Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Still haven’t heard a word from UA, but looked at the 2mm gifts and to be honest, there’s not one thing I would want. Is there a time limit to choose? Over the upcoming holidays I’ll check if any family member would want anything. Also as I’m now Lifetime Platinum, Will I get the new points upgrade options? Can’t seem to find anything on the UA website regarding this upgrade option on my future flights. (I’m booked for a EWR-CDG in Jan, and wouldn’t mind the option of being able to upgrade).
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus

The moment I made MM. Nothing from the crew, but email from Oscar was there by the time I got home. Just got the package with the tombstone. Nice touch.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by martusd
Crossed 2MM on EWR to HKG last Friday. On the first leg to EWR from DEN, the flight attendant said congrats. The crew on the flight to HKG shoed me out of the cockpit before I could ask the captain about the location on the route where I would cross, etc. even though the flight deck crew said they had plenty of time for questions. Unfortunately I found the HKG based crew to be lame across the board (in both directions) and that came in with no/low expectations.
Not what I expected to hear. We all here on this thread congratulate you
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:27 am

No emails or tombstones for me, just the square card congratulating me on 2MM from the staff at CUN. Staff on board made no mention, I had already been pre upgraded to F and was lucky enough to have an empty seat next to me for the flight home. That was the end of Oct, guess making 2MM is pretty routine these days!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by mauld
No emails or tombstones for me, just the square card congratulating me on 2MM from the staff at CUN. Staff on board made no mention, I had already been pre upgraded to F and was lucky enough to have an empty seat next to me for the flight home. That was the end of Oct, guess making 2MM is pretty routine these days!
Same here.
Staff at CLE gave me candy and the square card (which I will frame )
Otherwise, BAU for me.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
I'll be making my MM qualifying flight on a run to SIN this week. Currently sitting at 989080. Looking forward to this, regardless of whatever the {others} are going to say.
I've taken the long, slow route over the past couple decades, MP member since 1992.
Congratulations to Jet’Dillo who crossed over the one million lifetime miles threshold on UA2 (SIN/SFO) this morning. The crew made a big fuss!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: CONTINENTAL AND NOW UNITED
Red face Infinite 1kr Hitting 1MM...and Thanks for Information.

GREETINGS FINE FOLKS...
Thank you all for your wonderful and informative postings! I guess with so many multi-million milers here, I'm just a new "Pleb" in the Group.
Anyway, as an old retired Continental Client, they already made me Infinite 1kr, when United/Continental Merged; and now when I hit 1MM in February, my wife gets it too...so long as she keeps me alive///LOL...So...My question is, how many of us "Ol Farts' are still around that transferred and became Infinite with United, and then also how many 1MM AND 1krs are there going to be with all this new qualifying stuff?
I did write to Gordon Bethune, Oscar Menoz, and a few others that I met or knew many years ago, and promised to give many, many miles to their favorite United Sponsored Charities upon hitting the 1MM, but have not heard anything back. Remember the days when you could write fine "Orchid Letters," and get a great response...Personally...from Sir Gordon, or Chief of Staff ...Oh well....Mr. Munoz said I could always..."Text????"

Respectfully/ and again, much obliged for these great postings and experiences;

R.J. Morris
sakaike, AndyInSaigon and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by REJM; Nov 21, 2019 at 3:09 pm
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by REJM
GREETINGS FINE FOLKS...
Thank you all for your wonderful and informative postings! I guess with so many multi-million milers here, I'm just a new "Pleb" in the Group.
Anyway, as an old retired Continental Client, they already made me Infinite 1kr, when United/Continental Merged; and now when I hit 1MM in February, my wife gets it too...so long as she keeps me alive///LOL...So...My question is, how many of us "Ol Farts' are still around that transferred and became Infinite with United, and then also how many 1MM AND 1krs are there going to be with all this new qualifying stuff?
I did write to Gordon Bethune, Oscar Menoz, and a few others that I met or knew many years ago, and promised to give many, many miles to their favorite United Sponsored Charities upon hitting the 1MM, but have not heard anything back. Remember the days when you could write fine "Orchid Letters," and get a great response...Personally...from Sir Gordon, or Chief of Staff ...Oh well....Mr. Munoz said I could always..."Text????"

Respectfully/ and again, much obliged for these great postings and experiences;

R.J. Morris
Thanks for the post and congratulations to become a 1 MMer.

