Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 21, 2:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 17, 21, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, National EE
Sorry about the double posts. Maybe too many of those free drinks

Last edited by sna430; Nov 18, 21 at 5:36 pm Reason: Repost
Old Nov 17, 21, 11:27 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by sna430 View Post
I have been a MP member since 93. Only a leisure flyer, so 100% of the flights and my ex wife and gfs are paid from my own money. Started with United, switched over to NWA, then Continental and back to United. Anyways I am sitting in IAH right now. Was doing a Mileage Run to reach close to the 1 million mark with a trip from LAX to SJU r/t. I have 4 for my friends going on my million miles flight from LAX to HNL in a couple weeks. Anyways United was nice and credited a miss connection 2 months ago from EWR to DBV (I flew on LH). Those credit happened today. Kinda messed my LAX-HNL celebratory flights up.

Anyways, I didnt realize that I crossed the million miles until a FA on the SJU-IAH flight came and started offering unlimited drinks and a brief congratulations. Very nice FA based in Austin. I told her that I wont reach the million miles mark until my flight to HNL but she showed me her app on her United phone. It is same as the photo above with that dot to show them there is something special with that particular passenger.

Overall, I am bummed on how everything worked out but it is what it is. Hopefully the 2mm milestone will be more memorable. At least I got more than enough drinks.
Congratulations all the same!
Old Nov 18, 21, 7:24 pm

Programs: United 1K ; Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
So.... I flew home ORD-DCA earlier this week.. FA congratulated me on crossing 1MM miles on that flight. She also showed me on her device (similar to pictures above) the star by my seat in her App and the note indicating I am crossing 1MM. She also gave me a care package to take home with wines and spirits (4 mini-alcohol bottles and mini-bottle of wine). Ironically that ORD-DCA flight only got me to 998,352 miles. And I confirmed this logging into the account after flight posted. So I am not yet a MM. The FA United App prematurely celebrated.

But after 21 years I will really cross the 1MM mark on a Dreamliner in First Class (IAD-SFO) next week. If you're gonna cross 1 MM that's the way to do it . The timing is coincidence and I have never flown on the Dreamliner so all is good. Maybe I'll net a second "care" package.

Looking forward most to the matching status for Ms hillta1.
Kmxu and 8MiHi like this.
Old Nov 18, 21, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by hillta1 View Post
So.... I flew home ORD-DCA earlier this week.. FA congratulated me on crossing 1MM miles on that flight. She also showed me on her device (similar to pictures above) the star by my seat in her App and the note indicating I am crossing 1MM. She also gave me a care package to take home with wines and spirits (4 mini-alcohol bottles and mini-bottle of wine). Ironically that ORD-DCA flight only got me to 998,352 miles. And I confirmed this logging into the account after flight posted. So I am not yet a MM. The FA United App prematurely celebrated.

But after 21 years I will really cross the 1MM mark on a Dreamliner in First Class (IAD-SFO) next week. If you're gonna cross 1 MM that's the way to do it . The timing is coincidence and I have never flown on the Dreamliner so all is good. Maybe I'll net a second "care" package.

Looking forward most to the matching status for Ms hillta1.
Collect all the care packages you can and enjoy!

David
Old Nov 21, 21, 3:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Gold
Just boarded my million miler flight LHR-ORD and the purser came by and made a fuss - also told me I didnt have to give a second choice for my meal and that hed keep bringing me champagne until I told him to stop 😂. Then the captain came out and called me their celebrity flyer and took a photo with me. Ive been thanked effusively by at least 3 crew members about the milestone. It was very nice to have it recognized and to be on a TATL Polaris flight (even with plastic glasses).
cesco.g, Kmxu, porciuscato and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 21, 21, 6:33 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by elynchking View Post
Just boarded my million miler flight LHR-ORD and the purser came by and made a fuss - also told me I didnt have to give a second choice for my meal and that hed keep bringing me champagne until I told him to stop 😂. Then the captain came out and called me their celebrity flyer and took a photo with me. Ive been thanked effusively by at least 3 crew members about the milestone. It was very nice to have it recognized and to be on a TATL Polaris flight (even with plastic glasses).
Congratulations. Your experience motivates me to go for 4 million, but my wife wont let me do it.
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 21, 21, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Congratulations on making 1MM! Nice to hear about the recognition on-board and regretfully having to make do with your 2nd meal choice.

David
Old Nov 21, 21, 11:18 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Congratulations on making 1MM! Nice to hear about the recognition on-board and regretfully having to make do with your 2nd meal choice.

David
Methinks the OP got his first choice as he didn't have to give a second one. ^
SPN Lifer and elynchking like this.
Old Nov 21, 21, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations! You are a celebrity flyer! Nice recognition
as219 and Guate87 like this.
Old Nov 21, 21, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
Congratulations. Your experience motivates me to go for 4 million, but my wife won’t let me do it.
Would it be possible to fly in chunks? (which would allow you to have lots of time still at home)

I took such approach this year, and it worked out well. I took the summer off (from flying), and will have the rest of year off (to enjoy with the fam for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's). Added some extra flying in between work trips, plus some pure MRs, banged out 200K+ miles of flying, and left with lots of time for domestic activities.
Old Nov 21, 21, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
Would it be possible to fly in chunks? (which would allow you to have lots of time still at home)

I took such approach this year, and it worked out well. I took the summer off (from flying), and will have the rest of year off (to enjoy with the fam for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's). Added some extra flying in between work trips, plus some pure MRs, banged out 200K+ miles of flying, and left with lots of time for domestic activities.
For me, WFH has made it much easier to bang out miles. I just did 100k in seven weeks, all domestic, mostly transcons. Using up plus points, 95% up front. I will end the year with 30-40k to go.
Old Nov 21, 21, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Gold
Correct (except Im a she).

Originally Posted by iluv2fly View Post
Methinks the OP got his first choice as he didn't have to give a second one. ^
Old Nov 21, 21, 7:50 pm

Just boarded my million miler flight LHR-ORD and the purser came by and made a fuss - also told me I didn’t have to give a second choice for my meal and that he’d keep bringing me champagne until I told him to stop 😂. Then the captain came out and called me ”their celebrity flyer” and took a photo with me. I’ve been thanked effusively by at least 3 crew members about the milestone. It was very nice to have it recognized and to be on a TATL Polaris flight (even with plastic glasses).
Congratulations!

And look out for a chicken congee lucite marker coming your way. They appear to have shuffled one out of the SFO club recently.

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
New items I've found at the SFO UCs this week:

SFO Rotunda:

img
img

img

SFO E:
img
img

David
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I'm glad UA took the soup label out when they sent me my Lucite....

elynchking and 8MiHi like this.
Old Nov 22, 21, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, Hyatt*Globalist
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
Congratulations. Your experience motivates me to go for 4 million, but my wife wont let me do it.
You need to share your benefits with her. Get her upgrades when she flies. Get her on a couple of Polaris flights through hubs with Polaris Lounges and get her hooked.

My Mrs enjoys all the GS benefits that comes with the companion status. I gifted both my son and daughter the status one year each, and they wanted the status back. The more they lobby, the more Mrs wants it continue. This is how I got support for 2 MM, 3 MM and 4 MM and now working on 5 MM
iluv2fly, SPN Lifer, wxguy and 8 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 21, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Person next to me in F today MCO-SFO hit 2m miler status on the flight. During boarding, the Captain came up to him at his seat and congratulated him and gave him a card and what the 2m miler said was a nice pen in a box. Captain thanked him for his loyalty and wished him well on his next million miles on United. I hope something like that happens for me if I ever hit a million miler milestone

Search this Thread