Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by akhibhag
Crossed the Million miler milestone last night on a 30 min United Express flight. The 1 Million Mile flight was the same route as my 1st flight on United years ago when I first stepped into the US of A. Except my first United flight was a flight with mixed emotions. There was excitement to be in the US, the anxiety of uprooting myself, the fear of the unknown and the fatigue from a long overseas travel in the back. This time around, there was excitement to cross the milestone, the fatigue from business travel/long week, however calmness knowing the roots have been established in the country . There was no acknowledgement whatsoever on the flight, which was ok as I was ready to let my eyes rest.
Nice story! Happy for you on your 1MM milestone!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 11:31 am

This morning while waiting for take off clearance, pilot announced over the intercom that Mr. Hodges have entered the million miles club, it seems like Mr. Hodges was in 6L.

Old May 27, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by UAFAM
This morning while waiting for take off clearance, pilot announced over the intercom that Mr. Hodges have entered the million miles club, it seems like Mr. Hodges was in 6L.

Well, congrats to Mr. Hodges!

David
Old May 27, 2022, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like a lot of MMs crossing the threshold recently. Congratulations all around! 🎉🎉
Old May 27, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by akhibhag
Crossed the Million miler milestone last night on a 30 min United Express flight. The 1 Million Mile flight was the same route as my 1st flight on United years ago when I first stepped into the US of A. Except my first United flight was a flight with mixed emotions. There was excitement to be in the US, the anxiety of uprooting myself, the fear of the unknown and the fatigue from a long overseas travel in the back. This time around, there was excitement to cross the milestone, the fatigue from business travel/long week, however calmness knowing the roots have been established in the country . There was no acknowledgement whatsoever on the flight, which was ok as I was ready to let my eyes rest.
Congratulations! And what a memory.
Old May 28, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
My 4MM flight is next weekend and I do intend to see what is on the FA phones at least on the 4MM flight and the flight after that.
Just boarded first flight of the weekend which is not the 4MM flight. But the celebration has started. Paged at the gate and 4 supervisors from in-flight congratulated me and gave me a bag of swag.
SPN Lifer, wxguy, daisyatl and 4 others like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Just boarded first flight of the weekend which is not the 4MM flight. But the celebration has started. Paged at the gate and 4 supervisors from in-flight congratulated me and gave me a bag of swag.
The first flight was IAH-LAX. The captain gave me a million mile coin. They announced it again on the flight and to celebrate, everyone got a free drink.
I did check with the purser and their app did not have any reference to the 4MM. He did tell me that the captain got an email a few days earlier to pick up the coin.

Last edited by IAHMCI; May 28, 2022 at 6:38 pm Reason: Add picture
Old May 29, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Are there different coins for 2MM, 3MM, etc? Did they just mess up...?
Old May 30, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Are there different coins for 2MM, 3MM, etc? Did they just mess up...?
I also got a million mile coin for my 3 million mile flight. I am guessing these are relatively new as I did not get anything for my 1 or 2 million mile flights.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by 1kBill
I also got a million mile coin for my 3 million mile flight. I am guessing these are relatively new as I did not get anything for my 1 or 2 million mile flights.
I did not get a coin on the actual 4MM flight
and the passenger crossing 5MM did not get one either.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
I'll be quite curious what details you can suss out to share.
I did four flights this weekend and checked with the purser on each flight.
5/28 day before the actual flight, nothing on the app
5/29 4MM flight to JFK and return. Both flights the app had a small red circle on my seat. Clicking on it showed the suggested comment. For me it was congratulations on 4 MM.
5/30 the app also had the red circle and the purser did congratulate me while doing meal orders.

And here is the teaser for the actual 4MM flight

daisyatl, FriendlySkies and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by IAHMCI; May 30, 2022 at 4:08 pm Reason: Spelling
Old May 30, 2022, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
5/29 4MM flight to JFK and return. Both flights the app had a small red circle on my seat. Clicking on it showed the suggested comment. For me it was congratulations on 4 MM.
5/30 the app also had the red circle and the purser did congratulate me while doing meal orders.

Heartiest Congratulations! Now you gotta update your FT profile as LT GS!

David

p.s. Welcome to LAX!
artvandalay and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Heartiest Congratulations! Now you gotta update your FT profile as LT GS!

David

p.s. Welcome to LAX!
I am very happy to make that update!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

congratulations! That’s a fantastic milestone you had reached. You had mentioned teaser, more to come?
wxguy and ContinentalFan like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:25 pm

The 4MM mile flight was on Sunday and my seatmate was hitting 5MM. Checked in at the GS lobby and all the agents knew about it and offered congratulations. Went to the United Club and again all the agents were waiting with congratulations.

The crew came for pictures and they looked sharp. A little bit of Hollywood glam with the sunglasses, white gloves and 4 million mile and 5 million miles sashes.
We were driven to the gate and their were numerous announcements on board. Of course we were will taken care of.

There was Eli's Cheesecake for the entire plane so everyone got to join the celebration.

In addition to cheesecake, we had our own special cakes.

Confetti and more cake when we arrived. My outbound crew had heard from my inbound crew about the celebration and were really bummed that we did not get to have another one on the return flight.
I have to say that the United teams in IAH, LAX & JFK did an amazing job to make this milestone memorable. There probably has never been a flight that had two passengers celebrating that many millions of miles.

And of course it was very exciting to see this!
SPN Lifer, EmailKid, Xyzzy and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.