Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This versions is retired from the flett, United has two one versions of 752's with lie-flat seats. This version flies domestic routes. principally premium transcontinental service (p.t.s aka PS) and some hub-to-hub.

Boeing 757-200 p.s. (Premium Service) Configuration
  • 28 seats in United Business with 180-degree flat-bed seats
  • 48 seats in Economy Plus with 36" pitch
  • 66 seats in United Economy
  • Complimentary in-seat audio video-on-demand entertainment
  • USB and standard 110v power outlets accessible from every seat
  • Gogo Wi-Fi

BUSINESS CLASS

Standard Business suites with 180 lie-flat seats and AVOD. AC power and USB ports are available.

The bulkhead seats are in Rows 1 and 5 and have wider footwells. Regarding these seats, note the following:

Seats 1 A/B and 5 A/B are subject to noise and light from the galleys and may not be a good choice for redeye flights.
Seats 1E/F and 5E/F have wide footwells and are separated from the galley.

Seat 1B (&5B?) has the deepest footwell but a direct view into the gallery.

Seats 1 E/F (&5E/F?) have about 1" less legroom than the other bulkhead seats with a bed length of about 5' 10".

The snack basket is often placed on the shelf in front of 1A/B and 5A/B.

All other seats have narrow footwells, especially the window seats. They have bed length of about 6'1".

ECONOMY PLUS / EXIT ROW SEATS
Row 21 (exit row) has the most leg space. The rest of E+ is pretty much the same.

ECONOMY CLASS
Row 20 (exit row bulkhead) is E-, not E+.

No longer in service, the standard domestic F (non-lie flat ) 757-200

For the other 752 aircraft, (now retired) see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an International 757-200 (16 BF)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I regret having not read the wiki / this thread before selecting 1F. I had been planning to sleep for most of the flight, but the length is definitely not more than 5'10" (as the wiki notes). I haven't had a problem with other seats, and as such I believe they have a bed length of at least 6'1" (although likely not much more if more at all). Added the latter information to the wiki. I actually don't mind the narrower footwells.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
1A, 4B, 4F, 5A, 5E, 7A, 7E?

I'm in 5E right now.

I prefer the aisle...so 4B vs. 5E?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
1A, 4B, 4F, 5A, 5E, 7A, 7E?

I'm in 5E right now.

I prefer the aisle...so 4B vs. 5E?
Both are good seats. 5E will have the larger footwell, but it will also have lots of aisle traffic during boarding.
SFOrunner likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
....4B vs. 5E?
4B’s too close to lav for me.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Does anyone have pictures the footwells of 1AB EF? A picture would be great if anyone has it. Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Braswch
Does anyone have pictures the footwells of 1AB EF? A picture would be great if anyone has it. Thanks!
The footwell situation is almost identical to that of the 789, which has pictures in the first post here.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
The footwell situation is almost identical to that of the 789, which has pictures in the first post here.
Yes, the footwell shape is nearly identical to the 789. The net length is shorter than the 789.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi

1 B always inless its 1 A on Polaris 777 transcon sometimes
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:19 pm

Anyone have thoughts on what the best seat on E- would be? I'm flying from LAX to EWR and row 20 is wide open but the comments here suggest that this is a row to avoid.

Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
Anyone have thoughts on what the best seat on E- would be? I'm flying from LAX to EWR and row 20 is wide open but the comments here suggest that this is a row to avoid.
If you need leg space avoid Row 20, there is a reason it is open. Also, skip the first row behind E+, the E+ seats have slight more recline. Otherwise, the rest are pretty much equal -- it probably comes down to window vs aisle. Also seating more forward gets you off the plane earlier and more food choice opportunities (before they run out)
hoangtri1 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hoangtri1

Thanks.
Another point on row 20 is that it has NO recline as an exit row is right behind it.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Does anyone know if the IFE has been updated? Someone in here reported it has been, but I flew on a intl 752 last week and it had the same crappy IFE (seriously, it's horrible. The map, the number of options, and the picture quality are all poor). Have some intl 752s been retrofitted with the new IFE (the new Polaris one), and others not? Flying on another 752 on Sat, so hoping to get the new IFE if it is indeed out there on the 752.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UAL250
Does anyone know if the IFE has been updated? Someone in here reported it has been, but I flew on a intl 752 last week and it had the same crappy IFE (seriously, it's horrible. The map, the number of options, and the picture quality are all poor). Have some intl 752s been retrofitted with the new IFE (the new Polaris one), and others not? Flying on another 752 on Sat, so hoping to get the new IFE if it is indeed out there on the 752.
Depends on what you mean by "updated." The 28 seat 752s have newer IFE than the 16 seat ones, as they had lie-flats installed several years later. But none of these aircraft have otherwise been updated since they were converted to lie flat. For the 28 seat, that means circa 2013.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Depends on what you mean by "updated." The 28 seat 752s have newer IFE than the 16 seat ones, as they had lie-flats installed several years later. But none of these aircraft have otherwise been updated since they were converted to lie flat. For the 28 seat, that means circa 2013.
I see. Well I'll be on a 16 seat one, so I'll have the crappy IFE.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:24 pm
crk

Row 2 E/F vs Row 5 E/F?

I'm flying LAX-EWR on the 28 lie flat configuration. I'm travelling with my husband and 20 month old daughter as a lap child in first class. My options are Row 2 E/F or Row 5 E/F. Despite the bulkhead and shelf space in Row 5 E/F, I'm leaning towards Row 2 because my daughter is at the age of "stranger danger" anxiety and I've been reading that Row 5 faces the flight attendants, gets more foot traffic from economy class passengers using the bathroom in the second cabin (rows 5-7) of first class, and is also near the galley. We are also travelling during the holiday season week, and first transatlantic flight for baby.

Any help/tip would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.