Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Gold IHG Ambassador SPG Gold
On 17 March IAD-BRU, I crossed the 1MM marker. The flight was grossly oversold in coach and I volunteered. The gate agent would not take me because I had a connection in Brussels. Instead she gave me an operational upgrade to business class. I told the flight attendant that this was a special flight for me and she got the cabin crew to sign my boarding pass. The Captain and Purser both came back to congratulate me. All in all, it was a very nice flight with a very nice crew. Thanks UA for making it a special day!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold
Made 1MM midway over the Atlantic IAH-LHR last week.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingFloosie
On 17 March IAD-BRU, I crossed the 1MM marker. ...
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
Congrats to both, welcome to the club!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyingFloosie
On 17 March IAD-BRU, I crossed the 1MM marker.
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
Yes, congrats to you both!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:40 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Made 1MM near Skagway, AK (TIBOY) today on UA87 PVG-EWR. Pilots and crew couldn't have been more awesome. Asked a BF FA to ask the pilot for the coordinates where I'd hit it exactly, and instead, the pilot came out with the chart and figured it out with me.

I fell asleep (sheesh it's a long flight) and the relief pilot and the purser came and woke me up and gave me the mini-chart made into a hat(!), a bottle of champagne (let's not quibble over UA champagne quality), and the full chart. The pre-landing announcement was the pilot thanking everyone and "especially the customer in 11A", acknowledging everyone has a choice, etc... Very classy.

Pretty awesome. Now to wait for the flight to post so I can grant companion status.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Congrats and in my best Boston accent, that is wikid cool! ^
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by glx
Made 1MM near Skagway, AK (TIBOY) today on UA87 PVG-EWR. Pilots and crew couldn't have been more awesome. Asked a BF FA to ask the pilot for the coordinates where I'd hit it exactly, and instead, the pilot came out with the chart and figured it out with me.

I fell asleep (sheesh it's a long flight) and the relief pilot and the purser came and woke me up and gave me the mini-chart made into a hat(!), a bottle of champagne (let's not quibble over UA champagne quality), and the full chart. The pre-landing announcement was the pilot thanking everyone and "especially the customer in 11A", acknowledging everyone has a choice, etc... Very classy.

Pretty awesome. Now to wait for the flight to post so I can grant companion status.
Kudos! That is really awesome. Way to go UA.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, some other stuff
Originally Posted by glx
Hey I know you!

Welcome to the club.... to both of you!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:34 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by tnarg-lax
Hey I know you!

Welcome to the club.... to both of you!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Made 1MM last night on my way to MCO from IAD. Wanted to do it by my 30th birthday but missed it by a few weeks.
No special mention on the fight but it was a 10pm flight so didn't expect much.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by glx

Congrats! Reminds me of my experience crossing 2MM (posted upthread). Seems like Oscar's UA is doing all these little things that show appreciation to our loyalty over all these years! ^
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Nice to read all the stories.
I'll reach my MM on my DEN-SFO flight in a week. It's not any long-haul like I originally planned, but I do hope it will be memorable.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
17 Million

Hit the big 17M on the way back from Australia Wednesday. That went quick. Only regret is not sharing this flight with my wife and sons.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Hit the big 17M on the way back from Australia Wednesday. That went quick. Only regret is not sharing this flight with my wife and sons.
Wow, Tom! Congratulations. Simply amazing!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Tom, Congrats on 17,000,000 miles BIS!

and congrats to all the recent inductees to the >1M club!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.