Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by jswong
It may not be wise to post pictures with your PNR. Could cause all sorts of mischief but congratulations!

Jeff
Ooops,yes see what you mean! Let's hope not and thanks, Iain
Old May 4, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
me too. just passed 1,001,000. milesgoal is 4 mil

Just passed 1 million mils. Goal is to be youngest 4 million miler. I am 32 so trying for 45.
Old May 4, 2013, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA1KPHL
Just passed 1 million mils. Goal is to be youngest 4 million miler. I am 32 so trying for 45.
Wow - you REALLY want to do ~250K BIS on UA each year? Don't forget this could be a moving goalpost too.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
Passed the 1MM mark yesterday in "flyover country."

UA, you've taken me to parts of the world I didn't think I'd ever see--always safely--and, much of the time, in comfort. Thank you to everyone at UA who has made it a great ride. ^

I'm honestly not sure how the next chapter will play out. Here's hoping that UA can keep me - and the rest of us - interested in the next million.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Wow - you REALLY want to do ~250K BIS on UA each year? Don't forget this could be a moving goalpost too.
After seeing how much Tom flies, I don't think that's out of the realm of possibilities. .
Old May 9, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: UA GS, MM, AA (EXP), SPG Platinum, Priority Club, Ambassador Platinum, Global Entry
another MM

Got the letter of congratulations from UA yesterday for MM^
Old May 11, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
As of the "one-time adjustment" (or whatever they called it) I sat at 950k BIS on UA metal. Then I started flying less and, when I did fly, I simply chose the most desirable option (schedule, routing - whatever) and no longer gave UA any preference whatsoever. So it took from then until today to close that last 50k miles! Rarely in my life has so much time elapsed to roll the lifetime counter so small a number of miles. If not for a last-minute KWI trip this week it could easily have taken a few more years. I hope you're pickin' up what I'm puttin' down here COdbaUA!

I didn't notify the crew or anything like that, although I did briefly consider asking one of the FAs to relay a request for Channel 9 on my behalf (does any cockpit crew know of this concept anymore?). Other than the lack of Ch 9, it was a nice, peaceful ride in F on a 572 - an old bird that has grown to be one of my favorites and will be greatly missed once cycled out. Smooth air. Had a few drinks. Caught some ZZZs. Just yet another ride across the nation's midsection...

Edit: To clarify, the adjustment pushed me to 1.3MM, so I have included "1MM" under my programs ever since. It is a program to which one belongs, regardless of how one got there. But having "grown up" under the UA metal BIS regimen, that's still how I personally think deep down.

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; May 11, 2013 at 4:51 pm
Old May 12, 2013, 11:38 pm

Location: Sandpoint,Idaho- previously- Colorado, NYC, New England, SC
Programs: United Millionmiler 1/Star Alliance Gold, National Emerald Executive for Life, Best Western Platinum
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
As of the "one-time adjustment" (or whatever they called it) I sat at 950k BIS on UA metal. Then I started flying less and, when I did fly, I simply chose the most desirable option (schedule, routing - whatever) and no longer gave UA any preference whatsoever. So it took from then until today to close that last 50k miles! Rarely in my life has so much time elapsed to roll the lifetime counter so small a number of miles. If not for a last-minute KWI trip this week it could easily have taken a few more years. I hope you're pickin' up what I'm puttin' down here COdbaUA!

I didn't notify the crew or anything like that, although I did briefly consider asking one of the FAs to relay a request for Channel 9 on my behalf (does any cockpit crew know of this concept anymore?). Other than the lack of Ch 9, it was a nice, peaceful ride in F on a 572 - an old bird that has grown to be one of my favorites and will be greatly missed once cycled out. Smooth air. Had a few drinks. Caught some ZZZs. Just yet another ride across the nation's midsection...

Edit: To clarify, the adjustment pushed me to 1.3MM, so I have included "1MM" under my programs ever since. It is a program to which one belongs, regardless of how one got there. But having "grown up" under the UA metal BIS regimen, that's still how I personally think deep down.
Very similar situation- and we hope that longevity & loyalty of spend and commitment count strongly ongoing
Old May 13, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Missed that post also. Mine wasn't assembled. The printed card was on top and one has to place it between two lucite halves that stay together by aligning 4 little magnetic posts in each half. It's kinda cool. But I'm easy to please (other than the fact I was #1 on upgrade list yesterday IAH-LAX when the door closed). I wish I am farther down the list if I'm not getting the seat.
This one really made me laugh. A lucite desk ornament, delivered in a very fancy cardboard box...with a piece of PAPER to put between the lucite halves. I shouldn't look a gift (box) in the mouth, but I was absolutely amazed that they wasted so much money shipping this incredibly nice fancy package to surround a "certificate" that I could have printed on my own printer.
Not sure UA is really spending money in the most appropriate places these days--but I'm sure that's not news to anybody. And perhaps I'll be seen as whinging needlessly since after all, they could have done nothing at all (and to be honest, that's what I expected)
Old May 13, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
just joined MM after 9 years with United at age 32..

I normally do 100k or 150k, but my goal is to get to 4 million within 10 years.. GS is a must with United now...1ks even get treated like shi@.. and i heard a rumor that GS can upgrade Global Premier Upgrades on any fare class..I heard from a Member but its not a published benefit so i dont know its its true or YMMV.. If any other GS has insight please share..

P.S. I spoke to another GS yesterday and he had no clue what GS was or what benefits he got or didnt, he said his secretary handled all that..
Old May 13, 2013, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I normally do 100k or 150k, but my goal is to get to 4 million within 10 years.. GS is a must with United now...1ks even get treated like shi@.. and i heard a rumor that GS can upgrade Global Premier Upgrades on any fare class..I heard from a Member but its not a published benefit so i dont know its its true or YMMV.. If any other GS has insight please share.
So get treated like crap for the next 3MM miles just to get GS, which isn't what it used to be, and could look very different a decade from now?
Old May 13, 2013, 6:31 am

I normally do 100k or 150k, but my goal is to get to 4 million within 10 years.. GS is a must with United now...1ks even get treated like shi@.. and i heard a rumor that GS can upgrade Global Premier Upgrades on any fare class..I heard from a Member but its not a published benefit so i dont know its its true or YMMV.. If any other GS has insight please share..

P.S. I spoke to another GS yesterday and he had no clue what GS was or what benefits he got or didnt, he said his secretary handled all that..
With all due respect--you seem like an earnest person--this is a total waste of time. Spend your time and money on actually seeing and doing something, not sitting on UA aircraft.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: UA

I left UA last year for AA. One of the thing I did not like was that I could not upgrade my Z fares even as GS and I doubt this has changed. Then LH also took the Z fares away which really killed the deal on them with the slanted seats.
I doubt it is true that a GS can upgrade any fare, you can upgrade award travel though.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
At 45, you won't be the youngest 4 million miler. Thought I would give you a 13 year heads up.
Old May 17, 2013, 3:40 pm

will be 3 MM June1st

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.