Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Well, I made it on a flight from LAS>SFO>ICN. Actually made 1mm on the SFO>ICN leg somewhere over Hawaii I'm guessing. I was recognized by the gate agent in Las Vegas who handed me a card thanking me for my loyalty. No on-board recognition on either flight.

Congratulations!

Pretty cool way of recognizing the achievement. Makes me wonder if this is common information when someone crosses the threshold, and whether some individuals decide to go the extra mile (with a card) and others ignore...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Pretty cool way of recognizing the achievement. Makes me wonder if this is common information when someone crosses the threshold, and whether some individuals decide to go the extra mile (with a card) and others ignore...
I can assure you that there are those of us whose passage across the MM mark receive absolutely no UA recognition beyond the packet in the mail four weeks later. How it gets decided who gets recognition and who does not is anyone's guess.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
When I passed 3 million miles, the FA said "geez, thanks for being a 2 million miler!" and accepted a beverage coupon I proffered for the second bottle of glenfarclas.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Made 1MM on PMCO. I received the nice metal tag and leather luggage tag with a nice note from the CEO (he who must not be named). It was not noted by the crew or GAs at the time.
Making progress to 2MM, but it is not my life goal.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: UA-1K--1MM, SPG- Titanium, HH-Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle, Global Entry
Crossed the 1MM mark LAX-EWR last week, 2 FA's thanked me for my loyalty and business with United, had some very genuine conversations with them following as they continued to strike up conversation throughout the flight. Offered anything both wife and I wanted from F&B cart. The real bonus for me was that my wife now shares my current 1K status ^
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Well, I made it on a flight from LAS>SFO>ICN. Actually made 1mm on the SFO>ICN leg somewhere over Hawaii I'm guessing. I was recognized by the gate agent in Las Vegas who handed me a card thanking me for my loyalty. No on-board recognition on either flight.

Congrats! In the first place I thought that the actual flight that passed you 1MM would receive such treatment. Looks like I am I am wrong. LAS people did do their thing.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Crossed over into double comma mileage territory on my IAH > LHR flight last week on 9/11. Female Captain was awesome, came and thanked me for my loyalty. Crew was also very nice to me in B. Overall, I was a somber day, and a somber experience for me. I've flown on 9/11 for the past 8 years, didn't imagine I'd cross over MM territory to boot. The flight back from LHR > IAH was a non event.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
Currently at 1,182,605.
Made MM a few years ago (09/21/2009) flight ORD>BUF, but have been flying UA less lately.

Last edited by nsx1164; Sep 21, 2016 at 2:02 pm Reason: addl info
Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by alaroia
Crossed over into double comma mileage territory on my IAH > LHR flight last week on 9/11. Female Captain was awesome, came and thanked me for my loyalty. Crew was also very nice to me in B. Overall, I was a somber day, and a somber experience for me. I've flown on 9/11 for the past 8 years, didn't imagine I'd cross over MM territory to boot. The flight back from LHR > IAH was a non event.
Congrats on the achievement and kudos to the on-board team in recognizing the milestone!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
Jumping the gun by a few hours, but I'll be crossing 1MM on UA 870 later today! Looking forward to congratulating myself somewhere between HI and SFO.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by JeffK69
Crossed the 1MM mark LAX-EWR last week, 2 FA's thanked me for my loyalty and business with United, had some very genuine conversations with them following as they continued to strike up conversation throughout the flight. Offered anything both wife and I wanted from F&B cart. The real bonus for me was that my wife now shares my current 1K status ^
WAIT! I thought you could designate someone (spouse other) for GOLD when you got 1MM. GOLD is not the same as 1k. Am I missing something - that's often the case!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
WAIT! I thought you could designate someone (spouse other) for GOLD when you got 1MM. GOLD is not the same as 1k. Am I missing something - that's often the case!
No... your can nominate someone for MM companion and they get your status. The lowest (currently) would be Gold but whatever the MM status companion receives it.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
No... your can nominate someone for MM companion and they get your status. The lowest (currently) would be Gold but whatever the MM status companion receives it.
Totally misunderstood this. I guess there are two major status benefits. 1. I now get GOLD for life and companion would get this. 2. If I'm higher status they get the same status as me.

Missed #2. Wife will be elated.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: UA-1K--1MM, SPG- Titanium, HH-Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle, Global Entry
Correct, you and your companion will not fall below GOLD. If you,... who achieved the 1-MM's achieves anything higher, your companion gets same. For me, 1K so wife is 1K.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Totally misunderstood this. I guess there are two major status benefits. 1. I now get GOLD for life and companion would get this. 2. If I'm higher status they get the same status as me.

Missed #2. Wife will be elated.
Note that she will get the status but not the RPUs and GPUs. Unless she meets the requirements in her own travels those do not come with the companion nomination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.