Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:09 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I made my first MM last month 28 Sept flying back from and ANC run somewhere between SEA and IAH. I was able to sign up my wife and she shows 1K now. How long does it take to get the MM welcome packet?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
I'll hit 999,998 this Saturday on DCA-IAH and will go over a million finally 2 miles into IAH-SJC....exciting!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:33 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I crossed the 2MM mark yesterday at 2:22:53PM HST.

The Captain gave me the operational Flightplan with the location and time noted. He also called the purser to let me know as it was happening. I opened the window shade a took a picture. The purser made a very nice announcement and all 8 FAs stopped by my seat to chat a bit and thank me. It was a very nice flight.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:47 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Crossed 1MM 482 miles into JFK-LAX (over Columbus Ohio) tonight. Received a copy of the flight plan signed by entire crew, a bottle of wine and the purser made a very nice announcement upon landing. The FA's were very friendly all flight long :-), and it was long clocking in at 6:05. Strong headwinds and an inefficient route.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Oct 29, 2013 at 1:59 am
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Pat89339

The Captain gave me the operational Flightplan with the location and time noted. He also called the purser to let me know as it was happening. I opened the window shade a took a picture. The purser made a very nice announcement and all 8 FAs stopped by my seat to chat a bit and thank me. It was a very nice flight.
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Crossed 1MM 482 miles into JFK-LAX (over Columbus Ohio) tonight. Received a copy of the flight plan signed by entire crew, a bottle of wine and the purser made a very nice announcement upon landing. The FA's were very friendly all flight long :-), and it was long clocking in at 6:05. Strong headwinds and an inefficient route.
Congrats guys. Very very cool.

^^
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Originally Posted by Kacee
Congrats guys. Very very cool.

^^
Agreed on both accounts: Congrats. ^^
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Congrats, Pat!

Did you have to say something to some UA person to get the recognition, or did "the system" automatically tell them before the happy event occurred?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion

Congrats! I crossed 1MM on Saturday from IAH-SJC. Pretty poor performance by the crew. I asked a FA if should could ask the captain if possible to let me know when we were x miles into flight, and she said "let's go up front and you can tell him yourself" - so far so good.

Got to the flight deck, told the pilot my question and why I wanted to know, and his response: "why would you care? anyways, if we're not too busy I'll try."

Flight attendant came back about 45 min into flight and said "the captain said to tell you we just hit it" - and that was it.

Sitting in coach on one of the A319 torture tubes, broken wifi, and obviously no channel 9
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Nice, congrats!

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Congrats! I crossed 1MM on Saturday from IAH-SJC. Pretty poor performance by the crew. I asked a FA if should could ask the captain if possible to let me know when we were x miles into flight, and she said "let's go up front and you can tell him yourself" - so far so good.

Got to the flight deck, told the pilot my question and why I wanted to know, and his response: "why would you care? anyways, if we're not too busy I'll try."

Flight attendant came back about 45 min into flight and said "the captain said to tell you we just hit it" - and that was it.
Congrats! Super lame response on the part of the crew.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by jmd001
Congrats, Pat!

Did you have to say something to some UA person to get the recognition, or did "the system" automatically tell them before the happy event occurred?
Thanks! Of course I said something. UA changed the manifest earlier this year to exclude MM information. It did help that it was one of my regular pursers on the route who happened to be the purser when I flew out the week before. I asked him on that flight if he would be flying it on the 28th. He said he wasn't, so I was totally surprised that he was on the flight. He picked up the trip at the last minute. Several of the regular FAs were also on the flight, all who know my drink order without asking. When I sat down one brought me a liter bottle of water from the galley to start, which I polished off in short order (it's been very hot and humid in HNL). The service was over-the-top attentive. They made me feel like the princess I am.

Sitting in coach on one of the A319 torture tubes, broken wifi, and obviously no channel 9
I'm sorry you didn't get any appropriate response for this important event. I had luck with both my 1MM and 2MM flights. But let me say welcome to the MM Club!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

Congrats and WTG! ^
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by uncle1k
Ditto
another Yank here in New Zealand. Started on United exclusively, but after United deserted NZ, I've had to use other airlines to get to MM. 1k 5 years running. Had to fly to Australia to use United metal for 100k qualifications last year.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM

Originally Posted by mnmme
Was 994 miles short leaving IAH for BOS. Per this thread thought I'd ask the Captain where mile 994 was.

Asked the FA to give my mileage statement/bording pass to the Captain/1st Officer and told her why.

"We can't do that". Explained again "That's not allowed"

Second FA took it with out saying a word to me. She came back to my seat 20 minutes later. The page said 1:50 minutes into flight, out side of Somewhere, VA.

No thank you. No congrats. No signature by whoever wrote it.
Both were sad! That was why I tried to avoid the embarassment. I guess not too many 2MMers are as lucky as Pat89339. When I was going to hit 2MM, I was on the transpacific flight (SFO-HKG) and was only 290 miles short. I guessed the busiest moment for the pilots on Boeing 747 would be the first half an hour or 1 hour after take off, so I did not want to add any burden to the pilots.

As I mentioned at the other thread, imagine u need to fly 773 oneway trips coast to coast between SFO and JFK or to circle the earth 80 times or to sit on a Boeing 747 flying nonstop for at least 3,570 hours / 149 days to make 2 million miles ! It's really a remarkable achievement !!!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:47 am

Made it almost exactly one year ago, although nowadays I'll go the long way to avoid UA
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Both were sad! That was why I tried to avoid the embarassment. I guess not too many 2MMers are as lucky as Pat89339. When I was going to hit 2MM, I was on the transpacific flight (SFO-HKG) and was only 290 miles short. I guessed the busiest moment for the pilots on Boeing 747 would be the first half an hour or 1 hour after take off, so I did not want to add any burden to the pilots.
Sometimes you have to make your own luck! . I'm not the shrinking violet type. To be honest, I could just have easily crossed that mark on the SFO-IAD flight this coming weekend, sitting in the back of an sCO 757. I decided that would not be the best 2MM flight for me and chose a flight that was memorable to me and one where I earned most of the 2MM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.