Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Old Jun 11, 2024, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by caseminole

WHen you obtain the MM status, i know the main benefit is Premier Gold for life for you and spouse - anything else?
Other than the recognition on the flight (maybe) and the swag/plaque that's it.

FWIW your "companion" can be someone other than your spouse if you want it to be (not uncommon if spouse already has similar status, no spouse, or other reasons). Technically required to be at same address (for mileage plus) but it's not clear how strictly this is enforced.
SPN Lifer, caseminole and muscae like this.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 12:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by caseminole
... WHen you obtain the MM status, i know the main benefit is Premier Gold for life for you and spouse - anything else?
Tangible, no but in interactions with staff you may be thanked for the achievement
Old Jun 11, 2024, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by muscae
...I'm hoping for a copy of the flight plan....
Believe in most case there are not "paper" flight plans. All electronic. Perhaps in the ready room a pilot can print one.

FWIW, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, this was waiting for me on my tray table after waking up from a nap
​​​​​​​

Old Jun 11, 2024, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Believe in most case there are not "paper" flight plans. All electronic. Perhaps in the ready room a pilot can print one.
They can print them on board, although a bit raw. I got several pages of print SIN-SFO on 3MM flight. Signed!
Old Jun 11, 2024, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
For my 4 MM BIS flight (SFO-PEK), I received the flight path map (on a massive sheet of paper) with scribbled flight related notes and routes highlighted certain areas in yellow.
I assumed the paper copy I received was printed at the airport for captain's use and he gave me his copy 3/4 ways through the flight.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by drewguy
Other than the recognition on the flight (maybe) and the swag/plaque that's it.

FWIW your "companion" can be someone other than your spouse if you want it to be (not uncommon if spouse already has similar status, no spouse, or other reasons). Technically required to be at same address (for mileage plus) but it's not clear how strictly this is enforced.
Changes on the companion application page suggests that the infrastructure to check that the companion meets the eligibility requirements is in place. I don't know if it will actually reject an application but it will remark if the addresses don't match.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
My companion and I live at the same address and have had the same (unchanged) address in UA's data bank for at least 15 years.

When I put them in (mid-March) it came back that our addresses didn't match. I imagine it was St. vs. Street or somesuch. There was an option for me to indicate that we did, in fact live at the same address. When I selected that they were instantly given the status. It did not ask me to update either address, nor do I think that it updated either one.

All of which to say anecdataly: They are checking whether you are have the same address in their database at the very least.
SPN Lifer, drewguy and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 9:07 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
24 million in May . No celebration . No coins. Great flight with some friends and a fantastic crew.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: United 1K Member
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
24 million in May . No celebration . No coins. Great flight with some friends and a fantastic crew.
thats rough
wxguy likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
The celebration we had at 35,000' was all that was needed! Good times, Tom!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 9:37 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Tom,
With all due respect - and much congrats - UA did name a plane after you... kinda hard to top that?

Maybe you can comment on the "Exec Circle" topic that has been floating around - do you have Kirby's direct cell number.... or do they just call you to approve any system/global changes?

just curious - how long do you think your travel will continue - I know COVID slowed you down a little.... maybe comment on the thread dedicated to your adventures?

-m
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
The flight where I crossed the four million mile mark!

Iíll recapí the flight I took last Sunday afternoon from LAX to LHR. It was the flight where I crossed the 4,000,000 lifetime mile mark about an hour or two before landing, making me Global Services for life.

I crossed 2,000,000 miles in 2018 and 3,000,000 the following year. I got a congratulatory email and a suitcase after I became lifetime platinum; at lifetime 1k, I got a pen and a card as I boarded. I was surprised, as it was the wrong flight, but a penís a pen. Nothing happened on either flight.

Because Iíd been reading about the hullabaloo that United makes when someone hits four million, I thought Iíd get something for the FAs. I ordered a bunch of high end chocolates and Tim Tams, which are biscuits (cookies) from Australia. It turned out that I got a note from Amazon that everything was delayed and would arrive after my departure, so I panicked and ordered more chocolates (and Tim Tams: theyíre delicious). Naturally everything arrived early, so I had to lug eight or nine pounds of chocolates and cookies to LAX.

I checked a bag at LAX without issue and headed into the lounge. There was nobody working at customer service, so I didnít have a chance to offload some chocolate there.

