Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by DCA writer
I crossed the million-mile mark early Saturday morning on UA 989, 75 miles before landing at FRA. . . .
Congratulations!! The next million will fly by!
DCA writer and Flying Machine like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Platinum / 1MM
I crossed 1MM on Saturday February 26, on my second flight of the day from IAH to PHX. Before boarding the first flight from FLL to IAH, the gate attendant called my name and gave me a card thanking me for my business and welcoming me to the 1MM "club". No upgrades as the flight was packed to the gills but DH and I had already reserved emergency exit aisle seats across from one another. Every flight attendant stopped by and congratulated me and offered me a snack box and drink. Passed on the snack box but took a Baileys for my coffee. They also made an announcement on the flight about my new status. Only my husband clapped LOL.

On the IAH to PHX flight, one of the flight attendants stopped by and congratulated me again offering a snack box which I declined. Then she said that I must have some champagne and I said OK as long as DH would have one with me. I ended up with a mimosa and he drank his straight.

Yesterday I found the link to add my DH as my companion and although it said that he didn't live at the same address (probably because of the way he entered the 9 digit zip code), his status was quickly updated from Silver to Platinum to match my status.

It's nice to not have to requalify every year for perks any longer!
SPN Lifer, kirkwoodj and 8MiHi like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
azbirdmom Congratulations! Nice to hear that you have been properly recognized! Welcome to the Club..
azbirdmom likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Woohoo! Congrats azbirdmom !!!
azbirdmom likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MMany congratulations on the MMilestones, DCA writer and azbirdmom!

(advance apologies for the corniness.)
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by azbirdmom
I crossed 1MM on Saturday February 26, on my second flight of the day from IAH to PHX. Before boarding the first flight from FLL to IAH, the gate attendant called my name and gave me a card thanking me for my business and welcoming me to the 1MM "club". No upgrades as the flight was packed to the gills but DH and I had already reserved emergency exit aisle seats across from one another. Every flight attendant stopped by and congratulated me and offered me a snack box and drink. Passed on the snack box but took a Baileys for my coffee. They also made an announcement on the flight about my new status. Only my husband clapped LOL.

On the IAH to PHX flight, one of the flight attendants stopped by and congratulated me again offering a snack box which I declined. Then she said that I must have some champagne and I said OK as long as DH would have one with me. I ended up with a mimosa and he drank his straight.

Yesterday I found the link to add my DH as my companion and although it said that he didn't live at the same address (probably because of the way he entered the 9 digit zip code), his status was quickly updated from Silver to Platinum to match my status.

It's nice to not have to requalify every year for perks any longer!
Congratulations for the milestone.
Everyone on FT clapped for you.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by fumje
Congratulations!

And look out for a chicken congee lucite marker coming your way. They appear to have shuffled one out of the SFO club recently.

ROTFL. Thanks for this, it made my day. Laughed so much looking at the pics.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Finally crossed 1 million miles March 3 SFO-EWR in Polaris, 17 nmonths after I was scheduled to due to COVID. Was not expecting any special recognition but I was surprised that the FA didn't even say my name when taking meals, just a welcome sir. This was my first time on the 764 new configuration. Did not get dinner until 1 hour 45 minutes after take-off with no turbulence. Also, was not offered any wine with dinner. a very special flight Hoping my 2 million mile flight is better
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by jasonp622
Finally crossed 1 million miles March 3 SFO-EWR in Polaris, 17 nmonths after I was scheduled to due to COVID. Was not expecting any special recognition but I was surprised that the FA didn't even say my name when taking meals, just a welcome sir. This was my first time on the 764 new configuration. Did not get dinner until 1 hour 45 minutes after take-off with no turbulence. Also, was not offered any wine with dinner. a very special flight Hoping my 2 million mile flight is better
Congratulations on your milestone. Your fellow FTers recognize your achievement when UA did not!
Markie, SPN Lifer, LAXOGG and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by jasonp622
Hoping my 2 million mile flight is better
Advice: If you seek recognition, make sure the inflight crew knows ahead of time.
SPN Lifer and Flying Machine like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
I crossed the 2million mile January 22 FRA-SFO in seat 3a.
It felt like that all fa's came by to congratulated me. I received a card and we were chatting about my experiences during the last 20years on UA.
Then on my way from HNL to SFO on the 26th of January the captain came by congratulated me and invited me to the cockpit. (no worries we were still on the ground *smile*)
And even on the onwards flight from SFO to LAX the purser came by to congratulate.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by zappa42m
It felt like that all fa's came by to congratulated me. I received a card and we were chatting about my experiences during the last 20years on UA.
Then on my way from HNL to SFO on the 26th of January the captain came by congratulated me and invited me to the cockpit. (no worries we were still on the ground *smile*)
And even on the onwards flight from SFO to LAX the purser came by to congratulate.
Congratulations! Happy to hear that you have received the recognition you deserve!
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zappa42m
My 2 Million is this Friday from SFO-CDG. Will report back - it's been a ride over the last 20 years.
LIH and 8MiHi like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by greenpau
My 2 Million is this Friday from SFO-CDG. Will report back - it's been a ride over the last 20 years.
self promoting via Twitter to the UA team may enhance your journey if you like the recognition. Congratulations in advance on your milestone!
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
So officially crossed the 2 Million Mile mark on SFO-CDG last night, over Muddy Mountain near Casper, Wyoming.

The SFO ground team went above and beyond. Congratulations and pictures in the GS Reception lobby when we checked in, then when we were in the Polaris Lounge a group of people came up with a dessert.

Down at the gate another GS agent found us and walked us on ahead of the special assistance passengers, and the flight deck crew all immediately came by to say how excited they were. The Captain had already printed out the flight map, calculated the spot of the 2MM, and had that plus some UA items and a 2 Million Miler coin for me in an envelope. Then the two first officers took me through some other flight details. They were fantastic, then on landing in Paris they invited me to take more pictures together on the flight deck and jetway.

The only funny thing was the cabin experience - not one of the FAs congratulated me or showed any interest. In fact, my first interaction was “Beef / Salmon / Pasta”. This wasn’t really particular to me - they all were just not in a good mood, and it was sadly one of my weakest in flight experiences after so many great flights.

The SFO ground staff really went the extra mile and the flight deck crew blew me away - more than I ever could have expected.

Not going to lie, got a little tearful - and reminded me of so many wonderful trips, friendships made, and why I remained so loyal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.