Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Finally crossed the 4 Million BIS on Dec 16 on UA 888 aboard N209UA 772ER.
The last million was made in less than four years. (first million took 13 years).
Greetings by the on board crew and SFO GS agent came on board and presented me a congratulation note, and a pre-flight map from the captain.
Also did a tour of the cockpit (wow! it was small) and chatted with the captain and first officer and back-up crew as well. Took photos sitting in the captain seat and with the cockpit crew.
FA in Global First was excited for me and services were outstanding during the flight!
At the conclusion of the flight, I was given the map showing the actual flight path and point marked on the map showing the exact point I crossed the 4 million BIS.

What a wonderful experience all around! Thanks United!

Congratulations on your achievement! Well done.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations on 4 million

Congratulations on 4 million . Wow that is fantastic what an experience I'm so happy you enjoyed this milestone
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Congrats UA_Flyer !!!

Great achievement, and nice to hear United was helping you celebrate.

Curious if you think having Lifetime GS is going to change your travel pattern in 2018. Going to branch out to other carriers a bit more?

Cheers!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Congratulations on your achievement! Well done.
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Congratulations on 4 million . Wow that is fantastic what an experience I'm so happy you enjoyed this milestone
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Congrats UA_Flyer !!!

Great achievement, and nice to hear United was helping you celebrate.

Curious if you think having Lifetime GS is going to change your travel pattern in 2018. Going to branch out to other carriers a bit more?

Cheers!
Thanks all for the congratulation notes.

I am still not sure how it would impact my travel going forward. Airlines Status is no good if I don't use it, and also I still like to accumulate RDMs for personal use.
I guess I will still fly United and *A so my business travel is easier to bear, but I will be more flexible to choose non-*A airlines when I travel in business class and those airlines offer better schedule and point-to-point flights that *A is not able to offer.
I don't think I have the energy to achieve another lifetime status on AA or DL.
uanj and goodeats21 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:20 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Belated congrats on the 4 million. Glad that it was celebrated by UA with class!

Just 333 more posts until FT Evangelist status
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
The big day finally came, I crossed 1MM on Thursday, January 11, 2018 on UA1161 from IAH to DCA. I only started flying UA in 2005 so it basically took 13 years to reach this milestone. Two of my good friends reached out to UA in advance of the special day to make sure it was memorable. The day started early in the morning at SAT. Upon checking-in at the club, the very cheery receptionist said she was waiting for me and handed me this great card from the SAT station and million dollar chocolate bar!

And then an incredibly friendy customer service manager came over, profusely thanked me for my loyalty and presented me with a 787 model!

The flight attendants on SAT-IAH were great and congratulated me on the milestone even though it didn't occur on that flight. Upon landing at IAH my friend handed me a gift and said - here put this on for the next flight. How about this shirt?! And no, we didn't try to scan it on the boarding pass reader :-)

Upon boarding I headed right for the cockpit. Captain Kane and the FO could not have been more gracious about letting me take pics and acknowledging the milestone.

The Captain made an announcement before takeoff about my 1MM and even made another one as we passed 488 miles enroute, the exact point where I passed 1MM miles.

Overall, a fantastic day and thanks to my good friends it was quite the celebration. 2MM here I come!!! And thank you to everyone in this forum for all the pointers and advice that you've passed on over the years!
LASUA1K, alanro, 8MiHi and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
The big day finally came, I crossed 1MM on Thursday, January 11, 2018 on UA1161 from IAH to DCA.
Overall, a fantastic day and thanks to my good friends it was quite the celebration. 2MM here I come!!! And thank you to everyone in this forum for all the pointers and advice that you've passed on over the years!
Congrats on the awesome treatment.

I will be hitting the million next Tuesday. I hope I enjoy the same treatment.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
That’s so awesome and great to hear! Nice photos as well.

Im 25k from my million, hopefully within the next few months.

- Tom
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I crossed the 1 million threshold between DCA and ORD last Thursday. No recognition, and no upgrade (even with an RPU applied) on the next leg ORD-SFO. I toasted my achievement with a "Lucky U" IPA in 21D on that flight.

I now do see the Million Miler logo when I log in to United.com, but that's it. Will I get some contact to register my significant other for status benefits, or do I need to initiate this benefit another way?
RobotDoctor, kirkwoodj and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by transportprof
I crossed the 1 million threshold between DCA and ORD last Thursday. No recognition, and no upgrade (even with an RPU applied) on the next leg ORD-SFO. I toasted my achievement with a "Lucky U" IPA in 21D on that flight.

I now do see the Million Miler logo when I log in to United.com, but that's it. Will I get some contact to register my significant other for status benefits, or do I need to initiate this benefit another way?
Congratulations! Here is the website for the status match:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...nrollment.aspx
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations! Here is the website for the status match:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...nrollment.aspx
By using this link your million miler companion will be updated almost instantaneously. At least that was my experience. Congratulations on your milestone and safe travels
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 2 Million Miler, UA 1K, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Just passed 2 million miles couple of weeks ago going from GUM to MNL and did not receive any recognition. I guess that I can't expect too much, but seeing other experiences, would have expected a little recognition of some sort. Only change that I saw was the change in the logo on my online card.
flybit likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mdjtlj
Just passed 2 million miles couple of weeks ago going from GUM to MNL and did not receive any recognition. I guess that I can't expect too much, but seeing other experiences, would have expected a little recognition of some sort. Only change that I saw was the change in the logo on my online card.
Non-recognition on the flight is normal for 1 & 2 MM (unless you or some else queries in advance -- or you point it out on boarding).
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by transportprof

Congratulations!!!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: United 1K, 1.9MM
I reached 1MM a few years ago. Today I am at 1.5MM. Never got got any recognition other than the 1MM logo on my card. Seems that as in all things, United is inconsistent in how it treats its' elites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.