Boarding was delayed but once it started, things moved pretty quickly. I had splurged for PP, and sat myself into seat 22F. I dragged the chocolate bag up to the front galley; thanked the FAs; explained and apologized for the mountain of chocolates; when I was asked, let the purser know where I was sitting, and returned to my seat.

During the pre safety video chatter, I learned that I was flying with Unitedís finest; I realize that these messages often have a soupÁon of unintended irony; I wasnít disappointed. The statement was missing a noun.

I sleep on planes, so I dozed off for about 20 minutes after departure and for another 30 or so after take off. I was awakened by Unitedís finest when my head bounced off the seat back: a drinks cart collision. There were the perfunctory apologies at this and every subsequent strike. It was my first hint that the appellation of Unitedís finest may be more aspirational than informational.

Unitedís finest next move was to start charging people for beer and wine. Nobody objected, but only two or three people imbibed. Iíve never seen a charge for beer or wine in Premium Plus on international or even domestic flights. I didnít think it happened in regular, international economy. We must have had an inexperienced crew.

I slept on and off for the next eight hours: the cart collisions made sure I didnít overindulge.

As usual, breakfast was served about 90 minutes before landing; I had the eggs. I requested my normal quarter-of-a-dozen cups of coffee and for only the second time ever was refused. This time the refusal had nothing to do with safety. Unitedís finest told me that there mightnít be enough for anyone else. She rapidly backed off that statement and told me that I could hit the call button for more coffee later. She walked away and returned a few minutes later with a third cup of coffee and told me that if she ran out, she could go to the back galley and get more. I find that sort of honesty disarming. We parted friends, as she continues on her mission of serving without swerving.

The purser arrived maybe an hour before landing and asked me if I was the person who gave them the chocolates. (I didnít have the heart to let him know that I had handed them to him after I boarded.). He thanked me and then whipped out his iPhone, read the screen, clickety click, thanked me again, this time for being 1k. Off he went.

About ten minutes later, a delightful flight attendant arrived and let me know that sheíd been looking for me. She was really grateful for the gift. She was definitely one of Unitedís finest. It was the best interaction on the flight.

That was it. We landed. I packed up and stepped off the aircraft. If there was some sort of acknowledgement, I wasnít involved. I checked my status after deplaning and discovered that I was now Global Services. I tested things by going into the Heathrow arrivals lounge: it worked!

As an addendum, I was sitting waiting at baggage claim and got to listen in to a guy regaling his group with the story of his flight. ďThey kept thanking me and giving me things,Ē he said showing off two bottles of wine. I couldnít help but wonder: a suit case, a pen/card and someone else gets wine. Perfect.

Overall, I have to say that my experience was disappointing, but not unexpected. It seems that celebrations for million milers come in all shapes and sizes. Mine seemed to be prepared by the writers of Seinfeld and The Simpsons with a strong influence from Wham Bam Teslacam.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Iíll recapí the flight I took last Sunday afternoon from LAX to LHR. It was the flight where I crossed the 4,000,000 lifetime mile mark about an hour or two before landing, making me Global Services for life.
Congratulations, COFan! But that's really disappointing. My 4MM flight was very different, from the initial UC to the flight to the PLounge reception and same on the return flight. But mine was during the Oscar era -- he called me personally. Leadership matters. Welcome to the GS4L club!
Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
As an addendum, I was sitting waiting at baggage claim and got to listen in to a guy regaling his group with the story of his flight. ďThey kept thanking me and giving me things,Ē he said showing off two bottles of wine. I couldnít help but wonder: a suit case, a pen/card and someone else gets wine. Perfect.

Overall, I have to say that my experience was disappointing, but not unexpected. It seems that celebrations for million milers come in all shapes and sizes. Mine seemed to be prepared by the writers of Seinfeld and The Simpsons with a strong influence from Wham Bam Teslacam.
That sounds really disappointing considering itís a 4MM qualifying flight. Is there any chance they mixed you up with the other guy who got all that stuff?
Old Jun 23, 2024, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium, LTP; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wxguy
Congratulations, COFan! But that's really disappointing. My 4MM flight was very different, from the initial UC to the flight to the PLounge reception and same on the return flight. But mine was during the Oscar era -- he called me personally. Leadership matters. Welcome to the GS4L club!
Congratulations! ContinentalFan
Perhaps, you will get better treatments for the next flight.
Well, you do not need to look for PZ spaces anymore and you won't take any MRs.
Enjoy your stay in London.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.