Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 Million BIS

Checking in at the 2 Million Mile mark, somewhere between KOA-SFO, in the Shakespeare Seat, CPU upgraded at the 48 hour Gold spot.
Pat89339 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: UA-GS 4M, Hilton Diamond , Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You did 2MM in 6 years?

I doff my cap to you sir/madam.
Now, that you mention it, that seems like a lot of flying, but yes, I was at 2MM at the beginning of 2012. Ouch!
I guess that reinforces Mrs Totorn's argument that I am never at home. :-(
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by totorn
if all goes according to plan, I will be passing 4MM on UA838 somewhere between NRT and SFO ON 20 Sep !!
Finally!
It took a while, but it has been smooth sailing most of the time. I appreciate the many times UA went out of their way to help during IRROPS, and am still annoyed I missed the lifetime club membership by 3000 miles when UA retired that perk at 2MM. Still, all in all, it’s been a great experience until now.

Now, if that GPU would just clear so I don t have to be in coach when I pass the milestone, that would be fantastic! ;-)
I am sorry to hear that you missed the lifetime United Club by 3,000 miles.

Not sure how active you were on Flyertalk back then, I was short by over 100K at the time, and wrote to PMUA and pleaded my case and received the lifetime Red Carpet Club status. A few others on FT also did the same. We posted our experience in the pre merger United Forum at the time and encouraged who were close to the 2 MM to write in and I believe a few did and received the lifetime RCC status.

When the merger took place, the “new” United Club system initially failed to recognize us, but eventually all were granted lifetime status at UC.
schley and Imstevek like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: UA-GS 4M, Hilton Diamond , Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

Not sure how active you were on Flyertalk back then, I was short by over 100K at the time, and wrote to PMUA and pleaded my case and received the lifetime Red Carpet Club status. A few others on FT also did the same. We posted our experience in the pre merger United Forum at the time and encouraged who were close to the 2 MM to write in and I believe a few did and received the lifetime RCC status.

When the merger took place, the “new” United Club system initially failed to recognize us, but eventually all were granted lifetime status at UC.
Thanks for the note.. I must have missed that part of the thread at the time, but was not all that active either. I guess I was so annoyed by some of the program changes that I may not have paid attention to it.
In any case, I will give it another shot next week and see if UA will make good on it, now that I have blown past the 2MM mark by another 2MM. Long shot, but may be worth trying?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Just passed 3MM today on the GUM-HNL flight in seat 2L. Only recognition I got was one of the flight attendants congratulated me on hitting 3MM on this flight prior to taking off. Other than that, flight was uneventful.
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by bajong
Just passed 3MM today on the GUM-HNL flight in seat 2L. Only recognition I got was one of the flight attendants congratulated me on hitting 3MM on this flight prior to taking off. Other than that, flight was uneventful.
You should have gotten more. That is a lot of time ITA
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Just crossed 1mm 2 weeks ago finally.
Internationally based, thus enjoy the PQD exemption for my 1k requalification.

However being single want to put down my parent as inheriting my status, thus will have to switch address to their's then nominate them.

Anyone have any advice on this or ways to avoid PQD's other ways? With CC spend or other?

Thanks
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by schley

However being single want to put down my parent as inheriting my status, thus will have to switch address to their's then nominate them.

Anyone have any advice on this or ways to avoid PQD's other ways? With CC spend or other?

Thanks
I don't think you have to have the same address to gift status.
schley likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by wilp888
Not for spouse or significant other, but for all the rest, YES. At least that's how I read this:

1. A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly.../lifetime.html
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Thanks
Overseas and have my dad as my nominee (US address) and there's been no problem.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wilp888
Originally Posted by narvik
Not for spouse or significant other, but for all the rest, YES. At least that's how I read this:

1. A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly.../lifetime.html
Widely report (such as in Million Miler companion benefit) UA has not enforced this requirement for years (at least 3-4 years)
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC

Thanks
Change your dad's United address to yours? Would that work?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
Change your dad's United address to yours? Would that work?
unneeded, addresses do not need to match.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Crossed the MM mark on Monday this week, traveling EWR - LAX. Enjoyed being up front for the P.S. with plenty of room to stretch out. The GS agent at the gate let me board nice and early. As I was walking down the jetway, the GS agent presented me with a thank you card that acknowledged the achievement. That was a nice touch.
kirkwoodj and tstauck like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Silver, Marriott Platinum
First million

Just passed the million miles on UA835 from ORD-PVG on 10/18.
Overall a very good experience with recognition etc.
On to the next million.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.