Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
I'm on 839 tonight LAX-SYD on my million miler crossing flt and co incidentally it will be on my 1st ever CO flt as well (787).
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:19 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by wxguy
But after the UA2 is 5+ hours in a 737 back to BOS. That for me is the worst part of the trip! Returning from Asia I try to route through ORD or IAD to keep the lie-flat seat as long as possible before the last leg to BOS.
You are correct, the 737-900 was a sardine can. The 2 coach bathrooms are at the very back of the cabin and tiny. I pity the FA's as they have zero room the work, truly awful. I did have 7C, bulkhead, which helps a lot. I'm actually missing the old 757's, they were tired but much more roomy.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Hyatt Discoverist(?), Marriott/SPG Gold
Crossed the 1MM line flying UA97 (IAH-LHR) as part of my SFO-IAH-LHR itinerary yesterday/today. While in a car on my way to SFO, received a call from a GS rep telling that she was waiting for me, which was a surprise, as I'm Gold and have never been GS. Got to the airport and they had a gift waiting, which I will pick up when I get back to SFO. They also took pictures in the GS check-in area and in my seat.

Was a nice surprise by the SFO team. I certainly appreciate it.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by bigboy
Crossed the 1MM line flying UA97 (IAH-LHR) as part of my SFO-IAH-LHR itinerary yesterday/today. While in a car on my way to SFO, received a call from a GS rep telling that she was waiting for me, which was a surprise, as I'm Gold and have never been GS. Got to the airport and they had a gift waiting, which I will pick up when I get back to SFO. They also took pictures in the GS check-in area and in my seat.

Congrats on the MM! Sounds like an awesome reception and nice surprise! Would be fantastic if they are making this a standard thing for all MM threshold achievers!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum

Congratulations on your milestone and kudos to United for acknowledging it in a special way. ^
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4MM; AA Life Gold 1 MM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist; Marriott Lifetime Titanium.
UA 3MM

It's taken me almost 33 years of what seems to feel like perpetual jet lag to reach 3 MM on UA. So happy to be 1-K for life. The question is, who's life???
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by FLYING CARPET
It's taken me almost 33 years of what seems to feel like perpetual jet lag to reach 3 MM on UA. So happy to be 1-K for life. The question is, who's life???
Congrats!!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP

What was the gift?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3.3MM
Originally Posted by FLYING CARPET
Congratulations!!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4MM; AA Life Gold 1 MM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist; Marriott Lifetime Titanium.
Thank you! It takes one to know one.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:24 pm

^
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
Congrats!!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
Made the 1MM threshold on Wednesday on a mundane SEA-ORD flight.

I wanted to SDC for an earlier flight and went to the gate hoping the agent
would look kindly on the fact that I'd be Gold during the flight and not try to
charge me. Well, the otherwise kind agent did the change for free, but put
me in 30E despite the fact that I have an Economy Plus subscription for 2016.

When I pointed this out, he gladly moved me to the exit row but said that he
couldn't see anything about an Economy Plus subscription in my profile, nor that
I'd be crossing 1MM on the flight.

It is quite interesting to see the diversity of experiences upon reaching the
various thresholds. Anyways, my days of mileage running for PQM or 1MM BIS
miles are over!
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Hyatt Discoverist(?), Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
What was the gift?
Just picked it up after returning to SFO. Was a bag full of random goodies, including a bottle of bubbly, Toberlone, tea, chopsticks(!), candy etc.

Picture of the bag on my Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/hhwong/status/744273219243278336
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by shoeflyer
Made the 1MM threshold on Wednesday on a mundane SEA-ORD flight.

I wanted to SDC for an earlier flight and went to the gate hoping the agent
would look kindly on the fact that I'd be Gold during the flight and not try to
charge me. Well, the otherwise kind agent did the change for free, but put
me in 30E despite the fact that I have an Economy Plus subscription for 2016.

When I pointed this out, he gladly moved me to the exit row but said that he
couldn't see anything about an Economy Plus subscription in my profile, nor that
I'd be crossing 1MM on the flight.

It is quite interesting to see the diversity of experiences upon reaching the
various thresholds. Anyways, my days of mileage running for PQM or 1MM BIS
miles are over!
Congrats!

It is quite interesting to see some people get gifts and pilot recognition while others get barely a nod. I'm quite close to 1MM and am expecting nothing (other than the lovely Star Alliance Gold benefit for life!). But will report back to see if UA recognizes me in any way.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: UA MP Plat MM, *G;Global Entry; Hertz, Budget; Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Congrats!

It is quite interesting to see some people get gifts and pilot recognition while others get barely a nod. I'm quite close to 1MM and am expecting nothing (other than the lovely Star Alliance Gold benefit for life!). But will report back to see if UA recognizes me in any way.
I belong in the latter category. No recognition at all other than the mailer with the new cards. I also thought 1MMs would give a personalized luggage tag. What I got was a '1MM cert' (printed, inserted in a plexiglas display stand.. a bit tacky)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.