Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old May 6, 19, 2:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 28, 19, 1:32 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Congratulations wxguy!
wxguy likes this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 11:54 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, UA, AA, CX, SQ
Grinding it out painfully slowly.... 24 years later, nearly none from business travel, barely hitting 1MM by Nov 2018
seenitall likes this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM Platinum, UC Lifetime , HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by williambruno1975 View Post
Grinding it out painfully slowly.... 24 years later, nearly none from business travel, barely hitting 1MM by Nov 2018
As a long time Mid-Tier Master I celebrate your struggle.
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, 1K
Crossed the 1MM mark back in January. The FA congratulated me and offered me an extra snack. No big deal and that was okay by me. The excitement came when hubby got his matching status. He is currently traveling on the east coast and loved boarding the plane before Group 1. His excitement is priceless!
ContinentalFan and 8MiHi like this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
I've flown well over 1mm BIS miles in my lifetime, however only accumulated about 750k toward the MM target on UA. Way back in the day my flying was mainly on DL, then I switched to NW/CO. Didn't get all the CO credit post-merger that I probably should have, but I figure I'll hit 1MM sometime in 2021. Hopefully, the benefits aren't diluted by then!
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Apr 5, 19, 1:18 pm

Programs: Various
I haven't hit 1MM status yet, and won't for another two-ish months, but I just realized that the flight I booked today will take me across that threshold. It won't really change my flying patterns or anything for my travel companion (spouse is 1k), but I still feel oddly pleased to be at this point.
Old Apr 5, 19, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM ★G | DL Silver | Marriott LT Ti | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre
Originally Posted by mechteach View Post
I haven't hit 1MM status yet, and won't for another two-ish months, but I just realized that the flight I booked today will take me across that threshold. It won't really change my flying patterns or anything for my travel companion (spouse is 1k), but I still feel oddly pleased to be at this point.
Congrats and welcome (soon) to the club. Happy travels!
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:35 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by jjmoore View Post
Congrats and welcome (soon) to the club. Happy travels!
Thanks so much!
Old May 6, 19, 1:53 am

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Million Miles

Iíve been searching for 10 minutes for information on making Million Miler. Iíve read on blogs that United sometimes surprises you with a card or special gift.

I cant figure out though, which of the 4 flights Iím taking next week would put me over, or as I believe, my June flight will do it. My flight next weekend is from DTW to IAH to LAS with same return. The accrual for that trip is as follows : Award Miles 7488 and 9192 PQM. I have 991,550 Lifetime Miles. Iíll have 999,038 after all segments clear, I think. The ticket is 1st Class but I know those extra miles donít count towards Million Miles. And my flight in June is United Express, so Iím not expecting a party. Iím just wondering if Iím adding this correctly, and if other Million Milers could tell me how they were told.

Please do move this to the proper forum, I couldnít find anything searching. Thanks!

Old May 6, 19, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC
There's this: UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread
and this: Million Mile Milestone Gifts and Recognition

...and CONGRATS!
Old May 6, 19, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thaliajen View Post
Iíve been searching for 10 minutes for information on making Million Miler. Iíve read on blogs that United sometimes surprises you with a card or special gift.

I cant figure out though, which of the 4 flights Iím taking next week would put me over, or as I believe, my June flight will do it. My flight next weekend is from DTW to IAH to LAS with same return. The accrual for that trip is as follows : Award Miles 7488 and 9192 PQM. I have 991,550 Lifetime Miles. Iíll have 999,038 after all segments clear, I think. The ticket is 1st Class but I know those extra miles donít count towards Million Miles. And my flight in June is United Express, so Iím not expecting a party. Iím just wondering if Iím adding this correctly, and if other Million Milers could tell me how they were told.

Please do move this to the proper forum, I couldnít find anything searching. Thanks!
If you get recognition on your "crossover" flight, it will only be because someone on the crew notices it - there isn't a UA process in place to provide that recognition. What you will get is a package in the mail with a letter and small gift memorializing your new status.
cawhite likes this.
Old May 6, 19, 3:23 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
DTW-IAH-LAS round trip will net you about 4,600 miles for lifetime miles calculation.

Crossing 1 million will happen after this trip.

Early congrats!
boss315 likes this.
Old May 6, 19, 8:56 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.8MM 1K , HHonors Gold, Marriott Plat (hah!), Best Western Plat, Hertz #1 Gold PC, Avis Preferred
Things have clearly changed. I never received any recognition on a flight, let alone a gift from UA. In fact, the year I made it was the year they reneged on the annual gift of two RPUs, so more of a slap in the face than a gift. As I approach 2 million (next year) I don't expect anything either!
Old May 6, 19, 9:13 am

Programs: UA GS, Delta Silver
i hit mine flying from HKG to ORD and nothing was mentioned by any GA or FA or pilot. Set expectations extremely low (ie its a normal flight)
Old May 6, 19, 9:30 am

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
No fuss was made when I hit the MM mark. But two weeks ago, a friend had the purser come greet and thank him on the leg where he crossed the MM threshold - EWR to SFO.

Search this Thread