Please educate me with history lesson that how infinite 1K status was achieved right after the merger. Under the new system, only 3 MMers get lifetime 1K status.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Thanks for the post and congratulations to become a 1 MMer.

Please educate me with history lesson that how infinite 1K status was achieved right after the merger. Under the new system, only 3 MMers get lifetime 1K status.
I was one too. CO Infinite Elite Platinum mapped to Lifetime 1K at the merger, regardless of MM status. It turns out in my case I was already UA GS at the merger, so it had no impact on me. But those who were <3MM and had pmCO Infinite Elite Platinum became Lifetime 1Ks post merger.

Way-back-when in the CO days, long before the merger, for a time five years in a row of Gold (when it was the highest status) made one Infinite Elite Gold. Since CO's declaration at the time was that we would always be at "the highest level," when Platinum was added (above Bronze, Silver, and Gold), Infinite Elite Golds were upgraded to Infinite Elite Platinum.
UA_Flyer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:04 pm

FINE FOLKS HERE;

JUST CUT AND PASTED THIS BIT TOO...HOPE IT HELPS...

Yes, there are still active Lifetime 1K elites around left over from Continental from the 90s (they were Lifetime Platinum, CO's top tier and became Lifetime 1K with the merger). Those were diehard CO flyers who kept flying CO during the dark days of CO's bankruptcy and among those who helped to keep the airline afloat and eventually emerge from the bankruptcy caused by Lorenzo's actions. All those older CO flyers helped to ensure that there even was a FF program to remain after the bankruptcy. There are many of those former Continental Lifetime 1K elites living in the Houston and NY areas.
What we need is someone like Gordon Bethune who saved Continental because he understood loyalty to employees and loyalty to customers. Good employee morale helped with good customer service. Continental used to have giveaways for fun for customers and lots of rewards for employees. The crowd running UA today has no idea. And to those who say Smisek learned under Bethune, I say whatever he learned from Gordon Bethune he either forgot or never listened. Bethune was an airlines person who came from the operations side. Smisek has an attorney background.
UA_Flyer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Congratulations to Jet’Dillo who crossed over the one million lifetime miles threshold on UA2 (SIN/SFO) this morning. The crew made a big fuss!
Yeah, they made a a bit of a to-do about it this morning. The purser, Storm, came by to present me an envelope which somebody had calligraphed my name and seat # w/ a Sharpie and inside was a UA-logo'ed notecard which the whole crew had signed. After we touched down and they were going through the "we'll be taxi-ing for a few more moments" announcements, they also "wanted to make a special announcement congratulating Mr. Jet'Dillo on completing 1 MILLION(announcer's emphasis) miles with United on today's flight". Cue soft applause throughout the cabin. It was pretty cool and I definitely felt gushed over.

It was great to meet and chat w/ you for a few moments ContinentalFan . Good luck w/ your next milestone quest!
Flying Machine, gokeeper and 8MiHi like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:46 am

YES! CONGRATS TO SIR JET'DILLO....I LOVE THE NEW SAN FRANCISCO AIRPORT POLARIS AND YOUR FINE AREA...(Politics omitted...lol)...and have fond memories of Height and Ashby Streets...and the Bazerkeley Restaurants acrsss the bay....Oh...did you let United know in advance that you were passing your fine 1MM milestone? Like you, I spent a long time with One Pass and now United, and not all during a short period of time.. Best always; R.J>
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: UA MM
Got an email from Oscar congratulating me on 1 MM yesterday (full 2 weeks and 2 flights after completing 1 MM miles). What is this square card everyone keeps talking about?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by pindi
Got an email from Oscar congratulating me on 1 MM yesterday (full 2 weeks and 2 flights after completing 1 MM miles). What is this square card everyone keeps talking about?
Appears to be specific to above 1MM - posts that cite it are for 2MM.

David
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:58 pm

2MM

This is the generic MM card I received
Originally Posted by DELee
Appears to be specific to above 1MM - posts that cite it are for 2MM.

David
Ummm, not this recent (Oct 2019), 2MM achiever. As posted, the only recognition I received was from the 3 gate staff in CUN, who haltingly read from the square card prior to my boarding. No mention on flight, nor any email, or contact in the month since. If I hadn't seen the info on the 2MM gift here on FT, I wouldn't have known about it. My UA account, does state 2MM, but aside from that, nada. Awaiting (hopefully), for info from UA about gift.

Last edited by mauld; Nov 23, 2019 at 5:13 pm Reason: Add card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.