Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Received the following email this morning from "MileagePlus Program" entitled "The 2 million mile mark is in sight" -- good thing they let me know or I'd never have noticed, haha. A welcome change though - usually the emails from MileagePlus Program are inviting me to spend 250,000 miles on an Apple Watch, or something along those lines.

FWIW, I expect to reach 2MM by September, though it's not yet a certainty.

Dear <Cricketer>,

We've noticed that you've flown United® a lot. So much so that you're approaching an extraordinary achievement: flying two million miles with us. Once you reach your milestone, we look forward to providing you with benefits that reflect your accomplishment and loyalty, including status that does not fall below Premier® Platinum.*

We appreciate your continued trust in our airline, and look forward to welcoming you as a 2 Million Miler in the near future.

Thank you for flying with us.

Sincerely,

Oscar Munoz
CEO
United Airlines
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Got my millionth mile SFO-HND a few days before Christmas, somewhere near the Aleutians. The purser thanked me for 1mm before pushing back.

Originally Posted by PVDProf
Was called to podium before the flight, and was handed a card from Oscar and a pen. The pen is nicer than my other United pens.
I didn't get a card from Oscar or a pen
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by thesun
Got my millionth mile SFO-HND a few days before Christmas, somewhere near the Aleutians. The purser thanked me for 1mm before pushing back.

I didn't get a card from Oscar or a pen

Congratulations! On your achievement! Sorry to hear you didn’t get any swag
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
2mm

Made 2mm somewhere between SFO and RDU on Jan 22. Got a nice note from the pilot and a copy of the flight plan.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Beleive the Lucite / certificate block is still given also.
Yes, got mine today in the same box as my 1K stuff. Similar packaging to the standard 1K box that my wife got but dark blue instead of white and taller.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: United 3MM, 1K, Hyatt Globalist Lifetime
3MM plus

Originally Posted by porciuscato
100,000 BIS mils every year for 30 years. I doubt it's many I fly more actual miles than anybody I know and I'm only going to hit 2 Million next year. At the current rate, I will be close to 70 years old before I hit 3 million.
Agreed. It must be very few. I started in '93 and made 3MM in 2015. Had a few years without miles but others 200K+. I didn't know anyone else who traveled like I did. 200K+ miles in a year is hard on all aspects of your life, especially considering that those are 200K UA Hardware miles - so I probably flew 250-300K actual miles. Have been in a desk job for the last 3 years but looks like I will start flying again this year. Perhaps make 4MM before I retire.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: CONTINENTAL AND NOW UNITED

I WONDER IF THEY WILL RECOGNIZE ME? LOL
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold (MM), Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
It's been a few years, but the spousal unit and I are both million milers. I'd have to say the only good thing about it is lifetime Gold, which generally is good enough to get you into the shorter check-in lines and international lounge access. As we slide off into retirement, I doubt we'll ever make 2MM.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:50 pm

This is me as well. Hitting the 2MM point is unlikely prior to retirement as my travel has waned a lot and retirement looms.

My mistake was early in my career I never thought I’d be a heavy traveler so wasn’t loyal to any airline. Although flying SQ was great, I gave up a lot of BIS miles towards the program. Had I put everything to UA then I’d be close or past the 2MM mark. Oh well...

Originally Posted by dragonlady13
It's been a few years, but the spousal unit and I are both million milers. I'd have to say the only good thing about it is lifetime Gold, which generally is good enough to get you into the shorter check-in lines and international lounge access. As we slide off into retirement, I doubt we'll ever make 2MM.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by dragonlady13
As a 2MM flyer I can tell you that you are not going to miss much by never hitting 2MM. That level is the ....... stepchild of MM levels. f the MM levels, it offers the least additional benefit.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:19 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ck3kk
Agreed. It must be very few. I started in '93 and made 3MM in 2015. Had a few years without miles but others 200K+. I didn't know anyone else who traveled like I did. 200K+ miles in a year is hard on all aspects of your life, especially considering that those are 200K UA Hardware miles - so I probably flew 250-300K actual miles. Have been in a desk job for the last 3 years but looks like I will start flying again this year. Perhaps make 4MM before I retire.
I hit the 3MM at age 68 two years ago, now sitting at 3.2M so likely never will get to 4MM. Wish UA would have credited my PA miles when they took over the Asia routes in 1985 I had plenty of miles and status with PA and of course PA was the original FF program with Worldpass. UA started counting in 82/83???
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:59 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
I hit the 3MM at age 68 two years ago, now sitting at 3.2M so likely never will get to 4MM. Wish UA would have credited my PA miles when they took over the Asia routes in 1985 I had plenty of miles and status with PA and of course PA was the original FF program with Worldpass. UA started counting in 82/83???
If UA really started counting in the early 80s then I really maximized my earning potential when my parents signed me up in June of 1983, when I was two months old... The ~500K BIS I got as a minor have been very helpful in this status-heavy era of my life as my wife has had my MM status for the entire time we've been travelling together.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Thumbs up In Da' MM Club!

Hey hey, TMK is up in the da' Million Miler club -- who's going to teach me the secret handshake?!

Experience notes: pretty much zero recognition. They knew in advance because I was having fun with it on Twitter on the way down to EZE, and I had contacted 1K Voice to ask a question and they replied. My wife and I were flying EZE-->IAH last night, and during pre-departure drink orders my wife corrected my water-no-ice request with "This is your million mile flight, get some sparkling!" The FA responded "Oh yeah, I saw that in the notes." --- that was the recognition <shrug>. Have to admit, I kind of thought the Purser or a FA would have stopped by my seat and said congrats, I guess my expectations were a bit high.

But hey, I'm happy anyway! The best part is being able to give my wife 1K for 2020 (already updated) as she has some travel ahead and I do not.

Last edited by TravelManKen; Jan 30, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by TravelManKen
Hey hey, TMK is up in the da' Million Miler club -- who's going to teach me the secret handshake?!

Experience notes: pretty much zero recognition. They knew in advance because I was having fun with it on Twitter on the way down to EZE, and I had contacted 1K Voice to ask a question and they replied. My wife and I were flying EZE-->IAH last night, and during pre-departure drink orders my wife corrected my water-no-ice request with "This is your million mile flight, get some sparkling!" The FA responded "Oh yeah, I saw that in the notes." --- that was the recognition <shrug>. Have to admit, I kind of thought the Purser or a FA would have stopped by my seat and said congrats, I guess my expectations were a bit high.

But hey, I'm happy anyway! The best part is being able to give my wife 1K for 2020 (already updated) as she has some travel ahead and I do not.
Congratulations on your achievement I fly out of EZE quite often on UA. I don’t know what it is with the crew on these flights but they’re not overly friendly, seems that they want to feed you put you to bed and that’s it. Sorry you didn’t have the knowledge meant, however we all here Congratulate you!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
Hit 4 million today on NRT-SFO. Card from the GS staff in the (former) GF lounge, mention by purser while looking at app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.