Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hawaiian Premier
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
Packed boarding area and a delayed inbound from IAD.. tight turn back to IAD. They called me up and presented me with 1MM congrats card and gift bag and let me board first. Class act. Coincidentally, last flight for Captain on the 737 .. he's headed to the 777.

Finally, 1MM (well, technically in 62 nautical miles) after 17 years.
Congratulations! They should acknowledge everyone hitting this milestone accordingly.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by mdtakamine
Congratulations! They should acknowledge everyone hitting this milestone accordingly.
Thanks! Absolutely agree considering it is the only airline (I think) that is BIS miles only. ^
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
My wife reached 1MM on a PS flight this week we were on together. No UA staff seemed to be aware of this, but once on the plane, I mentioned to the head FA. Just before arrival, she brought the entire paper flight plan to my wife, with written thanks and signatures of the captain and first officer on the first page.

More importantly, she designated me as her status companion, and so I am now Global Services!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Packed boarding area and a delayed inbound from IAD.. tight turn back to IAD. They called me up and presented me with 1MM congrats card and gift bag and let me board first. Class act. Coincidentally, last flight for Captain on the A320 .. he's headed to the 777.

Congratulations to this personal milestone and kudo for UA to recognize it on your MM flight!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Congratulations to this personal milestone and kudo for UA to recognize it on your MM flight!
🖒 thanks. It was surprising and appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
Hit 3MM Wednesday somewhere over Canada on UA850, sitting in 3K, sipping a glass of bubbly.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:47 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Packed boarding area and a delayed inbound from IAD.. tight turn back to IAD. They called me up and presented me with 1MM congrats card and gift bag and let me board first. Class act. Coincidentally, last flight for Captain on the A320 .. he's headed to the 777.

Not surprised that BOS gate crew cam through. In my experience everyone there from GAs, UC staff, and check-in agents are easily in the right hand tail of the distribution "effort" wise.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1.3 Million Mile, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President Circle, Global Entry
Crossed the million mile mark 546 miles outbound from FRA to IAH yesterday, sitting in seat 8D of a (bit worn) 777. Still, nice flight, nice crew, nice milestone. Dinner was fillet, actually medium rare.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by adagio
Crossed the million mile mark 546 miles outbound from FRA to IAH yesterday, sitting in seat 8D of a (bit worn) 777. Still, nice flight, nice crew, nice milestone. Dinner was fillet, actually medium rare.
Congratulations! You need to update your details - those 0.9MM are a dime a dozen!

And the next time I get a medium-rare fillet on UA will be the first time in a very long time.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by adagio
Congrats! 🖒
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Done

Having been told on other threads that I should lower my expectations, it was no surprise that there was nothing notable about crossing the million flyer mark on my flight Weds from ORD to FCO. Just rolling delays because of aircraft issues that put us into Rome about 3 hours late.

With this and the take back of platinum benefits by United, I feel free to book international business in whatever looks good. Eventually, I'll burn through the miles but I gave up on miles and money upgrades a couple of trips ago. Wait listing and/or domestic leg thing just wasn't attractive.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
Having been told on other threads that I should lower my expectations, it was no surprise that there was nothing notable about crossing the million flyer mark on my flight Weds from ORD to FCO. Just rolling delays because of aircraft issues that put us into Rome about 3 hours late.

With this and the take back of platinum benefits by United, I feel free to book international business in whatever looks good. Eventually, I'll burn through the miles but I gave up on miles and money upgrades a couple of trips ago. Wait listing and/or domestic leg thing just wasn't attractive.
^ Welcome to the club!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1.3 Million Mile, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President Circle, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Congratulations! You need to update your details - those 0.9MM are a dime a dozen!

And the next time I get a medium-rare fillet on UA will be the first time in a very long time.
And it was even close to rare. Quite unbelievable. Chalk it up to a magical day. Or German ingenuity.

To make it even more magical, the flight also carried a medical courier transporting stem cells from a German donor to Houston for a transplant, who boarded right behind me. About ten years ago, the same FRA-IAH flight carried stem cells for a transplant for my son (that was successful!). The courier was in coach and I tried hard to upgrade her, but was told by the gate agent on board it was too late to process the paperwork.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Well, I made it on a flight from LAS>SFO>ICN. Actually made 1mm on the SFO>ICN leg somewhere over Hawaii I'm guessing. I was recognized by the gate agent in Las Vegas who handed me a card thanking me for my loyalty. No on-board recognition on either flight.

Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Well, I made it on a flight from LAS>SFO>ICN. Actually made 1mm on the SFO>ICN leg somewhere over Hawaii I'm guessing. I was recognized by the gate agent in Las Vegas who handed me a card thanking me for my loyalty. No on-board recognition on either flight.

Congratulations on 1MM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.