Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:01 am

hit 2.3M yesterday flying over to LHR...getting close to 1/3 of the way from 2->3M.
every time I've called into the GS call center last few weeks, I've gotten 'thanks for being 2M+' - nice touch. always curious at where it goes from one of many, to something unique in an airline this big
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:13 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by johnsmith
hit 2.3M yesterday flying over to LHR...getting close to 1/3 of the way from 2->3M.
every time I've called into the GS call center last few weeks, I've gotten 'thanks for being 2M+' - nice touch. always curious at where it goes from one of many, to something unique in an airline this big
Presuming you have some life expectancy left, you're going to be there for sure. Given the 3 & 4M milers are even rare on the self-selecting FT you have to imagine that they are even more rare relative to the gen pop.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by mauld
Didn't think so, but apparently 'DELee' has the impression that one will be forthcoming -- but maybe they were referring to the Welcome 1MM Kit ??
No "gift" expected. I just wanted to show what at least I got as "Million Miler" kit as a 1K. And the potential irony of Oscar personally guaranteeing that I'll not ever fall below Premier Gold depending on what happens with 1MM *gold status as MP evolves/devolves to DP (that's DollarsPlus...).

David
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
The fact that as a 2MM will garner me Lifetime Platinum status, was enough to motivate me to go for those last few mileage runs. When I achieved 1MM, other than a uniformed letter with a luggage tag, I didn't receive any recognition. But to be honest, at that time UA wasn't making a big deal of it, and I got the letter at about the 1.4mm mark. I should cross the 2MM somewhere over the gulf coast Wed, on my way home to EWR. If there is any recognition of this effort, (which I sincerely doubt), I'll post it here.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Crossed 1MM a few hours ago flying LAX-MEL (thankfully, in J). Was recognized and thanked by FAs on LAX-MEL (who were also generally spectacular throughout), and was also greeted and thanked on SFO-LAX immediately prior, both of which were nice touches – didn't preannounce or really mention to any staff except in passing at boarding on LAX-MEL, so was pleased.

By total coincidence, the calendar date in US time that I hit 1MM coincided exactly with the fifth anniversary of my first flight on UA, which was a nice (and, I'd stress, unintentional!) touch.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by mauld
I should cross the 2MM somewhere over the gulf coast Wed, on my way home to EWR. If there is any recognition of this effort, (which I sincerely doubt), I'll post it here.
Back home now. At CUN after scanning my BP & passport, I was motioned aside. I thought it was for a secondary screening, but there were 3 UA reps who read to me from the card congratulating me on reaching 1MM status. When I attempted to correct them, they just smiled. ( Granted, there was a definite language barrier) The card I got definitely said Million Miler, and 'there are a million ways we can say thanks..... Additionally, the 3 were pretty impressed and kept pointing out Oscar Munoz' signature. Other than that nothing different on my flight.

PS just checked my UA account, and it does show 2mm/ Lifetime Platinum��

Last edited by mauld; Oct 30, 2019 at 5:14 pm
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat | *G
Congrats to the newly minted million miler on UA727 today. Not sure if they’re on FT but hope he/she will show their face here.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Global Entry, Avis President's Club
Count me in as a new member of the club! Passed 1MM earlier today. Got recognized twice. My first flight of the day was PHL-DEN. Gate agent called me by name during pre-boarding announcing me as a newly minted 1MM and thanking me for my business, and allowed me to pre-board. They also handed me the "Oscar card" with a nice handwritten note of congratulations from the PHL Global Services rep (even though I've never been GS). They also gave me a fairly nice (if a bit gaudy) United pen. People in the boarding area applauded. I took my seat in E+. As other folks came on board, a few of them remarked/asked why I wasn't in first class. I remarked that I haven't seen the front of the plane in years. They laughed knowingly in agreement.

Funny thing is, I didn't really pass 1MM until my second leg of the day, DEN-SNA. For that flight, nothing from the Gate Agents, but once on board, a flight attendant came by and asked if I was aware that I would be making 1MM on the flight. I let her know that I certainly did. She congratulated me on my "achievement" and thanked me for my business. For fun, I ordered a red wine and offered my drink chit. They refused to take it. That was a nice gesture. No flight map from the cockpit, which would have been nice. I did not expect any proactive recognition, so the small gestures over the course of the day were a nice, pleasant surprise.

My heavy flying days are long gone, so I will never come close to 2MM. I am now free to be a free agent. I'll continue to fly UA when they're the cheapest and/or most convenient. E+ for life will be nice, as well as BG2. Although I am currently Platinum this year, I will never fly enough to qualify for Platinum or 1K ever again, so this Gold "backstop" is coming at just the right time. I've had a nice run with UA all these years, but I'm transactional now, and I'm pretty sure UA is happy with that.
UA_Flyer and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K; Marriott Au; Hyatt Dsc
I am going to cross 1MM on UA35 tomorrow (7-NOV) about 400 miles prior to landing. We are in PZ class so I await to see what (if any) recognition I will get....

