Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Airports with Priority Screening Lines [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports with Priority Screening Lines [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had no clue there ever was an elite line. Where was it located?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
News to me too. I've never seen an elite line. A few times TSA sent me through the crew line to the far left, but that's about all, iirc.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SPG Platinum
Elite line

All the way to the right. There's still a sign over it "First Class / Elite". It's just never open anymore.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Sooks
All the way to the right. There's still a sign over it "First Class / Elite". It's just never open anymore.
Yup, that's the one. I havn't been to JFK in a while so I don't know what has changed. The last time I was there it was open though.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
IME, it's just closed at certain hours and open at others.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IME, the wait is rarely long at JFK since it's only BA and UA. Although, the elite line was nice...made me feel all important.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
The elite line at JFK is technically only for BA - or so they've said (I guess UA won't pony up cash for that service for its elite flyers). So, when there are no BA flights, they close the lane. When open, they generally allow UA elites to use it as well.

Perhaps there's a more serious/permanent change in the works at T7, but I'm wondering if you're usually travelling...say...midmorning?

<G>
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:52 am

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gabrielz
The elite line at JFK is technically only for BA - or so they've said (I guess UA won't pony up cash for that service for its elite flyers). So, when there are no BA flights, they close the lane. When open, they generally allow UA elites to use it as well.

Perhaps there's a more serious/permanent change in the works at T7, but I'm wondering if you're usually travelling...say...midmorning?

<G>
This has been my experience as well. IF its open, you can use it, but its supposed to be for the BA/1W elites. They also sometimes/usually keep the Business Class line open throughout the day, so at least you can get through with a C/F BP.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:52 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
I've only been able to use it 1 out of 4 times lately. I think FlyClear is probably "paying" the airport to have that lane closed as much as possible, else they wouldn't get any business. Anyhow, clearing the regular line never took me more than 10 minutes, even under rush hour, normally only 5 minutes.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've been frequently using JFK for the past 18 months, and never saw that line open. But then again, I rarely miss it, because 90% of the time the lines are 0~3 people deep, and there were very very few times when I had to wait in line for more than 10 minutes.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:13 pm
Suspended

<G>
You got it.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
was in the line yesterday, but as described, usually as long as the other lines and usually the airline employees make that line take longer than others
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
the security line that i always shoot for is the one opposite the ua f & c check-in counters (around the other side [turn right] of the main ua y check-in) but it is hit and miss as to if it is open or not.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by UNITED959
IME, the wait is rarely long at JFK since it's only BA and UA. Although, the elite line was nice...made me feel all important.
Don't forget Icelandair as well - twice a day to Reykjavik.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

<G>
I'm still seeing it open and using it for the late depatures JFK-SFO (which coincide with lots of BA flights to LHR). It is the first line you come to when you round the corner from UA's check in area - never had any problem going through as a UA pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.