Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This versions is retired from the flett, United has two one versions of 752's with lie-flat seats. This version flies domestic routes. principally premium transcontinental service (p.t.s aka PS) and some hub-to-hub.

Boeing 757-200 p.s. (Premium Service) Configuration
  • 28 seats in United Business with 180-degree flat-bed seats
  • 48 seats in Economy Plus with 36" pitch
  • 66 seats in United Economy
  • Complimentary in-seat audio video-on-demand entertainment
  • USB and standard 110v power outlets accessible from every seat
  • Gogo Wi-Fi

BUSINESS CLASS

Standard Business suites with 180 lie-flat seats and AVOD. AC power and USB ports are available.

The bulkhead seats are in Rows 1 and 5 and have wider footwells. Regarding these seats, note the following:

Seats 1 A/B and 5 A/B are subject to noise and light from the galleys and may not be a good choice for redeye flights.
Seats 1E/F and 5E/F have wide footwells and are separated from the galley.

Seat 1B (&5B?) has the deepest footwell but a direct view into the gallery.

Seats 1 E/F (&5E/F?) have about 1" less legroom than the other bulkhead seats with a bed length of about 5' 10".

The snack basket is often placed on the shelf in front of 1A/B and 5A/B.

All other seats have narrow footwells, especially the window seats. They have bed length of about 6'1".

ECONOMY PLUS / EXIT ROW SEATS
Row 21 (exit row) has the most leg space. The rest of E+ is pretty much the same.

ECONOMY CLASS
Row 20 (exit row bulkhead) is E-, not E+.

No longer in service, the standard domestic F (non-lie flat ) 757-200

For the other 752 aircraft, (now retired) see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an International 757-200 (16 BF)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by kb1992
What are my chances to snag one of the seats in row 17 or 30? How do I find out if someone in these seats to clear (for upgrade to biz) so I can snag it? Talk to agent at BOS check-in or ORD RCC?
Ask at check-in and then keep checking at the RCC (let them know you'd like to be paged if possible so you don't have to keep pestering them). When it's time to start boarding, as the Gate Agent and let them know you're willing to wait (in case they start processing late upgrades).
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Ask at check-in and then keep checking at the RCC (let them know you'd like to be paged if possible so you don't have to keep pestering them). When it's time to start boarding, as the Gate Agent and let them know you're willing to wait (in case they start processing late upgrades).
Thanks...

BTW why didn't you open a thread "Everything You Want to Know About 737"?

One of our Feb. flight BOS-ORD will be 737 and I have 4A/C.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qasr
About the only thing you can do is to keep checking with every agent you see. If you haven't got them by the gate, then as the GA if row 17 or 30 would possibly clear for an upgrade. Most will give you an honest answer.
Excellent suggestion. ^ ^
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BTW why didn't you open a thread "Everything You Want to Know About 737"?
Because everyone knows to avoid them in favor of the A319/A320, of course!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Red face CRJ better than 737?

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Because everyone knows to avoid them in favor of the A319/A320, of course!
Okay I see.

But how come this thread "Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the CRJ-700" is there?

Everyone likes CRJ too?
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:49 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
The CRJ and CRJ700 are different aircraft. The CRJ700 is the better one.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

But how come this thread "Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the CRJ-700" is there?
The original was for the 777, because it was hands-down the most asked question in this forum (every other thread, it seemed).

When the CRJ-700s entered service, everyone wanted to know what they were like and where to sit on them (since they were the first RJs to have First Class and, later, Economy Plus).

Then UA started changing the Airbus configs, moving Row 1 and Row 6 about.

Then people started asking about the 747.

Then UA launched p.s. on the 757.

Then they launched the Embraer 170.

You get the picture.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 7:38 pm

Well, I've got a question about the 733. I've got 3F booked on an ORD-DCA flight. I'm not a regular UA flyer so not familiar with all the ins and outs of their aircraft. Is it any good?
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Well, I've got a question about the 733. I've got 3F booked on an ORD-DCA flight. I'm not a regular UA flyer so not familiar with all the ins and outs of their aircraft. Is it any good?
Check seatguru.com.

FWIW, it is the first row of coach, and thus bulkhead. Most 737's have a cutout between F & Y and row 3 will allow you more legroom.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:27 pm

As a crew member I can tell you that rows 8,9,15 and 16 are exit rows on the 757 and you do have to be "of age" to sit there.. while the computer (or an unwitting gate agent) might technically assign it to you, we are required to move you and the door of the aircraft cannot be closed until seat reassignments are made. You will not get a comp upgrade to first class for this. We would most likely ask the psgrs in 10d and 10e to switch with you.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:29 pm

^
Originally Posted by qasr
Check seatguru.com.

FWIW, it is the first row of coach, and thus bulkhead. Most 737's have a cutout between F & Y and row 3 will allow you more legroom.
Thank you qasr ^
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: HH/CX Diamond, VA/IC/A-Club Plat, UA/SPG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hey, great advise. Am flying mainline 752 SFO-ORD in March after a flight from SYD, so it will be during the day. Leaning towards 8D&E.
One question though, is it easy to see TV screens from row 8, or would we be better off in row 16?
Any advise to a newbie, much appreciated... ^
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA_SYD
One question though, is it easy to see TV screens from row 8, or would we be better off in row 16?
I don't have too much a problem from 8D, but 8E is a little tough. Row 16 will offer better line of sight.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Just my opinion... and I expect others to disagree, but I don't find red-eyes worth upgrading on domestic-config planes. The extra service is minimal, and the extra comfort for sleeping (vs. say an exit row) marginal.
Unless Y is full, which on any red-eye I've been on (ever), it is...
Old Jan 10, 2006, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
The extra comfort for upgrading from Y to C on the eastbound p.s. red-eyes is absolutely worth it! I can personally attest to my 5 hours of (ambien-assisted) sleep last week LAX-JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.