Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Nice to see and enjoy it!

My 2MM crossing was with far more less fanfare
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
I witnessed a MM acknowledgment on KIX-SFO on Saturday. The purser (or "flight service manager"...same thing?) was going row to row and welcoming BF customers by name, using his ipad or whatever electronic device they carry now. Upon getting to the row across from me he congratulated the passenger for reaching MM status on the flight. He said, "they just sent me a note about it" [on his device]. So someone was proactively looking after the milestone.

The passenger had an appropriately snarky FF reply: "i'm not sure that's something you should be congratulating me for."
Very fun, this MM could not agree more
Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: United 3MM, 1K, Hyatt Globalist Lifetime
Hi MMs! I achieved 3M about two years ago and have continued to rack up the mileage. However, thinking about moving to a different airline program given that wife and I have 1K for life (as long as that lasts...). I can't find a comparison between lifetime 1K and lifetime GS benefits. Is it worth continuing with UA for this?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
I wish premium cabin miles had a bonus for this accrual
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4MM; AA Life Gold 1 MM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist; Marriott Lifetime Titanium.
Originally Posted by ck3kk
Hi MMs! I achieved 3M about two years ago and have continued to rack up the mileage. However, thinking about moving to a different airline program given that wife and I have 1K for life (as long as that lasts...). I can't find a comparison between lifetime 1K and lifetime GS benefits. Is it worth continuing with UA for this?
I'm also 3 MM on UA. It really depends on your age and your capacity to get to 4 million miles. A lifetme of GS sounds amazing to me. At 59 years old, I'm going to stay the course. Good luck and enjoy the journey!!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: United 3MM, 1K, Hyatt Globalist Lifetime
Originally Posted by FLYING CARPET
I'm also 3 MM on UA. It really depends on your age and your capacity to get to 4 million miles. A lifetme of GS sounds amazing to me. At 59 years old, I'm going to stay the course. Good luck and enjoy the journey!!
Hi Flying Carpet, thanks for the response and encouragement, and, yes, I am actually enjoying the journey... But, I'm wondering about the difference in perks between Lifetime GS and Lifetime 1K. Do you know? I haven't been a GS in over 10 years and so not sure. Also, as I am sure you know Lifetime 1K is different from achieving 1K in a given year: you receive global upgrades only if you achieve 1K (100K miles and $12K) for the year.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
2MM

I crossed 2MM today. The flight hasn't yet credited. No on-board acknowledgement.
It has taken 11 years with my current job to get this far.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SAN 1K
I crossed 2MM today. The flight hasn't yet credited. No on-board acknowledgement.
It has taken 11 years with my current job to get this far.
Amazing that a 2MM gets no acknowledgement. Some companies just don't understand the concept of customer service.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Hi Flying Carpet, thanks for the response and encouragement, and, yes, I am actually enjoying the journey... But, I'm wondering about the difference in perks between Lifetime GS and Lifetime 1K. Do you know? I haven't been a GS in over 10 years and so not sure. Also, as I am sure you know Lifetime 1K is different from achieving 1K in a given year: you receive global upgrades only if you achieve 1K (100K miles and $12K) for the year.
Actually, if you don't earn the Globals from 100K miles + $12K, you are just given the 6 Globals on Jan 1 of the following year.

Plus, you also get your 2 Regionals, since you'd be by definition, also a 2MM.

It's the companion who's matched to lifetime 1K that does not receive the Globals unless earned (either by hitting the annual 1K mark or also be a 3MM).
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
im at 999,714 will cross 1MM on 7/28 IAD-LHR unless something comes up before then
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: UAMP Global Services, AA Platinum
I think a lot depends on your flying plans going forward. I am 3.9 million miler and GS. I fly mostly out of SFO, and it is challenging to upgrade as a 1K, particularly on hub to hub flight. In general, GS ground service at hubs and major foreign posts is superb. Lounge access benefits (into GFL on any inat'l or PS itin) are also a boon, but not sure how that will work after Polaris debut.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Crossed 1MM on a DEN-IAD this past week. No upgrades or recognition (yet, anyway) from UA at the gate or on the flight. Pretty much the typical UA flight experience.
• While walking down Concourse B, had to dodge poop from a dump taken by a “service” dog. (But at least the dog’s owner seemed to be making an effort to clean it up and it was on a terrazzo surface and not carpeting .)
• Tried to enter the UC with CC passes that I quickly learned had expired three weeks earlier on June 30. Was told by the bouncer that I was only Gold and that even GS and 1K had to pay to get in. I guess this confirms that no entries indicating significant customer milestones are made in the databases available to customer-facing personnel.
But on the brighter side:
• Was offered the full can of ginger ale by the FA as I was sitting in my E+ seat.
• There was an unopened Stroopwafel left for me by a previous passenger in the seatback pocket. Is it possible that UA has assigned responsibility for implementing its customer “Surprise and Delight” campaign to its cleaning crews?
• Unlike the majority of my UA flights this year, this one actually arrived on time – indeed even a bit early, and my baggage was one of the first pieces to hit the belt .
Seriously though, this has been a long 28 year process for me. Over this time I have drifted between no-status, Silver, Gold and Platinum depending on the year. Sometimes my qualification was based on mileage, but other times on segments. I have never been 1K, but this year based on my currently-planned mileage, I may only be about 15K short. I guess I need to decide whether it is worth it to try to acquire the extra PQM – or whether I should just start burning the 1+ million RDM that are currently sitting in my MP account.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by seenitall
Crossed 1MM on a DEN-IAD this past week. No upgrades or recognition (yet, anyway) from UA at the gate or on the flight. Pretty much the typical UA flight experience.

Unlike the majority of my UA flights this year, this one actually arrived on time – indeed even a bit early, and my baggage was one of the first pieces to hit the belt .
Congrats and know that now that you are a 1MM'er....well still most of your UA flights will be late. My Newark-LAX flight yesterday was an hour late and today I got an email apologizing for my Washington-LA flight being tardy. And most of us got zero personal recognition for passing 1MM it seems.

But still, it is a worthy achievement. ^
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I received an email that my Spam Filter filed as Spam/Marketing:

We are excited that you are approaching a remarkable milestone: flying three million miles with United® and MileagePlus®. Once you are a 3 Million Miler, you will enjoy benefits that reflect your accomplishment, including status that will not fall below Premier® 1K®.*
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Kudos to BOS Station Staff

Packed boarding area and a delayed inbound from IAD.. tight turn back to IAD. They called me up and presented me with 1MM congrats card and gift bag and let me board first. Class act. Coincidentally, last flight for Captain on the A320 .. he's headed to the 777.

Finally, 1MM (well, technically in 62 nautical miles) after 17 years.

Last edited by NH_Clark; Jul 29, 2016 at 7:33 pm Reason: Updated aircraft type

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.