Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by twkidM3
United's PR sucks..

I just landed in SFO. Was travelling with my mom. She just hit 4mm on this flight. Was not recognize during check-in at Taipei. Was not recognize at the gate. FA came up and asked her for her meal choice.. Then she said, "oh your doing 4mm this trip, not sure if I should congratulate you or give you condolences." ...? No captain, no bells and whistles like Zach @ TPG.
She will get GS status and hopefully you would be MM companion.
Congratulations.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Hit the grand 3mm yesterday on my EWR-PBI segment. United had a band in front of Gate 101, playing hail to the chief. Was presented with a trophy stating Congrats to PaulMCO for flying 3MM and never dragged from the plane, never had his guitar ruined by our baggage handlers, never had his pet killed and continued to fly through the years of Jeff SMI. Then I woke up and boarded my plane with no acknowledgement and a surly FA who refused to give a full can of Ginger ale. Welcome to the friendly skies..

Yes I know I am an over entitled elite but I guess the days of flying in style are gone, and flying United is like riding a bus. Maybe United should change their logo to a Greyhound.
You did not get the half-a-congratulation-card when you boarded? If so, someone messed up.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by twkidM3
United's PR sucks..

I just landed in SFO. Was travelling with my mom. She just hit 4mm on this flight. Was not recognize during check-in at Taipei. Was not recognize at the gate. FA came up and asked her for her meal choice.. Then she said, "oh your doing 4mm this trip, not sure if I should congratulate you or give you condolences." ...? No captain, no bells and whistles like Zach @ TPG.
What a fantastic achievement for your Mom.. Hope your the companion benefit! With that said, unless you contact UA in advance, there seems to be a theme of very limited acknowledgment. So for the people whom are zeroing in on a milestone I would contact UA (I did so via their Twitter team) and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thanks and safe travels
Old May 22, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
While being ignored at 1MM I can understand. But being ignored at 3MM and 4MM -- unbelievable. This can't happen more than, say once a day. That UA doesn't dedicate a staff member to track people getting close to these levels and arrange for a modest celebration is beyond me. We are talking about PAX who have given UA at least $300,000 to $500,000 in revenue over the years -- and possibly into the millions. Further, they are PAX who no longer need to fly UA to maintain their status. A $100 celebration would probably return 100 times that in extra future revenue. But this would require long-term thinking.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

What a fantastic achievement for your Mom.. Hope your the companion benefit! With that said, unless you contact UA in advance, there seems to be a theme of very limited acknowledgment. So for the people whom are zeroing in on a milestone I would contact UA (I did so via their Twitter team) and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thanks and safe travels
In fact I did tweet them 3 times. Also DM them.

This is how they responded to my DM on twitter
Thanks, E------! We're excited to be flying with your family when your mom hits hits the 4 million mile mark. We'd love to see what we can do. While we can't make any guarantees, fingers crossed that we can add something a little special to your trip. I'm going to pass your details along, and we'll see you on the 22nd! ^CM
Old May 22, 2018, 4:17 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uanj
You did not get the half-a-congratulation-card when you boarded? If so, someone messed up.
No card. Got the card at 2mm several years ago. But no 3mm.. Especially at a hub like EWR. Even stopped in the UC for a drink.

Probably will have to beg for the 3mm gift.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
No card. Got the card at 2mm several years ago. But no 3mm.. Especially at a hub like EWR. Even stopped in the UC for a drink.

Probably will have to beg for the 3mm gift.
lol, nothing for 4mm either.... #UnitedSucks
Old May 22, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
A friend just hit 1MM flying US West Coast - Japan. He didn't reach out in advance to UA. No recognition during the flight.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:22 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
I'm not sure there is any active tracking of which passengers are achieving lifetime milestones on a given flight. I've never been recognized, and honestly I don't want to be. I went past 4.5M last Saturday, it's one of those things that I don't think about but the number just keeps creeping up. I will admit lifetime GS has been wonderful, I'm truly treated like a customer and my wife enjoys the benefits as well.

I have to say I'm mostly loyal to *A as every time I step outside the network I'm reminded of difference status makes when traveling on a tight schedule.
UA_Flyer and Flying Machine like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:23 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
What’s the best “self service” way of know when I hit 5,250 Miles and make MM? Assuming I have Wi-Fi is there a better App than the United “where is my plane now” I can screenshot. Guess I will need to step up my usual chocolates for the FA’s in honor of the occasion. Flight plan would be awesome as others have mentioned, but assume there is no way to get that and keep it on the DL, the pilots on this route have been awesome in the past, I went in November to ask them preflight about bringing my 3 year old up to the flight deck on a future trip and the captain let me take his chair and showed me the HUD. The 787 is night and day with the 767 up there.
Old May 25, 2018, 11:40 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
I ended up being asleep when I crossed it, but 1 FA did come by to congratulate me and then 20 minutes before landing the First Officer also congratulated me (1m) and and another passenger who had made 2m after his landing announcement (no names).
Old May 25, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: United MM, SPG, Marriott
Today is the day

will be completing 1mm. LAX to EWR.
Lets see if UA has any clue.

Andy.
Russell745 likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: United MM, SPG, Marriott
Well. Just boarded , but without any fanfare. Good thing my upgrade came thru, so at least it will be a comfortable flight. I will be sure to load myself up with scotch, so I will be just alright. 👍

Cheers!
Andy.
UA_Flyer, LASUA1K and tstauck like this.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by suryasoft
Well. Just boarded , but without any fanfare. Good thing my upgrade came thru, so at least it will be a comfortable flight. I will be sure to load myself up with scotch, so I will be just alright. 👍

Cheers!
Andy.
congratulations! Welcome to the club and enjoy your flight
8MiHi likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by suryasoft

Cheers!
Andy.
Congrats!
- Tom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.