Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This versions is retired from the flett, United has two one versions of 752's with lie-flat seats. This version flies domestic routes. principally premium transcontinental service (p.t.s aka PS) and some hub-to-hub.

Boeing 757-200 p.s. (Premium Service) Configuration
  • 28 seats in United Business with 180-degree flat-bed seats
  • 48 seats in Economy Plus with 36" pitch
  • 66 seats in United Economy
  • Complimentary in-seat audio video-on-demand entertainment
  • USB and standard 110v power outlets accessible from every seat
  • Gogo Wi-Fi

BUSINESS CLASS

Standard Business suites with 180 lie-flat seats and AVOD. AC power and USB ports are available.

The bulkhead seats are in Rows 1 and 5 and have wider footwells. Regarding these seats, note the following:

Seats 1 A/B and 5 A/B are subject to noise and light from the galleys and may not be a good choice for redeye flights.
Seats 1E/F and 5E/F have wide footwells and are separated from the galley.

Seat 1B (&5B?) has the deepest footwell but a direct view into the gallery.

Seats 1 E/F (&5E/F?) have about 1" less legroom than the other bulkhead seats with a bed length of about 5' 10".

The snack basket is often placed on the shelf in front of 1A/B and 5A/B.

All other seats have narrow footwells, especially the window seats. They have bed length of about 6'1".

ECONOMY PLUS / EXIT ROW SEATS
Row 21 (exit row) has the most leg space. The rest of E+ is pretty much the same.

ECONOMY CLASS
Row 20 (exit row bulkhead) is E-, not E+.

No longer in service, the standard domestic F (non-lie flat ) 757-200

For the other 752 aircraft, (now retired) see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an International 757-200 (16 BF)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by livitup
Rather full SFO-IAD flight that I'm trying to get the best econo seats so that if/when my upgrades fail to clear I'm not miserable. It is the overnight/redeye flight, so sleep would be nice, if possible.

Choices are between 16C and 9B. I'm thinking the "infinate" legroom of 9B is worth taking a middle seat. I would prefer a window, so I can lean on the side of the plane to sleep, but 15A/F are the only E+ windows available, and I'm scared of the "limited recline".

Thoughts?
I would opt for 16C, unless I was taking that flight, then I might suggest one of the others ;-)) Unless you are a NBA center, 16C has as much legroom as 9B. 15A/F are most often zero recline situations.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by livitup
It is the overnight/redeye flight, so sleep would be nice, if possible.
Even though I would normally take 16C over 9B, 16C might not be as good if you want to sleep as you will get woken up whenever 16A or 16B wants to get up. In 9B you'll never need to be woken up because 9A can easily get past you.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Even though I would normally take 16C over 9B, 16C might not be as good if you want to sleep as you will get woken up whenever 16A or 16B wants to get up. In 9B you'll never need to be woken up because 9A can easily get past you.
But if you care about warmth, I've found 16C to be warmer than 9B on a regular basis.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: HH Gold, UA/AS
Originally Posted by SAN 1K
I think Seatguru understates the exit slide issue with this seat. I would definately denote this as a "red" seat and avoid it at all costs. One really has to sit at a strange angle so that your legs clear the slide.
If you can't get rows 15 or 16 (blocked, or travelling with kids) then I would just go for rows 10 or 11. I think 8 and 9 have more troubles that they are worth.
i agree 100%. i was stoked when i made 1P, and immediately changed all my seat assignments on future 757 flights to 9A (i prefer window seats, and usually have tight connections). after my recent experience from PDX to ORD though, never again. i'm 6'3", and made the serious mistake of wearing a thin long-sleeve t-shirt for this 3.5 hour flight. my quad was uncomfortably jammed against the exit slide, and i was literally shivering by the end of the flight. if i was shorter and it were the middle of summer, different story of course. but i'll roll with the punches in 9C (with connections) and 16D (without) from now on!
Old Oct 25, 2008, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SAN 1K
I think Seatguru understates the exit slide issue with this seat. I would definately denote this as a "red" seat and avoid it at all costs. One really has to sit at a strange angle so that your legs clear the slide.
If you can't get rows 15 or 16 (blocked, or travelling with kids) then I would just go for rows 10 or 11. I think 8 and 9 have more troubles that they are worth.
i prefer 9c and will take 9a if not available and at 6 feet, the slide has never been an issue nor have i been cold. now as to "issues with row 9", imho, the main issue with all of row 9 is during boarding as pax "just simply can't walk, drink their *bies, talk on their cell phone and pull their wheels in a straight line" thus wreaking havoc on my toes and with me being the orthopedic shoe 'n orthotic terrorist , i have to be wary of my left ankle so will ask the f/a's if i can stand in/near the mid galley until the majority of the boarding of the village has been completed.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 8:42 pm

Okay, assuming I want to use my laptop inflight (since there's power) on a ps 757 in "economy plus", do I go with 15A (bulkhead, in which case I'd only have one seat to myself and no underseat storage) or 20A (which for the moment, the whole row is empty)? For travel in january. Not that I expect it to be empty that much longer.

Didn't have a problem using my laptop on an Asiana 747 in Y which also has 34" pitch, so I suspect that won't be too much of a problem.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Dia
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before (search within post says no), but has anyone else noticed 7a and 7b available on regular 752 seatmaps? I booked 7a just to see what happens.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:27 am

Programs: UA/MAR
It isn't on any of my upcoming 4 757 segments next week...

Did your upgrade clear?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 1:12 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by sblackman
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before (search within post says no), but has anyone else noticed 7a and 7b available on regular 752 seatmaps? I booked 7a just to see what happens.
spooky, above is post #757 about 757's
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Just a little shout-out for 8DE on 752 non-p.s. planes... Just tried these for the first time with my SO. Big ^ Lots of leg room, nowhere near as claustrophobic as the bulkheads, and bit more privacy than 9ABC. My new go-to when flying with a partner.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by as219
Just a little shout-out for 8DE on 752 non-p.s. planes... Just tried these for the first time with my SO. Big ^ Lots of leg room, nowhere near as claustrophobic as the bulkheads, and bit more privacy than 9ABC. My new go-to when flying with a partner.
8E is probably the most claustrophobic bulkhead seat over 1ABCD on the 752.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
8E is probably the most claustrophobic bulkhead seat over 1ABCD on the 752.
Uh, 8E is the only other bulkhead seat after 1ABCD.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by as219
Uh, 8E is the only other bulkhead seat after 1ABCD.
Indeed. I was responding to your statement that 8E was "nowhere near as claustrophobic as the bulkheads". I'd say that 8E vs 1ABCD is pretty much a wash when it comes to the bulkheads, and 1 may be slightly less claustrophobic (due to the side-to-side space), thereby making 8E the most claustrophobic seat on the plane
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, BA Gold
757 Seat Question

Do you often like seat 9A and 9B better than 8D and 8E or is 16A and 16B better any thoughts would be great also it is a full flight red eye so most likely people will be sleeping
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by aagoldflyer
Do you often like seat 9A and 9B better than 8D and 8E or is 16A and 16B better any thoughts would be great also it is a full flight red eye so most likely people will be sleeping
IIRC, 9A is partially blocked and thus affects your legroom.

Rows 8 and 16 are my preference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.