Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by westleyl
Uh oh. Should I be worried?
Originally Posted by SFHokie
I crossed the 1MM mark last week flying PVG-SFO-SEA and was rewarded with two cancelled flights and an unplanned overnight stay at SFO!

Things went pretty much downhill after the penultimate 747 out of PVG was cancelled after sitting on the plane for three hours and I rebooked PVG-LAX-SFO-SEA thinking I'd make it to SEA that day only to have the LAX flight also go mechanical after boarding and sitting on it for 1.5 hours and missing the last connection to SEA.

On a more positive note, I'll hit 1K for the first time since 2011 on the return trip SEA-SFO-PVG.

Total time to go from 0 to 1MM: 16 years, 1 month, and a few days.

Welcome to the club sorry that you had some MX issues on your journey but that's all behind you now.. Congratulations and welcome to the club
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Welcome to the club sorry that you had some MX issues on your journey but that's all behind you now.. Congratulations and welcome to the club
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
What a reward! Congrats! Here's to me hoping I can do it in half the time as you!
I can't complain too much about the mechanical issue; the delay afforded time to chat with the pilots and snap a picture of me in the First Officers seat! Also managed to get confirmed on a later flight with guaranteed biz class seat even though I was flying on a W fare (and no RN space available)!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SFHokie
I can't complain too much about the mechanical issue; the delay afforded time to chat with the pilots and snap a picture of me in the First Officers seat! Also managed to get confirmed on a later flight with guaranteed biz class seat even though I was flying on a W fare (and no RN space available)!
Nicely executed, making the best of an IRROP!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Nicely executed, making the best of an IRROP!
Most definitely! It did help that I called United while waiting to go back through Chinese immigration to inquire about rebooking rather than attempting to work with the gate agents at PVG (who had to process literally hundreds of passengers for the cancelled flight then process hundreds for the PVG-LAX flight which was up next).

The agents I've encountered at PVG are great, just not sure how flexible they are when it comes to IRROPs.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Crossed 1MM on a mileage run over Veterans Day weekend: SIN-LAX. I thought there'd be no mention, but just before landing the purser came to my seat, addressed me by name, and congratulated me for reaching one million lifetime miles. Then he handed me a bottle of wine, wrapped in a "747" sock from Polaris class (I was in E+). He told me there was one other 1MM flyer on the flight -- I guess he got the other sock.

The tricky part was figuring out how to get that bottle of wine home: all I had with me was a small backpack for this trip, which I had to check from LAX-IAH with the bottle in it. So there I was, at LAX, dog-tired, toting just a little Starbucks paper bag with my passport and cell phone. What a sight!

Still, it was totally worth it. I joined MP in 1985.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by busyexec331
Crossed 1MM on a mileage run over Veterans Day weekend: SIN-LAX. I thought there'd be no mention, but just before landing the purser came to my seat, addressed me by name, and congratulated me for reaching one million lifetime miles. Then he handed me a bottle of wine, wrapped in a "747" sock from Polaris class (I was in E+). He told me there was one other 1MM flyer on the flight -- I guess he got the other sock.

The tricky part was figuring out how to get that bottle of wine home: all I had with me was a small backpack for this trip, which I had to check from LAX-IAH with the bottle in it. So there I was, at LAX, dog-tired, toting just a little Starbucks paper bag with my passport and cell phone. What a sight!

Still, it was totally worth it. I joined MP in 1985.
Nice story and Welcome to the club! I see you are very efficient in updating your stationary as well
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Close to 4 MM

Received the following in an email yesterday. It is a nice touch!

I should be crossing the 4 Million-Mile mark in about 4 weeks.

Dear UA_Flyer,

We've noticed that you've flown United® a lot. So much so that you're approaching an extraordinary achievement: flying four million miles with us. Once you reach your milestone, we look forward to providing you with benefits that reflect your accomplishment and loyalty, including status that does not fall below United Global Services®.

We appreciate your continued trust in our airline, and look forward to welcoming you on board as a 4 Million Miler in the near future.

Thank you for flying with us.

Sincerely,

Oscar Munoz
CEO
United Airlines
Two Bee likes this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Nov 16, 2017 at 3:09 pm
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:05 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Crossed the 2MM mark today on UA 1106 (SFO->SNA). Had been upgraded on this 738 at the 96-hour mark. After scanning my BP at the SFO gate, and starting down the jetway, a Special Services/GS concierge ran up to me, introduced herself, congratulated me on the feat, and gave me a congratulatory card from Oscar. Nice touch, and great flight.

Took about 13 years to move from 1MM to 2MM: the challenge/bane of a basically short-haul, largely West Coast domestic flyer.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

Agreed that it's a nice touch! But disagree with the actual contents being the same email I received in August just before I hit 1MM. At 4MM I would've expected a bit more personalization!

Dear SFHokie,

We've noticed that you've flown United® a lot. So much so that you're approaching an extraordinary achievement: flying one million miles with us. Once you reach your milestone, we look forward to providing you with benefits that reflect your accomplishment and loyalty, including status that does not fall below Premier® Gold.*We appreciate your continued trust in our airline, and look forward to welcoming you on board as a 1 Million Miler in the near future.Thank you for flying with us.Sincerely,
Oscar Munoz
CEO
United Airlines
And then the email when I crossed the 1MM mark ...

Dear Richard,Congratulations on flying one million miles with United®.We are working hard every day to provide you with a seamless journey, and are honored to help you celebrate this incredible achievement. To recognize your extraordinary milestone, we're excited to award you United MileagePlus® Premier® Gold status. You can always earn a higher status as you travel, but you will never fall below Premier Gold. You can also designate a companion* each year to share your earned status. Your credentials will arrive in the mail within the next four to six weeks.I sincerely appreciate your continued business and trust in our airline. Our team looks forward to welcoming you on board again soon as a Million Miler.

Thank you for flying with us.

Oscar Munoz
CEO
United Airlines
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Nice one, and congrats!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I am JUST about to cross 1MM, and I had a quick q. How strict is UA on your companion having to have the same mailing address as you? I have mine as my office, and my partner is our house...
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by joelfreak
I am JUST about to cross 1MM, and I had a quick q. How strict is UA on your companion having to have the same mailing address as you? I have mine as my office, and my partner is our house...
They used to be, but a few years ago they changed it.
I called MPCS to see if I could make my niece who lives in a different city my GS companion, making it very clear that I didn't want to violate any rules to jeopardize my lifetime GS status. They were very happy to do that and she has been a GS for over a year now.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus. amex rewards
Just Received My Notice

count me in.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador

Congratulations! Come back and tell us about your welcome party. Well deserved.

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Crossed the 2MM mark today on UA 1106 (SFO->SNA). Had been upgraded on this 738 at the 96-hour mark. After scanning my BP at the SFO gate, and starting down the jetway, a Special Services/GS concierge ran up to me, introduced herself, congratulated me on the feat, and gave me a congratulatory card from Oscar. Nice touch, and great flight.

Took about 13 years to move from 1MM to 2MM: the challenge/bane of a basically short-haul, largely West Coast domestic flyer.
Congratulations!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 23, 2017 at 2:20 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
2 MM on RDU-IAH

Just crossed the 2MM mark on the early morning RDU-IAH flight today. Requested a Moscow mule drink to celebrate this milestone by myself. Also watched a kiddie movies: the Polar Express. Do not want to mention the so-so service in FC cabin to spoil my mood.
Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.