Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold
I reached 1MM this past Sunday HNL-SFO, and didn't hear anything from the FA's.
RobotDoctor likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JAaronT
How far away are you from 1MM? I’m currently about 50k and should hit it Q1.
To answer my own question, just got this email at 966k.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
I finally made 1MM yesterday on my flight from LAX-MEL. Woohoo! Got a shout out from the captain when we started our descent into Melbourne.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Crossed the MM threshold on a flight DEN-PHL last Monday. No peep about my status from gate attendants, flight attendants, or pilots. Haven't heard anything from Oscar either. Did manage to complete the companion enrollment - my wife's pretty happy.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by fzwinter
my wife's pretty happy.
And that, my friend, is worth far more than any UA recognition.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Crossed 1mm this week LAX-ORD. I had tweeted at United thanking the for the CPU and how nice it was for my million mile flight. Didn’t ask for anything or say anything more than that. GS agent was waiting for my at the gate and when I scanned my boarding pass, she pulled me over and gave me the attached thank you card, shook my hand and genuinely thanked me for my loyalty and business. On board the FA was properly confused by the notes on the manifest and ask me “are you celebrating a special anniversary or something?” I told her of my feat and she very nicely congratulated me and then moved on taking lunch orders.

All in all I was happy. I hadn’t expected much at all so any little recognition was quite a nice surprise.

MM thank you note
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I crossed the million mile mark on Sunday morning, 1/20 from ORD-MSY. No recognition... perhaps it's SOP but also likely it's because this flight was supposed to fly on 1/19 but due to the snow in Chicago was delayed 13.5 hours lol. It is pretty funny telling people my million miler flight was 13 hours delayed.

I did end up asking the crew on the flight to sign my boarding pass so I do have that as a souvenir of the milestone.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA: MM
I reached the million mile mark somewhere between Iceland and Greenland Saturday morning on 879. The purser stopped by before departure and said something like "million miles this trip, sounds like a party." I thanked her and replied "party, not so much, but it is a lot of miles." She thanked me again when they made the rounds before landing.

I did take pictures of the flight map. I needed 1,365 miles and managed a shot at 1,361 and 1,375 (after the refresh) as well as the overhead view of the map so that is cool.

FWIW
DLM
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Just made 1MM Monday night, on UA390 SFO-ORD, about 600 miles east of SFO (wifi down, so not sure on map). Great crew, got flightdeck pic
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by salisboss
I'll probably never make it (TATL flights just don't generate that much) but finishing 2018 at 228,555 miles.
They do if you start out on the West Coast of the US!

I wonder if the likelihood of having the threshold recognized is higher if you're flying hub-to-hub. A quick scan of the most recent posts suggests that this may be the case, although I have no idea why that would be.

I'm not exactly sure on what leg I'll hit 1MM, but I'm projecting that to happen in May ... I'm guessing it'll be a DCA-IAH or BWI-IAH leg.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I finally made it to 1MM yesterday, LIS-EWR, at EXACTLY 1,000 miles from EWR. I was able to snap a photo of the moving map showing 1,000 miles to my destination. Bad headwinds probably contributed to my ability to hit it on the head, moving map-wise. No recognition from UA, but I'm not one for having people make a fuss over me.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:18 am

I made it! A little over a week ago, I reached 1MM flying from SFO to NRT. I got a picture in the cockpit and stayed awake long enough to snap a picture of the map when crossing the 1MM mark. The GS team had prepared a cake to celebrate when I landed. As for the in-flight crew, they were very kind and made sure I had a glass of champagne when I crossed 1MM. Quick note: It seems the system takes a several days to update to calculation of the actual flight. As it wasn't until a couple of flights later, when the in-flight crew received a notification on their app to congratulate me. You can imagine my confusion, when the in-flight crew congratulate me on hitting my 1MM milestone as I boarded after I have already hit it a few days prior and my status was already updated on the UA app. None the less, I am very excited to join the MM club..
SS255 and 8MiHi like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kitto
I made it! A little over a week ago, I reached 1MM flying from SFO to NRT. I got a picture in the cockpit and stayed awake long enough to snap a picture of the map when crossing the 1MM mark. The GS team had prepared a cake to celebrate when I landed. As for the in-flight crew, they were very kind and made sure I had a glass of champagne when I crossed 1MM. Quick note: It seems the system takes a several days to update to calculation of the actual flight. As it wasn't until a couple of flights later, when the in-flight crew received a notification on their app to congratulate me. You can imagine my confusion, when the in-flight crew congratulate me on hitting my 1MM milestone as I boarded after I have already hit it a few days prior and my status was already updated on the UA app. None the less, I am very excited to join the MM club..
Congratulations! Welcome to the club! Happy to hear that united recognized your achievement albeit twice... Remember to pick your companion now.
Kitto likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Will be crossing 1MM on Thursday night (02/25/2019) on UA2410 LAX-MCO (red-eye flight)... been a long haul to this point flying mainly domestic (25% of this total was done on ERJ-145 / CRJ-200 / CRJ-700). A considerable amount of int'l lies ahead of me, and I'm looking forward to the millions more to come! I will have a happy wife, who lost her Gold status after January this year and has been sloughing it in E- this month.

Update: It actually happened on 2/27/2019 (last night) on LAX-EWR UA2224. Was even lucky enough to clear my RPU at the gate. Had a couple schedule changes and ended up staying in LA a bit longer.

Last edited by jjmoore; Feb 28, 2019 at 8:14 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh

I feel your pain and will assure you the difference between 1K and GS is real, although the pre-boarding of 1K’s was a big improvement for that status. I tell people that I now feel like I’m being treated like a customer :-) The upgrade hit rate is the biggest benefit for those of us buying coach tickets. The BOS, my home base, GS team is really good. Good luck on getting to 4MM soon.
Agree BOS GS team is really good. They approached me on one of my SJC-BOS-SJC flights last September to hand me a gift and congratulate on my crossing 3MM.

Originally Posted by shelby101
At 2,990,668 miles and heading to Singapore this week.
Will pass to LT 1K on flight.
Wife excited about that.
This January on my SFO-SIN flight, captain announced 1 passenger crossing 1MM and another crossing 3MM. It caused a bit of ooh-aahs amongst some passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.