Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by NeedstoFly
A bit tacky to be approaching UA staff asking for recognition n'est ce pas?
D'accrd!
iluv2fly and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was rapidly closing in on my Million then the merger happened and they suddenly counted miles that never got counted before and that put me over. So I wasn't even in the air when I went over. Nothing at all other than seeing the tiny little banner on my account page that said 1Million.
narvik and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Thank you for your continued business!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
There's just too many of us to be continually "recognized".
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
I think 🤔 the recognition issue is a conundrum. Some folks enjoy publicly celebrating these kinds of milestones, others are uncomfortable, me for instance. To me time on airplanes is down-time where I can think and recharge, I’ve never liked unstructured social events, I’m an introvert. I honestly don’t even enjoy when FA’s stop by to simply thank me for my business. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the privileges of being lifetime GS but I prefer to simply go about my life. The point I’m trying to make is United should consider what percentage of people would actually appreciate being publicly recognized for crossing the various MM thresholds. Maybe when they send out their emails they could ask if the individuals want to be recognized.
I hear you. When I passed the 1MM mark, I remembered the first time I checked in for a CO flight many years prior. Little did I know that CO/UA would be such a regular part of my life. I think I derived more satisfaction from reflecting on my years of travel with CO/UA than anything else.

I'm not sure if I will get to 2MM with UA but I am well on my way to 1MM with Delta. I used to live a stones throw from EWR but now I live closer to LGA/JFK.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Squeaky wheel.

I do agree with the sentiment you should not need to ask. With that said, general motto is if you don't ask you will not get and you just proved the adage.
It's not really sincere if you need to ask for it, and I really don't care about such things anyway.
However, when I crossed 2 million on a PHL-ORD flight, they unexpectedly called me to board first because of my "accomplishment".
Everybody was looking at me as I boarded and that made me uncomfortable. No other recognition was given, which is fine by me.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by zombietooth
It's not really sincere if you need to ask for it, and I really don't care about such things anyway.
However, when I crossed 2 million on a PHL-ORD flight, they unexpectedly called me to board first because of my "accomplishment".
Everybody was looking at me as I boarded and that made me uncomfortable. No other recognition was given, which is fine by me.
Not MM related ,I called out as our "GS passenger Mr Wandering kev" for pre board last week in LAS -felt a little uncomfortable my self
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
I am at 1.8MM. Will pass 2MM in 2019
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by 1stClassScotty
I am at 1.8MM. Will pass 2MM in 2019
i sure wish people would save their posts until they PASS the threshold.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Like @Baze I was close to mm and then the merger. I was however congratulated by $misek on a TCON out of JFK.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
I think 🤔 the recognition issue is a conundrum. Some folks enjoy publicly celebrating these kinds of milestones, others are uncomfortable, me for instance. To me time on airplanes is down-time where I can think and recharge, I’ve never liked unstructured social events, I’m an introvert. I honestly don’t even enjoy when FA’s stop by to simply thank me for my business. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the privileges of being lifetime GS but I prefer to simply go about my life. The point I’m trying to make is United should consider what percentage of people would actually appreciate being publicly recognized for crossing the various MM thresholds. Maybe when they send out their emails they could ask if the individuals want to be recognized.
I agree, not everyone wants public recognition although I don't agree an email should be sent asking if I want to be recognized. My flights to hit 2MM and 3MM were both out of HNL (I dont even remember 1MM, it was so long ago). I felt they did it right - they clearly knew I frequent the UC, and a bunch of swag was waiting for me at both milestones when I checked into the club (coffee table books, shirts, etc). They were very polite and congratulatory - it had the right feel and no public announcements over a PA or anything. At both milestones I was also recognized on the plane by crew and pilots. I specifically remember for 2MM, they also had stuff for me on the return at LAS UC (with a very nice, Hi! We've been waiting for you!) and at SFO UC. I don't remember if they did that for 3MM on the return flight.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA MM
Advance welcome to million miler club - I feel special

I am not too far from 1 MM but am not exactly a couple of thousand miles short either. Totally surprised by this note.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Oscar's charm offensive continues.

They must have turned on this software module recently. I crossed the MM threshold last year, and didn't even get anything on (or around) the day it happened. My upgrade even failed to clear on that flight!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
How far away are you from 1MM? I’m currently about 50k and should hit it Q1.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM; AS; GP D; HH D
Should finish this year at 1.88 MM, and a 1K again. Maybe 2MM by the end of next year, and 1K for the last time?

I did get this handed to me as I boarded!

Last edited by Biggles209; Dec 1, 2018 at 1:08 pm Reason: Added 30 year card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.