Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: 2.1MM
Well I did it, I crossed 2MM this past Monday about 1000 miles out of SFO coming from China. I mentioned it to one of the flight attendants as nothing special seemed to be happening. He said that was great and I asked if he could get the route plan from the caption so I could have it as a souvenir. He said he would ask, about 2 hours later the caption comes back and give me a congrats and presents me with the flight route signed by 2 of the four pilots on the flight. He also state he was sorry that he did not get notified of my crossing 2MM. He said most of the time they do but the ground staff at some airports are better than others so I suspect the staff at the Chengdu airport did not say anything. Any way, the rest of the flight was great and all the flight attendants were congratulating me and very attentive the rest of the flight and upon landing made a special announcement about my crossing 2MM. Now I have to chose my gift and try for 3MM.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wantmiles
Well I did it, I crossed 2MM this past Monday about 1000 miles out of SFO coming from China. I mentioned it to one of the flight attendants as nothing special seemed to be happening. He said that was great and I asked if he could get the route plan from the caption so I could have it as a souvenir. He said he would ask, about 2 hours later the caption comes back and give me a congrats and presents me with the flight route signed by 2 of the four pilots on the flight. He also state he was sorry that he did not get notified of my crossing 2MM. He said most of the time they do but the ground staff at some airports are better than others so I suspect the staff at the Chengdu airport did not say anything. Any way, the rest of the flight was great and all the flight attendants were congratulating me and very attentive the rest of the flight and upon landing made a special announcement about my crossing 2MM. Now I have to chose my gift and try for 3MM.
Congratulations and great to hear!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA GS
Crossed 1MM on FRA-ORD a few weeks back...stuck in biz in the old 3-cabin (inside seat no less), unable to use a GPU to GF because fare class. A few FAs stopped by to say congrats, but otherwise no hoopla. So, fairly representative of all the flights up to that point...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CO4EVR
Crossed 1MM on FRA-ORD a few weeks back...stuck in biz in the old 3-cabin (inside seat no less), unable to use a GPU to GF because fare class. A few FAs stopped by to say congrats, but otherwise no hoopla. So, fairly representative of all the flights up to that point...
congratulations on your achievement! Great milestone to pass, did you apply for your companion benefits?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold 1 MM
On August 25, I'll cross the 1MM mark on UA flight 1052 ORD to LAX. Any tips on what to expect crossing this milestone? Or I shouldn't expect much from United at this point? Any advice will be helpful.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DAsis
On August 25, I'll cross the 1MM mark on UA flight 1052 ORD to LAX. Any tips on what to expect crossing this milestone? Or I shouldn't expect much from United at this point? Any advice will be helpful.
Expect nothing. Seems that if you let UA know per posts above, they might have something for you. Enjoy and well done.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:03 am

Thanks kirkwookj for the heads up. I guess loyalty doesn't mean much these days :-(
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by DAsis
Thanks kirkwookj for the heads up. I guess loyalty doesn't mean much these days :-(
It means the companion benefit and lifetime Gold, which is absolutely worth more than a "congrats" from the flight crew in my opinion.
sbm12, RobOnLI, kirkwoodj and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Just passed 1 million on a flight to AMS. No recognition at all by crew or at gate, although I wasn’t expecting any. Just another pond crossing in the middle
of the night.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Actually, if you know a g/a or 2, in your home base, or are friends with some United Club agents, and drop a few hints, you'll get recognized somewhere on your sojourn. Word does have a way of spreading by aggressive cool employees! Others have indicated that they received recognition, "Out of The Blue", but that scenario seems rare indeed!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:18 am

Congratulations skipmnyc on passing the 1 MM mark. I'll be doing the same tonight ORD to LAX.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Two Bee
Actually, if you know a g/a or 2, in your home base, or are friends with some United Club agents, and drop a few hints, you'll get recognized somewhere on your sojourn. Word does have a way of spreading by aggressive cool employees! Others have indicated that they received recognition, "Out of The Blue", but that scenario seems rare indeed!
I’m not the kind of person to drop hints or ask for
special treatment, I’d be embarrassed to even try that. I fly 100k + miles a year for work, which is running an international humanitarian organization. I don’t see much glamor on the job - or getting to and from it. But when there’s an irrops issue I have to say UA really does take care of it (they have rarely failed me, and I know this is not the experience of others), and that’s the only thing that matters in the end. Sometimes I look forward to the day when I turn into a homebody!
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
2MM

Hi All...it was an uneventful afternoon flight on August 17, 2018 from ORD to LAS. The most noteworthy part was moving from my original aisle to across the aisle to allow a couple to sit together and then being asked to move ten minutes later to accommodate another couple … all still in front so all good.

Nothing of note otherwise nor any notice by UA. I snoozed instead as it was an early flight and work was required upon landing.

...UA has taken solid care of me during irrops and such so a grind but not horrible...and I do end up using all my upgrades each year so the bennies are goog.
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: UA-GS 4M, Hilton Diamond , Marriott Platinum
4MM on 20 Sept

if all goes according to plan, I will be passing 4MM on UA838 somewhere between NRT and SFO ON 20 Sep !!
Finally!
It took a while, but it has been smooth sailing most of the time. I appreciate the many times UA went out of their way to help during IRROPS, and am still annoyed I missed the lifetime club membership by 3000 miles when UA retired that perk at 2MM. Still, all in all, it’s been a great experience until now.

Now, if that GPU would just clear so I don t have to be in coach when I pass the milestone, that would be fantastic! ;-)
narvik and tstauck like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by totorn
....and am still annoyed I missed the lifetime club membership by 3000 miles when UA retired that perk at 2MM.

You did 2MM in 6 years?

I doff my cap to you sir/madam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.