Update: Just prior to landing (about 300 miles after crossing the 1MM mark), I was greeted by the chief purser and congratulated for crossing 1MM and thanked for my loyalty. Low key and nicely done; the system did keep track of exactly which flight would push me over the 1MM mark.

Last edited by aerokitty; Nov 9, 2019 at 12:21 am
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I crossed the 2MM mark yesterday. Great crew - the pilots let me know they had received an email about it a couple days prior.
Flying Machine and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: UA MM
Not automatic recognition

I was going to hit 1 MM on my return trip from Beijing yesterday. I had called about special meal ordering last week and mentioned to the agent that I'll be hitting the milestone on my return trip. She said "Let me make a note of that here". I was not expecting anything and I got exactly that - nothing. A few minutes after boarding, I walked up to the purser and asked if I could get a copy of the flight path with the mile marked (for my 1 MM crossover). She said "Why don't you go ask the captain?" and sent me to the cockpit. When I went there, the captain was missing but the first officers were there. They gave me a marked flight path and said "I am sure the captain would want to meet you" - and in walked the captain. He was very very nice, congratulated me and signed the flight path with a personal message. He then said "Usually folks take photos in my seat for such occasions...". I ran back to my seat for my phone and brought my 12 yr old along. The captain "posed" us individually in his seat, pointing out which hand goes where for the best photo :-) etc.... It was super cute. He put his cap on my daughter for her photo. Overall a very nice experience there. When I got back to my seat, the FA asked me what all the fuss was about. When I told her, she said "That's nice". Later in the flight, another FA came and congratulated me. Towards the end of the flight, the first FA came and gave me PJs from Polaris as a gift (we were in E+) :-) :-)

The app showed me a million miler within an hour of landing. Am glad I did not expect any fanfare!

Last edited by pindi; Nov 11, 2019 at 10:06 am
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by pindi
I was going to hit 1 MM on my return trip from Beijing yesterday. I had called about special meal ordering last week and mentioned to the agent that I'll be hitting the milestone on my return trip. She said "Let me make a note of that here". I was not expecting anything and I got exactly that - nothing. A few minutes after boarding, I walked up to the purser and asked if I could get a copy of the flight path with the mile marked (for my 1 MM crossover). She said "Why don't you go ask the captain?" and sent me to the cockpit. When I went there, the captain was missing but the first officers were there. They gave me a marked flight path and said "I am sure the captain would want to meet you" - and in walked the captain. He was very very nice, congratulated me and signed the flight path with a personal message. He then said "Usually folks take photos in my seat for such occasions...". I ran back to my seat for my phone and brought my 12 yr old along. The captain "posed" us individually in his seat, pointing out which hand goes where for the best photo :-) etc.... It was super cute. He put his cap on my daughter for her photo. Overall a very nice experience there. When I got back to my seat, the FA asked me what all the fuss was about. When I told her, she said "That's nice". Later in the flight, another FA came and congratulated me. Towards the end of the flight, the first FA came and gave me PJs from Polaris as a gift (we were in E+) :-) :-)

The app showed me a million miler within an hour of landing. Am glad I did not expect any fanfare!
Nice experience to share with your daughter, I did my million miler flight with my college age son and he really enjoyed it as well. In my prior posts they pulled out all the stops from a gift at boarding to photos in the cockpit to recognition on board with champagne at the mile point Along with the chart at map with the exact location (I did type them a little note to the flight deck as to the mile marker where I will achieve the status) was a great day all in all and so happy you had the same
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
I'll be making my MM qualifying flight on a run to SIN this week. Currently sitting at 989080. Looking forward to this, regardless of whatever the {others} are going to say.
I've taken the long, slow route over the past couple decades, MP member since 1992.
Flying Machine likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 12, 2019 at 11:59 am Reason: removed commentary on other posters
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by cawhite
I crossed the 2MM mark yesterday. Great crew - the pilots let me know they had received an email about it a couple days prior.
Congrats! I hit 2MM about four years ago while traveling from HKG-SFO; no recognition, which was fine, but it's always cool to hear about others receiving it.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
I'll be making my MM qualifying flight on a run to SIN this week. Currently sitting at 989080. Looking forward to this, regardless of whatever the {others} are going to say.
I've taken the long, slow route over the past couple decades, MP member since 1992.
That's what I call staying power !!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 12, 2019 at 12:00 pm Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.