Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't even get an email when I passed 1MM. Nothing, nada. And it was about the time they took MILLION off the manifest. Oh well, not in it for the recognition, just the lifetime (mine? theirs? who knows?) benefits.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:53 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I became a UA Million Miler approximately 1335 miles into a flight from Guam to Narita, on the morning of Dec. 30 2015. A decade-long, hard slog on my own personal time and dime. The flight itself was one of only 2 segments on a 12-seg itinerary that I got a CPU on. I had no interest in a dramatic show of recognition, but I did want some memento of the accomplishment, so I intended to ask the captain to sign my boarding pass.

Upon checking in at GUM that morning, I used the kiosk to print a paper boarding pass, then asked a check-in agent to exchange it for one printed on cardstock. I mentioned it was a special flight for me and I was going to ask some people to sign it.

As soon as I reached my seat 3B on a B777, the purser stopped by to ask for my pre-departure beverage choice, and at point I mentioned I would cross 1M UA miles on this flight, and asked if he could ask the captain to sign my boarding pass. He offered to ask the captain if he would take a picture with me. That was well beyond what I was looking for but I said sure. A few minutes later the purser came back and invited me to the cockpit. I met a very friendly Captain Huff, shook his hand, he congratulated me and thanked me for my biz, and signed my boarding pass. Then, amazingly, he invited me to site in the pilot's seat while he took a pic of me on my cellphone. I remember being incredibly nervous that I would accidentally hit a button or something and cause the plane to lurch into the terminal, but the shot actually turned out fairly well. The captain also congratulated me over the PA during the boarding announcement.

At the actual moment I crossed 1 million miles, I was somewhere over Japan and or trying to sleep while sitting across from an incredibly loud snorer. The actual flight itself, and all the crew were great. All in all a pretty memorable experience. Thanks UA.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I received my 1MM email from UA today. I hit the qual just before Christmas.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Crossed the 2MM Lifetime threshold

Crossed the 2MM Lifetime threshold aboard UA flight 323 on Monday January 11th, 2015 PHL-DEN.

It was indeed a very special flight for me, and the lead gate agent at PHL (who also knows me well) along with the entire flight crew signed my souvenir boarding pass

The Captain wrote me a very nice note on his business card.

And the Purser was delightful throughout the entire flight and she gave me a nice bottle of Prosecco to enjoy later on ^

They made no announcement on the PA which is exactly how I would want it as it's not really necessary for other people on the flight to know about my 2MM crossing.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by sapguy
Crossed the 2MM Lifetime threshold aboard UA flight 323 on Monday January 11th, 2015 PHL-DEN.

It was indeed a very special flight for me, and the lead gate agent at PHL (who also knows me well) along with the entire flight crew signed my souvenir boarding pass

And the Purser was delightful throughout the entire flight and she gave me a nice bottle of Prosecco to enjoy later on ^

They made no announcement on the PA which is exactly how I would want it as it's not really necessary for other people on the flight to know about my 2MM crossing.
Very cool!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, 1MM; Marriott Gold Elite; Hyatt Platinum
I hit 1 MM in 2014, the same year I got tenure in my academic post. I remember joking that I now have Star Gold tenure, which will be useful in retirement!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by sapguy

congrats sapguy! ^
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Could someone clarify how the MM companion status is applied? Is it based on the current status of the sponsor or the status earned for that year?

To add some details: I crossed 1MM threshold last December as 1K. I wasn't able to nominate my spouse as companion since that feature was not available on the united website. Due to reduced travel I only qualified for Gold which happens to be in line with the 1MM status however my 1K status runs through the end of Jan. When I nominated my spouse earlier this month she was given Gold status even though I was still 1K at the time of nomination.

Does that sound correct?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by aau
He offered to ask the captain if he would take a picture with me. That was well beyond what I was looking for but I said sure. A few minutes later the purser came back and invited me to the cockpit. I met a very friendly Captain Huff, shook his hand, he congratulated me and thanked me for my biz, and signed my boarding pass. Then, amazingly, he invited me to site in the pilot's seat while he took a pic of me on my cellphone. I remember being incredibly nervous that I would accidentally hit a button or something and cause the plane to lurch into the terminal, but the shot actually turned out fairly well. The captain also congratulated me over the PA during the boarding announcement.

Thanks UA.
That's AWESOME. Inspiring post. I'm now 40k away from 1MM and I am super excited. I keep thinking of Clooney in Up in the Air!!! The picture would rock. That's so thoughtful and considerate of the flight team.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
Could someone clarify how the MM companion status is applied? Is it based on the current status of the sponsor or the status earned for that year?

To add some details: I crossed 1MM threshold last December as 1K. I wasn't able to nominate my spouse as companion since that feature was not available on the united website. Due to reduced travel I only qualified for Gold which happens to be in line with the 1MM status however my 1K status runs through the end of Jan. When I nominated my spouse earlier this month she was given Gold status even though I was still 1K at the time of nomination.

Does that sound correct?
No. That is emphatically not correct. I hit 1mm on Dec. 6. On Dec 8, I designated my son as the companion. Two days later, his status went from Gold to GS (my status).

You need to call (don't use the website).
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriot Gold, Qantas Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle
Hit 1MM on Friday. It was on a UX flight between XNA and DEN. Not the best flight to get such a "historical" personal travel event, but its done. It's nice to see the Million Miller logo on my iPhone app. My wife gets to benefit of being my GS status, which she is very happy about.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I just talked to my co-worker on the phone this morning as she was preparing to board a flight. We were interrupted by the gate agent who recognized that this would be the flight that took her to lifetime 1MM status. He acknowledged that it is a lot of commitment and travel to get there and thanked her for her loyalty to United. Not sure if she received anything on board, as she is in the air as I type this, but a very nice gesture from the GA.

At my current rate of travel, it will probably take me another 7.5 years to get to 1MM status.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by porciuscato
No. That is emphatically not correct. I hit 1mm on Dec. 6. On Dec 8, I designated my son as the companion. Two days later, his status went from Gold to GS (my status).

You need to call (don't use the website).
Used link on UA website yesterday, companion's status had changed within 2 hours. Easy peasy.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
I hit the million mark halfway to Paris from IAD on 1/18. That represents many years of doing the IAD-SFO-IAD round trip and watching Boarding Lines 1 and 2 for those flights grow to take up almost an entire airplane.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Congrats 02BNFR on the achievement!! Not an easy thing to do those BIS miles ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.