Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 21, 2:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 20, 3:56 pm

Congratulations ICN1K!

Between the BK sandwiches, lemonade and people-watching, seems you made the most of your milestone trip.

When the flights do post (tomorrow morning or the next), save a screenshot of your lifetime 2MM tally!
ICN1K likes this.
Old Dec 16, 20, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by ICN1K View Post
Thanks. I wouldn’t be disappointed if United didn’t notice especially because I did a SDC to get a specific routing.

Wow. Congrats even though no one said anything on your MM flight. What was that 7 segment routing like? If I did my math right, then I will arrive at 2MM when we reach the gate at LAS.
It was actually 2 trips, one MR to MCO (2 segments each way) and a trip to Mexico. The crew on my 6th leg gave me formal congratulations (card + pen).
Old Dec 16, 20, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was originally supposed to fly to EWR today and then fly back to LAS tomorrow. Due to winter storm Gail I moved everything up a day. LAS-SFO was uneventful. I had 5 hours to kill at SFO and ended eating 2 spicy crispy chicken sandwiches from BK and then finding a place to doze off for a few minutes near the G gates. Headed to the United club for 2 hours before boarding the flight to EWR. I could hear one FA talk about how a couple claimed they purchased a middle seat for their dog and they were upset when a passenger was assigned that seat. There was also talk of a woman asleep without a mask. I don’t know if these events were what caused the delay but SFO-EWR left a few minutes late.

As we were pulling up to the gate I got the text message that EWR-LAX was boarding. I was traveling with neither a carry-on nor checked luggage so I knew I had plenty of time to make it. Boarding had been going on for 10 minutes by the time the door opened. A rush of energy kicked in and I did my best impression of the dad in a Home Alone 2 Asian remake. I made it and ended up switching seats so a nice family could sit together. Interestingly, after landing at LAX I saw a FA hand the GA a list of passengers and say “these were the people refusing to wear masks throughout the flight.”

At LAX I skipped the United club and went to Starbucks. I usually get a trenta mango dragonfruit and always with light ice and no lemonade. On this day I felt like it would be an insult to Flyertalk to get it without lemonade. It was gross as expected but last time I get it without lemonade until the next milestone. LAX-LAS is uneventful. I will be refreshing the “my account” page every hour for the next two days. Not looking forward to crediting another United flight to my account and may just fly without a FF number on my tickets for a while.

Finally, thank you to United for giving me an op-up on SFO-ICN about 10 or 11 years and getting me hooked since then. And thank you to Frontier, Spirit and Southwest for keeping prices on United in check at LAS.
So you’re now a mileage millionaire?
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 16, 20, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan View Post
So you’re now a mileage millionaire?
lol! I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what was the point of his post.
Old Dec 16, 20, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
lol! I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what was the point of his post.
It’s good getting lifetime status: it becomes a compulsion. I’m looking forward to the end of this pandemic, so I can fly again!
lsquare and 8MiHi like this.
Old Dec 16, 20, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
Congratulations from this FT community, anyway. It is apparent that no FAs or GAs had noticed your achievement during your quick trip. Mr. Kirby probably dropped the ball, too.
It will take 1-2 days to have your MP earning posted after you changed the flights. Patience will pay off.
Happy travels!
Thanks. I can't really fault them for not noticing. The flights leading up to the last were back to back and I had to change the routing days before from a simple LAS-EWR non-stop rt to include SFO and LAX connections.
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
Between the BK sandwiches, lemonade and people-watching, seems you made the most of your milestone trip.

When the flights do post (tomorrow morning or the next), save a screenshot of your lifetime 2MM tally!
I definitely will. EWR-LAX and LAX-LAS already posted but the flights, LAS-SFO and SFO-EWR, taken the day before have not yet.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 17, 20, 2:42 am

LAX-LAS is uneventful. I will be refreshing the “my account” page every hour for the next two days. Not looking forward to crediting another United flight to my account and may just fly without a FF number on my tickets for a while.
I may have misspoke about LAX-LAS being uneventful. I posted before I boarded the flight. As we were rolling down the runway, the cockpit door flung open. Wasn't sure if the pilots were going to brake or not but they continued the takeoff and the FA eventually closed the door after we got up in the air. Never in the 2MM I've flown have I seen a plane take off with the cockpit door open.

Flights finally posted to my account. Think I'm done flying for the rest of the year.
Old Dec 17, 20, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA Gold, DL
Flights finally posted to my account. Think I'm done flying for the rest of the year.
Anyone who flew 100,000 miles on UA in 2020 should get "special recognition." But, of course, we know that won't happen. Good show on the 2MM!
Cheers!
Old Dec 17, 20, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations ICN1K! Nice math project, exactly on the number! Enjoy your lifetime status
ICN1K likes this.
Old Dec 17, 20, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I may have misspoke about LAX-LAS being uneventful. I posted before I boarded the flight. As we were rolling down the runway, the cockpit door flung open. Wasn't sure if the pilots were going to brake or not but they continued the takeoff and the FA eventually closed the door after we got up in the air. Never in the 2MM I've flown have I seen a plane take off with the cockpit door open.

