Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Airports with Priority Screening Lines [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports with Priority Screening Lines [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:42 am

Sna

Originally Posted by SMF Rider
Any SNA flyers out there that know how the screeners at SNA interpret "premium" passengers? Is it anybody that has a card or is there a threshold?

Thanks
Actually the sign at SNA says First class and then under that it says Premium Security Line, so it doesn't really call out Premium passengers per se. I've used it twice, but the first time I was in First and then just the other day I flashed my 1P card, but they didn't even look at it and waved me through.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titan., Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres
DCA has a priority line only for US Shuttle to LGA or BOS. There is no priority line at the UA gates.

No priority at BWI.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
1Ps have been able to use LAS elite screening.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
1Ps have been able to use LAS elite screening.
Yes... is there an echo in here?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by jyatlantic
...However, after 6:00 PM, priority security for 3P+ closes and all security is moved to the economy area; they install the red carpet and a sign that states "UGS and United First International" from 6:00PM-11:00PM.

Again, this is in the domestic terminal.

The sign does not say 1K or United First/Business, but I haven't tried so I wouldn't know if the TSA agent allows such passengers...
Last week I saw this and because I was flying First Domestic (vs. First International) I didn't take the red carpet route (which nobody was in). But, when I hit the front of the (short) line leading to the ID checkers and showed my Domestic F boarding pass, the checker lifted the belt and directed me into the bypass past the red carpet anyway. Not sure if it would have worked if I was in Y but a 1K flyer.

The detour was awesome! Bypassed the (long) security line to a position that was about 5 people from the screening machines. Had to basically cut in line because they were also diverting non-elite traffic to that machine, but, miraculously, no dirty looks.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz 5*
FLL has one, and even though it's Ted (rar) they have always moved me to that line. (been through FLL 9 times in the past 3 months...rar.

also a note on ATL, sometimes even the priority screening line is long.
there is a regular security line into the UA/AA gates seperate from the normal big security line. This mini security area almost never has a line and is more often that not, quicker that the priority line.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cepheid
Yes... is there an echo in here?
no echo; just trying to correct the first post in this thread that lists 1K

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....79&postcount=1
Old Jul 11, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
no echo; just trying to correct the first post in this thread that lists 1K
Well, that's what the united.com website says, apparently. But in the second post it does list that pretty much any elite level can use the line... the problem is there's no published guarantee of that.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
AVP has a brand-new terminal, and there is no priority security line!
Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Executive
This is fascinating. I've been kicked out of the First Class line at LAS when I was flying to Hawaii on UA first class but with a TED connection from LAS to LAX. I didn't try the 1P card. United's own website doesn't indicate that a 1P can use the First Class line.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:37 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by jonslow
This is fascinating. I've been kicked out of the First Class line at LAS when I was flying to Hawaii on UA first class but with a TED connection from LAS to LAX. I didn't try the 1P card. United's own website doesn't indicate that a 1P can use the First Class line.
IME, at LAS they pretty much let anyone through that shows something shiny.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by nnn
IME, at LAS they pretty much let anyone through that shows something shiny.

Thats true. I flashed my 1K card with an CO Y ticket and had no problem using the first class line.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:11 pm

DFW now has an elite line for 2P and up.

I found out this past weekend. It was kindof funny, but there is a checker and you get to head to the right, and breeze by the 10 people already standing in line for the actual ID/boarding pass check.

I guess they put this in since AA moved to the other end of the terminal.

BillJ
Old Aug 10, 2007, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
Originally Posted by laspvg
Thats true. I flashed my 1K card with an CO Y ticket and had no problem using the first class line.
I flashed my Player's Club Card, but they were unimpressed.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by livitup
I flashed my Player's Club Card, but they were unimpressed.
dykwia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.