Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 21, 2:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old May 31, 22, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Wow! Congratulations on the milestone!
4 MM and 5 MM collectively. Thatís a rare occurrence! And.. warrants a party like US provided.
Old Jun 17, 22, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA GS (3MM); Hilton Lifetime Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; AMEX Plat; Hertz Pres
Made 3MM on my trip this week. Was announced on my first flight and got note signed by the entire crew. That was nice. The 35K miles feels a bit cheap compared to the Tumi bag for 2MM but what can you do? Should I expect a letter by snail mail or is that it?
Old Jun 17, 22, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.8MM, Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Congrats Oregonflyer!
Hope to join you in next few months!
Old Jun 17, 22, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer View Post
Made 3MM on my trip this week. Was announced on my first flight and got note signed by the entire crew. That was nice. The 35K miles feels a bit cheap compared to the Tumi bag for 2MM but what can you do? Should I expect a letter by snail mail or is that it?
Congragulations! Maybe theyíll send you $700 the way you can convert an ETC
Kmxu and tcdtcd like this.
Old Jun 17, 22, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (2.6+ MM), UA *G, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Just passed 1MM on a Flight from BOS to ORD today. I got a nice handwritten card from the cabin crew, another card from the flight crew and an announcement over the PA. Captain made another announcement once we arrived at the gate in ORD for me to come to the cockpit on deboarding, and we had a great chat and he gave me the million miler coin. A great trip with a super attentive crew and made me feel special! Thank you UA.
SPN Lifer, kirkwoodj and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by timfountain; Jun 18, 22 at 12:13 pm
Old Jun 17, 22, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Just passed 1MM on a Flight from BOS to ORD today. I got a nice handwritten card from the cabin crew, another card from the flight crew and an announcement over the PA. Captain made another announcement once we arrived at the gate in ORD for me to come to the cockpit on beboarding, and we had a great chat and he gave me the million miler coin. A great trip with a super attentive crew and made me feel special! Thank you UA.
Congratulations ! Glad to see that United recognized your milestone. The first million is the toughest
timfountain, eightblack and Kmxu like this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 8:22 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Just passed 1MM on a Flight from BOS to ORD today. I got a nice handwritten card from the cabin crew, another card from the flight crew and an announcement over the PA. Captain made another announcement once we arrived at the gate in ORD for me to come to the cockpit on beboarding, and we had a great chat and he gave me the million miler coin. A great trip with a super attentive crew and made me feel special! Thank you UA.
Wow, nice to see there is recognition for a (mere) MM.

Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Congratulations ! Glad to see that United recognized your milestone. The first million is the toughest
Ya, glad UA has decided to do this. My SFO-ICN got upgraded at the gate, which was great, even though Upper Deck was already filled by then

But ZERO recognition even though I mentioned it (in an offhanded way) during the flight. I just got the equivalent of a pat on the head and FA telling me that's nice.

Makes me jealous of the recognition MMs get these days ......
timfountain likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 8:33 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by IAHMCI View Post
The first flight was IAH-LAX. The captain gave me a million mile coin
We get a notification on our iPads in our Pilot Mobile app for any flight with a passenger reaching a milestone. The coins are in the Chief Pilot's office at each domicile for us to pick up. So far, I'm only aware of the one design. The coins were a recent addition and I've only had one passenger reaching a MM milestone on my flights since it began. Also, we indicate in the app if the coin was successfully delivered so it looks like they track it to make sure that it gets presented.

The purser gets notifications as well but I don't know the details of what that includes.
Old Jun 18, 22, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
Wow, nice to see there is recognition for a (mere) MM.

Ya, glad UA has decided to do this. My SFO-ICN got upgraded at the gate, which was great, even though Upper Deck was already filled by then

But ZERO recognition even though I mentioned it (in an offhanded way) during the flight. I just got the equivalent of a pat on the head and FA telling me that's nice.

Makes me jealous of the recognition MMs get these days ......
Belated Congratulations!! 🍾🥂👏
EmailKid and Kmxu like this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 4:40 pm

Crossed 2MM

I just crossed the 2MM mark going from AMS-SFO! 😀✈️

A few weeks prior to my flight I wrote to GS to ask for the amount of miles I would earn for the trip. I was seriously worried I would wind up with 1,999,999 and cross the milestone on a puddle jumper a week later. Thankfully the total each way would put me at 2,000,414. Whew!

I did not mention the milestone upon check in as I wanted to see what would happen. To say. I was surprised at how cool it all was is an understatement.

I received a congrats card at the gate and even before sitting down the Purser (Scott) congratulated me. I got a card stock BP upon check in (so not the flimsy paper kind) and asked if the pilots could sign it. He came back to say I was invited to the cockpit.

Captain Holcomb and F/O Tiltrum (the other F/O was out) could not have been more generous. There we took pictures and chatted for some time. I was given the flight record as well as the printed route chart. I told them I would cross the 2M mark 414 miles outside of SFO so the F/O told me he would write down when that took place. Iím thinking no way the guy remembers after close to 10 hours of flying. But lo and behold, Scott walked up the note soon after I crossed. How cool is that?!

Scott organized a card signing by all the FAs on top of having a full cabin and legit work to do. He also congratulated me several times ó I had a hard time coming up with different ways to thank him!

Really, the only thing missing was a marching band. I donít think a tuba would fit overhead so I give them a pass on that.

When I crossed 1MM, I didnít even know and neither did the crew. Those were the days when it took a few days for them to input miles. I got a ho hum letter a few weeks later. Anyway, I feel like a kid who had a crummy 16th birthday and then a blow out, unforgettable 18th birthday!

Here are some of the keepsakes:

Old Jun 18, 22, 6:01 pm

That is such a nice way to celebrate Surf1
Congratulations!!
Surf1 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 8:30 pm

Programs: United Global Services 2MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
I had the pleasure of meeting Surf1 at the AMS gate before departure yesterday, glad to see United recognized the accomplishment. Congratulations again!
Old Jun 19, 22, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by laughinlab2001 View Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Surf1 at the AMS gate before departure yesterday, glad to see United recognized the accomplishment. Congratulations again!
Thanks! Canít wait to read when you break the 3MM mark. Hope you get a crew as nice as I did!
Old Jun 19, 22, 9:44 pm

So who was this (SFO-EWR)?!
Old Jun 20, 22, 8:39 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM/Lifetime UC, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Good on ya, Surf1 !!! ^

Search this Thread