Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1K UA 3MM
I when I passed my 3 Million mark there was nothing from United not even an email, based on there recent reduction of the MM benefits it seems that they really don't want us as much as full fare flyers

I think that I make 11

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 30, 2013 at 5:27 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:54 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
The 2MM email and offers:

Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Surprised at Companion status match

I was well aware of the ability to assign a companion your guaranteed lifetime Premier status after crossing 1MM BIS, but I was not aware that they would also receive your actual status earned in a particular year.

My wife received her kit which I expected to be a Premier kit, but since I am 1K, so too she received a 1K kit, complete with drink chits and luggage tags.

That's cool, although since it is my wife and we usually travel together, I am not sure how much the status will make a difference.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:30 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by BlackMountain
Passed 1MM on the lifetime calculator today, somewhere over NW Indiana, in a fifty seat ERJ-145.
Whoo Hoo! Congrats!

Did they give you an extra packet of Rondele cheese spread?

I'd probably do the same in January between IAH and MSP on an RJ.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
maybe some one will notice!

Funny thing, as I am reading this thread, I get an email.......starting with THE 1 MilliON MILE IS IN SIGHT ! I have about 20,000 miles to go and think I will be inflight. Will see what happens, don't think I will mention it unless I am in conversation with FA which sometimes happens.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steppie
Funny thing, as I am reading this thread, I get an email.......starting with THE 1 MilliON MILE IS IN SIGHT ! I have about 20,000 miles to go and think I will be inflight. Will see what happens, don't think I will mention it unless I am in conversation with FA which sometimes happens.
I just got that, too:

Dear HNLescapee,

We are excited that you are approaching a remarkable milestone: flying one million miles with United and MileagePlus. Once you are a 1 Million Miler, you will enjoy benefits that reflect your accomplishment, including status that will not fall below Premier Gold.*

We look forward to welcoming you as a 1 Million Miler in the near future.

Sincerely, Thomas F O'Toole President, MileagePlus SVP, Marketing and Loyalty

I'm 11K miles out, but I've got MRs scheduled this Saturday and next Saturday that get me there. I'd assume UA had noticed that, but maybe they just send it to anyone within 20K or 25K miles.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: United MM Alaska MP Cessna/Piper Captain
I hit 1,000,000 miles lifetime on Thursday returning from Rome. My wife is looking forward to being Premier Gold for life. I'll hit 100,000 miles for the year on Tuesday, making 1K again for next year. She'll like that, too.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Pat89339
The 2MM email and offers [image removed]
It seem UA has upgraded the gift options for 2 MM level.^ I am hoping to see similar upgrades when I reach 3 MM in Q1 of 2014.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 11, 2014 at 4:28 am
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by HNLescapee
I just got that, too:

Dear HNLescapee,

We are excited that you are approaching a remarkable milestone: flying one million miles with United and MileagePlus. Once you are a 1 Million Miler, you will enjoy benefits that reflect your accomplishment, including status that will not fall below Premier Gold.*

I'm 11K miles out, but I've got MRs scheduled this Saturday and next Saturday that get me there. I'd assume UA had noticed that, but maybe they just send it to anyone within 20K or 25K miles.
I got nothing from them at all prior to hitting 1MM.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ghery
I hit 1,000,000 miles lifetime on Thursday returning from Rome. My wife is looking forward to being Premier Gold for life. I'll hit 100,000 miles for the year on Tuesday, making 1K again for next year. She'll like that, too.
Congratulations Ghery! (and to Mrs. Ghery too).
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, MM flyer, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
1-Million milestone on a Dreamliner

Boeing 787 Dreamliner, 1-Million at 2:05 a.m. Shanghai time on 11/12/13, flying from Shanghai to LAX.

Asked a flight attendant to pass a note to the flight deck asking for approximate coordinates on when we would be 2,892 into the flight, and came back with a "United North Pacific Plotting Chart" with date/names from flight deck, and signatures from almost all United personnel on board.

The route was highlighted, and circled where "it" happened, along with a note ... "Congratulations from your United 199 Crew! 1 Million Miles".

Flight deck also let the flight attendant know when we crossed, and she came and woke me. Wish I was coherent enough to take a pic of the travel map (seat back screen), but glad I at least noted the time.

About 95% of my miles are domestic, so it took many years, but finally made it.

Felt good to feel appreciated, even if for just a moment.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HNLescapee
I just got that, too:

Dear HNLescapee,

Got the same e-mail the other day as well, at about 20-22k miles out. Now down to 17,263 to go, with another 4,720 booked through the end of this year. Will have to get my last 12.5k in 2014. So close I can smell it!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
I passed it yesterday 630 miles east of SFO, coming back from an 8-hour stay in Honolulu. My wife is very excited about Gold-for-life, having racked up just under 100,000 lifetime miles on UA.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Gold
Reached 1MM last week - after two years of no status (and maybe no posts on Flyertalk) I'm now Premier Gold for life. Its a good feeling. I used to fly almost every week and did end of year mileage and segment runs - premier exec for many years and ocassionaly 1K almost entirely from domestic flights. I went from 1K to Premier Exec to Premier to two years of no status and it took two years to fly the last 20K miles. I just don't travel much for work anymore and new corporate travel rules have me flying whatever is cheapest - which unfortunately has even included Spirit airlines.

Reached 1MM DFW to ORD in a tiny plane. I paid United some money and used some miles to upgrade myself to 2A - I guess my favorite seat on that plane. Without the upgrade I had been assigned the window seat in the last row!!

The flight was actually lovely - beautiful clear skies the entire flight, friendly flight attendent, took off and landed on time, B landing gate right next to the exits out of ORD. Oh - was also my first flight where we were allowed to keep on our electronics so I was able to listen to music on both take off and the landing.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1PP MM
Have yet to hear a word from United. Is this unusual?

Originally Posted by mnmme
Oct. 15th Was 994 miles short leaving IAH for BOS. Per this thread thought I'd ask the Captain where mile 994 was.

Asked the FA to give my mileage statement/bording pass to the Captain/1st Officer and told her why.

"We can't do that". Explained again "That's not allowed"

Second FA took it with out saying a word to me. She came back to my seat 20 minutes later. The page said 1:50 minutes into flight, out side of Somewhere, VA.

No thank you. No congrats. No signature by whoever wrote it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.