I wonder how often one gets a nice round number like 2,000,000. Good job!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 17, 20, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Bolding mine: I had the exact same thing happen back in 2002 on a flight LAS-SFO . I was in the left aisle seat of first row of Y on a 737 and it was quite a trip (pun intended ) as i leaned over to see and got to watch the pilots raise the gear (saw 3 greens go to 3 reds), turn the aircraft, raise the flaps and level off for a brief moment in order for the f/a to get up and slam (n.b. slam) the door to the flight deck shut
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and ICN1K like this.
Old Dec 19, 20, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
My 3MM experience

My 3 million flight, Montego Bay to Washington-Dulles, was uneventful. I stopped by check-in desk at MBJ to print out a boarding pass for my record. The check-in (contracted) agent had no clue about 3 MM milestone. But a gate agent did and did notify the pilot on my flight. The pilot mentioned me about 3MM milestone at the end of the standard departure announcement. I got a round of applause from about 20-25 pax (very empty flight) on the plane, including 8 (7 + my wife) other pax in the business cabin. A FA from economy cabin stopped by to say congratulation to me after she chatted with a UA friend in the business cabin. Otherwise, no FA said anything special, for example,thanking you for being 1K or for my business.

The 3-hr plus flight, leaving at noon, only offered snack boxes, that is, no sandwiches. I ate both mine and my wife’s snack boxes. I got a bottle of red wine and two servings of Buffalo Trace on rock. The FAs in business did the bare minimum (EWR based); giving me a snack box, serving two rounds of drinks and leaving the trash for nearly the whole flight (see one of the attached pictures). They were hiding for the whole flight except for the first half hour. I did my own marking of 3M crossing point using the UA App flight status (see the other picture). Fortunately, the WiFi worked for the flight except for the very beginning.

Before the flight, UA did not send me a pre-milestone congratulation email. Perhaps, Mr Kirby was too busy on more important matters.

Happy and safe travels.

Edit: I just entered IAD UC. I mentioned that I just passed 3MM. The agent’s response was “OKay.” 😭😭

Last edited by Kmxu; Dec 19, 20 at 2:46 pm
Old Dec 19, 20, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations Kmxu! That’s a fantastic milestone! I guess all the help you gave me in the past regarding those China fares that we discussed via PM added to your balance:-)

Yeah I guess on a flight like that ( originating from a contract station ) I wouldn’t be expecting too much, but from your friends at Flyertalk we take our hats off to you!
Kmxu likes this.

Last edited by Flying Machine; Dec 19, 20 at 6:01 pm
Old Dec 19, 20, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
My 3 million flight, Montego Bay to Washington-Dulles, was uneventful. I stopped by check-in desk at MBJ to print out a boarding pass for my record. The check-in (contracted) agent had no clue about 3 MM milestone. But a gate agent did and did notify the pilot on my flight. The pilot mentioned me about 3MM milestone at the end of the standard departure announcement. I got a round of applause from about 20-25 pax (very empty flight) on the plane, including 8 (7 + my wife) other pax in the business cabin. A FA from economy cabin stopped by to say congratulation to me after she chatted with a UA friend in the business cabin. Otherwise, no FA said anything special, for example,thanking you for being 1K or for my business.

The 3-hr plus flight, leaving at noon, only offered snack boxes, that is, no sandwiches. I ate both mine and my wife’s snack boxes. I got a bottle of red wine and two servings of Buffalo Trace on rock. The FAs in business did the bare minimum (EWR based); giving me a snack box, serving two rounds of drinks and leaving the trash for nearly the whole flight (see one of the attached pictures). They were hiding for the whole flight except for the first half hour. I did my own marking of 3M crossing point using the UA App flight status (see the other picture). Fortunately, the WiFi worked for the flight except for the very beginning.

Before the flight, UA did not send me a pre-milestone congratulation email. Perhaps, Mr Kirby was too busy on more important matters.

Happy and safe travels.

Edit: I just entered IAD UC. I mentioned that I just passed 3MM. The agent’s response was “OKay.” 😭😭
Congratulation on the lifetime 1K. You would think they could have done a little more given how rare 3MM is. At least people here can appreciate how hard it is to fly that much versus the indifference by some employees. Good luck with your next million.
SPN Lifer, narvik and Kmxu like this.
Old Dec 19, 20, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats Kmxu: just one more million to go!

Search this Thread