Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
I crossed 3MM yesterday on AKL-SFO and it was my birthday. No acknowledgement of either by anyone.
Happy Birthday!

Does anyone have a guess as to how many MM, 2MM, 3MM fliers there are? Are there even 1000 3MMers?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Thanks for the congratulations. I did write in to Global Services this morning and was informed that the new devices being used by the inflight crew do not acknowledge these milestones anymore. So United IT strikes again and takes away useful functionality.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
My cross over to the 1MM threshold was met with.....nothing. No acknowledgement from anyone on any flight that day. I can't say I'm surprised.

And to read the post above mine about this functionality being taken away. I just don't get it. Why? The data is obviously there. Yet another customer unfriendly move. Just like removing almost all upgrade data now.

-RM
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I had my recognition for 2MM less than 2 weeks ago, including by the captain at the gate and many of the FAs saying something, so sounds like another whopper.
LIH likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I'm going to cross the MM threshold tomorrow on a domestic (CPU'd) flight to IAD. I may wind up SDC'ing though through ORD which likely means in coach.

I'm wondering what the closest to 1MM without going over has been. After my outbound flights posted I'm at 999,9nn.

-RM

after my last flight I am at 998,004.

I am flying EWR-FLL in two weeks which will put me at 999,069. That's pretty close, huh?

early December I go from FLL-EWR-CDG. I hope the "acknowledgment" (if any) is on the TATL...would be a little more dramatic....but as it seems, I shouldn't be too dependent on anything happening..lol
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
I received two form emails from Oscar in the weeks leading up to my 2MM flight reminding me of my "extraordinary achievement". One FA congratulated me onboard but he thought it was 4MM (sometimes it feels like it). Perhaps after correcting him I wasn't so special after all. No further recognition. Perhaps LHR > LAX has too many real celebrities for them to bother with us frequent fliers. I didn't really want a fuss but it would have been nice if one of the flight crew had stopped by. I do miss the hand written thank you notes.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:22 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
I was on a flight on Saturday from BOS to SFO and the pilot made an announcement about a passenger who reached 1MM. First time I’ve seen that done.
wxguy and Flying Machine like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Global Services
3MM next week, EWR-IAH-SYD. Woo woo!!
UA_Flyer, wxguy, brp1264 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
I was on a flight on Saturday from BOS to SFO and the pilot made an announcement about a passenger who reached 1MM. First time I’ve seen that done.
I enjoy the private celebration with the crew than the public announcement.

After crossing 4 MM last December, I thought I was done and would not see 5 MM. Now almost a year later, I am on track to make 5 MM....
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: 2MM United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Plat
I crossed 2 MM about two weeks ago. I started the day by taking pictures with everyone who was part of the experience, including the baggage handlers. I checked a bag so they would be part of the day. I made a video of the experience as well. By asking the gate attendants to be part, and sharing what was taking place I think I made it easy for someone to mark the occasion. The pilot came running down the jetway to congratulate me. He also gave me an extended explanantion about the workings in the cockpit. I have been in the cockpit plenty of times but he went beyond the cursory explanation. He allowed me to stay for the entire pre-flight and in fact the Fa had to come tell me to take my seat because we were supposed to leave in 3 minutes. It was great, the start. Chicago segment was underwhelming.
Still no email, card in the mail or anything else that celebrate the milestone. The ironic part was the flight was taking me to work with one of consulting clients, a corporate travel management company. I had purposely scheduled my trip so I would be working with them when I hit the mark. I know they would appreciate it and I shared my story with them. I am a professional speaker so it is going to make it's way into my program.
Not sure how they cannot recognize when someone hits a milestone. This is just crazy and lazy.
Dawoz, UA_Flyer, SF_DUKE and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
I crossed 3MM yesterday on AKL-SFO and it was my birthday. No acknowledgement of either by anyone.
Happy belated birthday and congratulations!!!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

I enjoy the private celebration with the crew than the public announcement.

After crossing 4 MM last December, I thought I was done and would not see 5 MM. Now almost a year later, I am on track to make 5 MM....
I am near 4 mil myself. What do you get at 5 Mil?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Probably another clear lucite block with your name n it.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Got my lucite block & some more drink chits
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Probably another clear lucite block with your name n it.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Got my lucite block & some more drink chits
They can keep the block and chits....just keep the RPU earning the way it is, and I will be a happy man!
wxguy and Dublin_rfk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.