactly 200 miles into the flight as the milestone was reached.

On arrival, I was met by a GS agent and more celebrations!

If anyone is around, I'm flying 790 back to BOS at 6pm. Come say hi!

Thanks, United, it's been a great ride. On to 5MM!

Last edited by wxguy; Mar 28, 2019 at 8:20 am
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by wxguy
Well my FT friends, it just happened: Four Million Miles. This morning on UA449 BOS-ORD.

i arrived at the UC in BOS to a nice welcome from GS. A few minutes later my phone rang -- and it was Oscar! He thanked me for this achievement, with regrets that he could not greet me personally. Of course I replied, "Thanks, Oscar!" And you know what he replied ��

At the gate, I was met by BOS station management and a VP who happened to be in town. They had a "4M" balloon, a few gifts, and a card signed by the BOS staff.

On board, the Captain gave me a signed copy of the flight plan and made a PA exactly 200 miles into the flight as the milestone was reached.

On arrival, I was met by a GS agent and given a "one time exception" to visit the Polaris Lounge, accompanying my partner who is on his way to NRT then BKK.

If anyone is around, I'm flying 790 back to BOS at 6pm. Come say hi!

Thanks, United, it's been a great ride. On to 5MM!
Congrats!! Will hopefully join these ranks someday. I've only flown a million, and have some incredible travel exploration experiences to share... can't imagine the stories 4MM brings to the table.
wxguy and Kitto like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: UA GS
WXGUY. Welcome to the club. I'm half way to 5MM. A personal call from Oscar is a first as far as I know! WOW.
wxguy likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
WXGUY. Welcome to the club. I'm half way to 5MM. A personal call from Oscar is a first as far as I know! WOW.
Congratulations!!
Isn't it because WXGUY makes good weather forecast for United every time he travels, is it?
Cheers.
wxguy likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Congratulations!!
Isn't it because WXGUY makes good weather forecast for United every time he travels, is it?
Cheers.
Amazed at the level of fanfare for wxguy! Seems above and beyond, much more so than other 4MM as far as I can recall from this thread. Was this a surprise? Did you prompt any of this in advance or would you say you are especially well known in the UA community?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I can thank, in part, my GS angel at BOS. She's been keeping track along with me!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Congratulations wxguy!

Great to hear about the recognition from the beginning to the end of this special milestone trip!

You will be relieved as I and other 4MM can attest that it is a totally a different mindset when one does not have to worry about requalifying for GS.

You will be 5 MMer before you know it if you still maintain the same pace of work travels. I thought I wouldnt see 5 MM when I crossed the 4 MM mark 15 months ago, now I am looking to hit 5 MM in a couple of years despite flying more on O*ALs.

Again, congratulations!
wxguy likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.