Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:50 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by wxguy
Well my FT friends, it just happened: Four Million Miles. This morning on UA449 BOS-ORD.

i arrived at the UC in BOS to a nice welcome from GS. A few minutes later my phone rang -- and it was Oscar! He thanked me for this achievement, with regrets that he could not greet me personally. Of course I replied, "Thanks, Oscar!" And you know what he replied ��

At the gate, I was met by BOS station management and a VP who happened to be in town. They had a "4M" balloon, a few gifts, and a card signed by the BOS staff.

On board, the Captain gave me a signed copy of the flight plan and made a PA exactly 200 miles into the flight as the milestone was reached.

On arrival, I was met by a GS agent and given a "one time exception" to visit the Polaris Lounge, accompanying my partner who is on his way to NRT then BKK.

If anyone is around, I'm flying 790 back to BOS at 6pm. Come say hi!

Thanks, United, it's been a great ride. On to 5MM!
Congratulations 🎊🍾 as others have already said, never having to worry about reaching GS in the future is great. The BOS team really did an outstanding job. I’m a bit biased but they are as good as any team I’ve run into. I’m just coming up on 4.7MM and should hit 5MM mid/late next year at my current travel rate.

I have to ask, did Oscar say “de nada”:-)
wxguy likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:32 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Congratulations wxguy!
wxguy likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, UA, AA, CX, SQ
Grinding it out painfully slowly.... 24 years later, nearly none from business travel, barely hitting 1MM by Nov 2018
seenitall likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by williambruno1975
Grinding it out painfully slowly.... 24 years later, nearly none from business travel, barely hitting 1MM by Nov 2018
As a long time Mid-Tier Master I celebrate your struggle. :-:
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, 1K
Crossed the 1MM mark back in January. The FA congratulated me and offered me an extra snack. No big deal and that was okay by me. The excitement came when hubby got his matching status. He is currently traveling on the east coast and loved boarding the plane before Group 1. His excitement is priceless!
ContinentalFan and 8MiHi like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
I've flown well over 1mm BIS miles in my lifetime, however only accumulated about 750k toward the MM target on UA. Way back in the day my flying was mainly on DL, then I switched to NW/CO. Didn't get all the CO credit post-merger that I probably should have, but I figure I'll hit 1MM sometime in 2021. Hopefully, the benefits aren't diluted by then!
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: Various
I haven't hit 1MM status yet, and won't for another two-ish months, but I just realized that the flight I booked today will take me across that threshold. It won't really change my flying patterns or anything for my travel companion (spouse is 1k), but I still feel oddly pleased to be at this point.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by mechteach
I haven't hit 1MM status yet, and won't for another two-ish months, but I just realized that the flight I booked today will take me across that threshold. It won't really change my flying patterns or anything for my travel companion (spouse is 1k), but I still feel oddly pleased to be at this point.
Congrats and welcome (soon) to the club. Happy travels!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Congrats and welcome (soon) to the club. Happy travels!
Thanks so much!
Old May 6, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Million Miles

I’ve been searching for 10 minutes for information on making Million Miler. I’ve read on blogs that United sometimes surprises you with a card or special gift.

I cant figure out though, which of the 4 flights I’m taking next week would put me over, or as I believe, my June flight will do it. My flight next weekend is from DTW to IAH to LAS with same return. The accrual for that trip is as follows : Award Miles 7488 and 9192 PQM. I have 991,550 Lifetime Miles. I’ll have 999,038 after all segments clear, I think. The ticket is 1st Class but I know those extra miles don’t count towards Million Miles. And my flight in June is United Express, so I’m not expecting a party. I’m just wondering if I’m adding this correctly, and if other Million Milers could tell me how they were told.

Please do move this to the proper forum, I couldn’t find anything searching. Thanks!

Old May 6, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
There's this: UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread
and this: Million Mile Milestone Gifts and Recognition

...and CONGRATS!
Old May 6, 2019, 2:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thaliajen
I’ve been searching for 10 minutes for information on making Million Miler. I’ve read on blogs that United sometimes surprises you with a card or special gift.

I cant figure out though, which of the 4 flights I’m taking next week would put me over, or as I believe, my June flight will do it. My flight next weekend is from DTW to IAH to LAS with same return. The accrual for that trip is as follows : Award Miles 7488 and 9192 PQM. I have 991,550 Lifetime Miles. I’ll have 999,038 after all segments clear, I think. The ticket is 1st Class but I know those extra miles don’t count towards Million Miles. And my flight in June is United Express, so I’m not expecting a party. I’m just wondering if I’m adding this correctly, and if other Million Milers could tell me how they were told.

Please do move this to the proper forum, I couldn’t find anything searching. Thanks!
If you get recognition on your "crossover" flight, it will only be because someone on the crew notices it - there isn't a UA process in place to provide that recognition. What you will get is a package in the mail with a letter and small gift memorializing your new status.
cawhite likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
DTW-IAH-LAS round trip will net you about 4,600 miles for lifetime miles calculation.

Crossing 1 million will happen after this trip.

Early congrats!
boss315 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:56 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Things have clearly changed. I never received any recognition on a flight, let alone a gift from UA. In fact, the year I made it was the year they reneged on the annual gift of two RPUs, so more of a slap in the face than a gift. As I approach 2 million (next year) I don't expect anything either!
Old May 6, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Silver
i hit mine flying from HKG to ORD and nothing was mentioned by any GA or FA or pilot. Set expectations extremely low (ie its a normal flight)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.